Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mayfield 45 Lausanne 22
Mayfield handled this team most of the night. Lausanne is a good team that will get better as the season goes on but Mayfield had way too many weapons for them. Lausanne's line was big but Mayfield kept them moving and they got tired.
Good win to start the season.
I agree, I personally think that Memphis school thought they were going to get a pansy for a team and realized too late these red clad guys can put the WOOD to you
Nice start, that was a good team we just whipped
They poked the wrong bear tonight!
Congrats to Mayfield. Expect a lot more games like this for Cards this year. Far and away favorite in 2A.
I love it when we whip a private school! Thought we played an all around good ballgame. Great win to start the season
Lausanne got shell shocked tonight. They have a great mix of size, speed and athleticism and I will predict they will once again have a very good season and make a deep run in the playoffs. In saying that, you have to tip your cap to the Cardinals. They were very impressive tonight. Not only offensively, but, looked strong defensively, as well. The secondary had 2 or 3 picks and several pass breakups, the DL held there own and contained the run against some exceptionally quick kids and the LBs pursued well and were sure tacklers. They bent some, but managed not to give up many big plays and they pressured the Lynx QB all night. When they gave him time a few times, he could throw a nice ball. Offensively, Stinson was on point with nearly every pass and between Neely, Perry, Daniels and a couple of others, they caught any and everything close. Galbreath isn't very big, but, man he runs hard and keeps those feet churning for that extra couple of yards while Jackson is a huge weapon in short yardage situations. He's big, strong and fast and hits the hole with a purpose. This Cardinal offense has a chance to be really special this year. They really do.
Just another overrated Tennessee team. Maybe they should use that high price tuition and buy a clue...lol
Amazing how Mayfield reloads year after year. Morris and company have built a beast of a program.
Does anyone have the box score/stats from this game.. I'm anxious to see what Stinson's passing stats looked like..
19-25, 233 yards, 1 interception
Does anyone have all the stats? Curious to see the comparison?
ontopofthewest Wrote:Does anyone have all the stats? Curious to see the comparison?

Go to Lausanne on Max Preps, I saw them there, might be at the end of game highlights for them, I cant recall for sure exactly where but I know the stats are there
Kracken Wrote:Amazing how Mayfield reloads year after year. Morris and company have built a beast of a program.

It actually goes much deeper than that, this program has always been a beast, that is why they are 4th in the Nation in wins but the Morris family has certainly been the programs biggest contributor