Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Somerset @ Williamsburg 09/20
Briar Jumpers win it 48-20.
2000PHS Wrote:reality check for pj after this one. And it’s coming not a moment too soon.

48-20. Last Td coming late for Williamsburg.

I live in reality. it's you that is delusional and pumps your mediocre cats up to be great. lol. I keep telling you I'm not a Williamsburg fan and you keep thinking you are hurting me by putting them down Confusednicker:
pjdoug Wrote:I live in reality. it's you that is delusional and pumps your mediocre cats up to be great. lol. I keep telling you I'm not a Williamsburg fan and you keep thinking you are hurting me by putting them down Confusednicker:

lol please dig up where I have said the Tigers are great. I have said they have a championship caliber defense but they are far from great.

Well you can call yourself whatever you want but golden boy promotions will be calling you with a job offer with the way you have hyped up the Bees.
2000PHS Wrote:lol please dig up where I have said the Tigers are great. I have said they have a championship caliber defense but they are far from great.

Well you can call yourself whatever you want but golden boy promotions will be calling you with a job offer with the way you have hyped up the Bees.

You better hope that defense can score because you have no offense. Williamsburg has an offense and they are way better than you think they are. I keep trying to tell you they are good and you can't hear me, so you'll have to find out the hard way.
Somerset 35
Williamsburg 17

After what happened to Mayfield this past week, the Bunnies may just be the best team in 2A right now.
pjdoug Wrote:You better hope that defense can score because you have no offense. Williamsburg has an offense and they are way better than you think they are. I keep trying to tell you they are good and you can't hear me, so you'll have to find out the hard way.

And I keep telling you that they played Paintsville and Pikeville last year and scored 2 offensive TDs in 8 quarters. Unless there has been a massive transfer of talent (as a Paintsville I know it is possible haha) then I just don’t see where they are now going to come to Paintsville or Pikeville and put up 25+ points.
2000PHS Wrote:And I keep telling you that they played Paintsville and Pikeville last year and scored 2 offensive TDs in 8 quarters. Unless there has been a massive transfer of talent (as a Paintsville I know it is possible haha) then I just don’t see where they are now going to come to Paintsville or Pikeville and put up 25+ points.

Mayfield 42 Williamsburg 0
Mayfield 28 Williamsburg 27 OT

Mayfield fans thought the same after their blowout win, it is possible that things can change in one year, that said I think Pikeville is the favorite to win it all..

Somerset 42 Williamsburg 20
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
2000PHS Wrote:And I keep telling you that they played Paintsville and Pikeville last year and scored 2 offensive TDs in 8 quarters. Unless there has been a massive transfer of talent (as a Paintsville I know it is possible haha) then I just don’t see where they are now going to come to Paintsville or Pikeville and put up 25+ points.

And I keep telling you that you are stuck in the past. if you wanna concentrate on the past go back to where you were listening to Williamsburg play Mayfield for state championships. Check Williamsburg's deep roster. They play a lot of kids and not many playing both ways. They have a great offense too so you better straighten up or they will wear you down.
OldJacket Wrote:2013

Mayfield fans thought the same after their blowout win, it is possible that things can change in one year, that said I think Pikeville is the favorite to win it all..

I completely agree with you. I know Williamsburg has improved and we'll find out how much in the next couple weeks.
pjdoug Wrote:And I keep telling you that you are stuck in the past. if you wanna concentrate on the past go back to where you were listening to Williamsburg play Mayfield for state championships. Check Williamsburg's deep roster. They play a lot of kids and not many playing both ways. They have a great offense too so you better straighten up or they will wear you down.

Good luck Williamsburg. I feel after Friday night your vision will be corrected. Now if they play within 3 scores of Somerset, I’ll put them on the radar.
This is a game that really can put the Williamsburg QB on the radar for Mr Football. Do I think he can win? Not a chance but this game could get him a lot of votes if he can lead his team to a win. HE is the real deal but he really has not been tested this season. Hope he has studied hard for this one the Jackets are underdogs but who doesn’t pull for the underdog??
pjdoug Wrote:And I keep telling you that you are stuck in the past. if you wanna concentrate on the past go back to where you were listening to Williamsburg play Mayfield for state championships. Check Williamsburg's deep roster. They play a lot of kids and not many playing both ways. They have a great offense too so you better straighten up or they will wear you down.

No, those guys have been gone for years. These guys still playing are the ones who had two running clocks put on them by Pikeville. I don't care about the roster from many years ago. This roster has been smoked bad twice. Like 2000 said, if they can even stay on the field with Somerset I will think they are better, beating 4 Jellicos doesn't even move the needle.
jetpilot Wrote:No, those guys have been gone for years. These guys still playing are the ones who had two running clocks put on them by Pikeville. I don't care about the roster from many years ago. This roster has been smoked bad twice. Like 2000 said, if they can even stay on the field with Somerset I will think they are better, beating 4 Jellicos doesn't even move the needle.

