Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pineville 47 Paris 12
Final
Way to go Mountain Lions!
Pineville is 3-0. Middlesboro with a big win and Bell covered the spread against SL. Looks like football is going good that way. Facebook post had Colby Frazier as offensive MVP.
Congratulations Lions!!!

Great to see another W in your season!
Congrats to Lions. Minimum 8 wins this year
Life is good in Pineville when they bring home the win on Friday nights.

Serious question though, do they have the weakest schedule in the state? Not saying this to start any personal battles here because I do understand the value of wins, but their schedule has to be the softest in the state.
A player from Pineville compared the schedules and both teams play four of the same opponents. Besides Breathitt not too much there either. An improved Leslie, what else? Forget schedules head-to-head soon. That should settle things.
They may have a weakest scheduled in the state, but I see nothing wrong with their schedule. They are a very small school and should not play powerhouses. I am glad to see them wining. I actually didn't recognize their last game. Who is Sayre?
Small Private School in Lexington
Probably a mistake but according to KHSAA they only play 7 games. Why would that be?
This is Sayre’s first year of football I think
‘77 was their last year of football until last year.
Pineville is the 3 smallest school to play football in Kentucky! In the grid they play Leslie 2A school that will compete for a district title... Week 1 McCreary 3A same district as Bell County Week 2 Knott County 2A Same district as Boro,Leslie? Week 3 a Paris team that has been very good 1A program... So weak schedule I’m not sure you have looked at the rest of the county schedules...
Not knocking them for their schedule. They are a small school. Don’t blame them for playing a weak schedule. I would too. I wouldn’t go play Hazard, Pikeville, or paintsville and get my brains beat in. That does nothing to help your program. I think Pineville has a nice schedule for their school size. Nothing wrong with playing Sayre either. I just didn’t know why they played 7 games.
Lions competing for district title.
I was at this game and I was blown away with the physical play of Pineville. Coach Frazier really has these boys playing the right way. Pineville will be the district runner up, behind Williamsburg.
Trashtalker Wrote:Pineville is the 3 smallest school to play football in Kentucky! In the grid they play Leslie 2A school that will compete for a district title... Week 1 McCreary 3A same district as Bell County Week 2 Knott County 2A Same district as Boro,Leslie? Week 3 a Paris team that has been very good 1A program... So weak schedule I’m not sure you have looked at the rest of the county schedules...

Quoting their respective classes means nothing. It’s a facade. Any knowledgeable football fan could tell you that there are 4A teams that couldn’t play dead. If their so respectable, have any of Pineville’s opponents looked respectable in their other games?

I’m seeing a combined 1-7 record thus far.

I’m not saying they don’t need to schedule this weak of schedule, because they are tiny. I’m just making the observation that it must be the weakest.

Very likely to pick up another W this week with 0-2 East Ridge on the slate.
I would say this is previous coaches schedule. I think he went to Knox. I’m not sure about that. Looks like a tough Harlan game you have this week and Knott and Morgan County games.
Oh I’m not speaking negatively about Coach Frazier at all. Very good guy and coach. They are extremely fortunate to have him.
I wasn't either. I hope they win against East Ridge. Do not know anything about them or their record. I just wasn't sure who Sayre was. I didn't know why they only played 7 games. I think Thomas Walker is improved too. I agree Coach Frazier is a good guy.
I think he was an assistant at Whitley Co. and head coach at Middlesboro. I have no idea about Thomas Walker. Have they played them before? I saw where someone posted they had never played East Ridge so I wasn’t sure.