It's all in the past and Paintsville hasn't even been in a championship. Wake your hind end up long head. You'll soon melt down and be in the nervous hospital.
^^^Paintsville has been in 2 championships.
jetpilot Wrote:^^^Paintsville has been in 2 championships.

When?35 years ago.You are really stuck.
OldJacket Wrote:2013

The only difference there is in 2014 Williamsburg pretty much had everyone back from the year before, and added an all-State caliber stud RB from Harlan County. Mayfield was in a “rebuilding” year.
Somerset, running clock
Redneck Wrote:The only difference there is in 2014 Williamsburg pretty much had everyone back from the year before, and added an all-State caliber stud RB from Harlan County. Mayfield was in a “rebuilding” year.

All the top teams add transfers. Duh. Don't make lame excuses. If Williamsburg hangs tough with Somerset you'll come up with all kinds of silly BS.
Redneck Wrote:The only difference there is in 2014 Williamsburg pretty much had everyone back from the year before, and added an all-State caliber stud RB from Harlan County. Mayfield was in a “rebuilding” year.

Williamsburg has pretty much everyone back and some transfers...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Redneck Wrote:Somerset, running clock

:biglmao:
pjdoug Wrote:All the top teams add transfers. Duh. Don't make lame excuses. If Williamsburg hangs tough with Somerset you'll come up with all kinds of silly BS.

Where’s the excuse? Mayfield lost everyone from the 2013 team, Williamsburg had everyone back. That’s not an excuse, that’s an observation and a reply to the comparison of those two years. I would have loved to have seen the Bees beat Mayfield. No excuse here buddy. I hope they beat Somerset, I just don’t see it happening.
OldJacket Wrote:Williamsburg has pretty much everyone back and some transfers...

I’m not dogging this team. I think they have a good team and they have a lot to prove, given their experience. I just not think they have what it takes to play with this Somerset team for 4 quarters. I hope I’m wrong.
Even if Williamsburg struggles in this one, it can be a positive moving forward deep into the playoffs. The first W-burg team that played in a state championship game lost to eventual 4A state runner-up Wayne County 40-12 in the regular season. Great learning experience when the Jackets eventually run up against Paintsville, Pikeville, Raceland, or Hazard. Same thing with the Lexington Christian game next week for WHS.
Redneck Wrote:Where’s the excuse? Mayfield lost everyone from the 2013 team, Williamsburg had everyone back. That’s not an excuse, that’s an observation and a reply to the comparison of those two years. I would have loved to have seen the Bees beat Mayfield. No excuse here buddy. I hope they beat Somerset, I just don’t see it happening.

Saying Mayfield lost everyone is downright comical.
Redneck Wrote:I’m not dogging this team. I think they have a good team and they have a lot to prove, given their experience. I just not think they have what it takes to play with this Somerset team for 4 quarters. I hope I’m wrong.
They don't have to. Somerset is the best team they'll face.
Should be a good game, May cross the mountain and watch this one. I think it will stay close for awhile, with Somerset pulling away in the end.
pjdoug Wrote:Saying Mayfield lost everyone is downright comical.

According to KHSAA website, Mayfield had 18 Seniors in 2013, Wburg had 8. 18 players is a lot to lose for a Class A school. I’m sure not all of those guys were starters, but given Mayfield’s history and tradition, I would say majority of those guys played a big role in their success in 2013.
Redneck Wrote:According to KHSAA website, Mayfield had 18 Seniors in 2013, Wburg had 8. 18 players is a lot to lose for a Class A school. I’m sure not all of those guys were starters, but given Mayfield’s history and tradition, I would say majority of those guys played a big role in their success in 2013.

They won the championship the next year too. They lit Williamsburg up with the young guys. Have you never watched Mayfield play? They don't rebuild. They re-load. lol
pjdoug Wrote:They won the championship the next year too. They lit Williamsburg up with the young guys. Have you never watched Mayfield play? They don't rebuild. They re-load. lol

Apparently this is way over your head. Yes I’ve watched Mayfield over the years. Yes, they just reload. A lot of those years everyone predicted Beechwood to take them after Mayfield lost a lot from the year before. Mayfield still won. Sorry you thought my comment about them losing everyone from ‘13 team was comical. They lost 18 seniors from that team.
Redneck Wrote:Apparently this is way over your head. Yes I’ve watched Mayfield over the years. Yes, they just reload. A lot of those years everyone predicted Beechwood to take them after Mayfield lost a lot from the year before. Mayfield still won. Sorry you thought my comment about them losing everyone from ‘13 team was comical. They lost 18 seniors from that team.
Nothing is over my head. I still think it is comical. They won 3 consecutive championships and they lose a load of seniors and get transfers every year.. Williamsburg got beat early in the first game and the second time around they knew what to expect and were more prepared along with moving an athlete from wide receiver to quarterback.