•  Previous
  • 19(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2019 Class A Favorites From The East
jetpilot Wrote:Bless your heart aren't you in for a shock!Confusednicker:
Pikeville will have receivers open all over the field vs. Paintsville and McNamee will hit them...
A stat the NFL values highly: last year McNamee 11 yds/attempt Hyden 8 yds/attempt.
Also Hyden completed 3 passes for 12 years and no TDs and an interception vs. Pikeville last year. He did run the ball well. He is a good player and I like the way he plays but Paintsville will not have any advantage at the QB position.

12 years Smile
pjdoug Wrote:12 years Smile

It seemed like it...:HitWall:
IMO it goes 1. Pikeville 2. Paintsville 3. Raceland 4. Williamsburg 5. Hazard. Obviously as of now Pikeville is the favorite, however that could change throughout the season. Paintsville has one of the best lines it has had in the past few years and if Seth Williams takes football as serious as I think he’s going to I think Paintsville will put up a pretty good fight against the panthers. Senior Nick Keeton is also a good addition at 6’4 205. Raceland has one of the best D Lines it has had in the last 20 years. Williamsburg is also a contender because of their QB Ponder, and Hazard always finds a way to compete, so IMO although Pikeville is going to be really good with Hensley, McNamee, and Tinsley, I still think the East is very competitive
The East 1a
District 5 Nicholas County
District 6 Paintsville don't count Raceland out. Raceland finds away usually to get Paintsville back in playoffs.
District 7 Pikeville don't count Hazard out Pikeville has to go to Hazard regular season
District 8 Williamsburg

Schedule wise Pikeville and Paintsville have equal schedule who ever wins the season game gets the 1 seed in the east.

Seeding
1. Pikeville
2. Paintsville
3. Williamsburg
4. Nicholas Co.

If Williamsburg has 10-0 Regular Season and wins first 2 Rounds playoffs(don't know how this seeding will go) Paintsville and Pikeville has Couple of L's Williamsburg could get 1 Seed or 2 Seed
I am hoping when the re-seeding is done for semis (if that is how it is indeed done) the 2 East teams have the top 2 seeds and home games so hopefully an all-east final at Kroger.
The east is always a beast. This year what makes it so interesting is to watch is how these teams develop and get their own identity. We all know what everyone lost and who steps up for their team is the what makes it so much fun to watch,(or not so fun if they don’t progress the right way). I think Paintsville does get a slight edge where they have Pikeville and Raceland at their home field. Will they win those games it’s entirely up to these players. Read on here about Paintsville o-line and d-line which will be one of their strengths but their linebacker core and secondary took a hit. I know they have Phelps back (which he is a good one) but they lost 2 of the four. So does that make the quarterback have to play on both sides of the ball? Plus they have the Allen young man back at linebacker and he is a good one does the other Keaton play linebacker? I could go on and on about these teams in the east on how much talent they lost and who is going to step up. I just used Paintsville as an example but could have used any of the others(Pikeville,Raceland,Hazard) in the same way. The unanswered questions is what makes it interesting. Williamsburg will be a team that someone has to deal with probably lost the least of the other 4 teams. But right now for me I have about 30 days to worry about Bardstown a 3A School that only lost 2 seniors last year. One game at a time but as always GO PANTHERS!!!
jetpilot Wrote:It seemed like it...:HitWall:
close enough. lol
BasketballFan23 Wrote:IMO it goes 1. Pikeville 2. Paintsville 3. Raceland 4. Williamsburg 5. Hazard. Obviously as of now Pikeville is the favorite, however that could change throughout the season. Paintsville has one of the best lines it has had in the past few years and if Seth Williams takes football as serious as I think he’s going to I think Paintsville will put up a pretty good fight against the panthers. Senior Nick Keeton is also a good addition at 6’4 205. Raceland has one of the best D Lines it has had in the last 20 years. Williamsburg is also a contender because of their QB Ponder, and Hazard always finds a way to compete, so IMO although Pikeville is going to be really good with Hensley, McNamee, and Tinsley, I still think the East is very competitive
Williamsburg has more than Ponder. They think they are a top 2 team.
pjdoug Wrote:Williamsburg has more than Ponder. They think they are a top 2 team.

Then they must not think they had a running clock put on them at the end of the 1st quarter the last time they took the field.
I know one thing for sure football is almost here!!! All this talk is getting me pumped!!!

The good thing about 1A is most teams play each other.

Pikeville plays Paintsville, Raceland and Hazard

Hazard Plays Paintsville and Pikeville

Paintsville plays Pikeville,Hazard and Raceland

Raceland plays Pikeville and Paintsville.

Those 4 play each other,Williamsburg doesn’t play either this year.

They will have just two common opponents with those 4 teams and that’s Somerset and Lexington Christian. Hazard plays Somerset and Paintsville plays LCA.
We still will have an east and west bracket.
BasketballFan23 Wrote:IMO it goes 1. Pikeville 2. Paintsville 3. Raceland 4. Williamsburg 5. Hazard. Obviously as of now Pikeville is the favorite, however that could change throughout the season. Paintsville has one of the best lines it has had in the past few years and if Seth Williams takes football as serious as I think he’s going to I think Paintsville will put up a pretty good fight against the panthers. Senior Nick Keeton is also a good addition at 6’4 205. Raceland has one of the best D Lines it has had in the last 20 years. Williamsburg is also a contender because of their QB Ponder, and Hazard always finds a way to compete, so IMO although Pikeville is going to be really good with Hensley, McNamee, and Tinsley, I still think the East is very competitive

Raceland lost all but one of the entire front 7 , not sure where ur getting this will be best Dline they’ve had in years I’m sure it’s a big area of concern for Raceland along with loosing both running backs and arguably the best safety in the area
Paintsville's roster is up on the KHSAA site.
Good news: J Allen and Williams are on it.
Bad news: 36 players, 11 of whom are freshmen.
jetpilot Wrote:Then they must not think they had a running clock put on them at the end of the 1st quarter the last time they took the field.

You should purchase a Delorean.
jetpilot Wrote:Paintsville's roster is up on the KHSAA site.
The Orange Bees are coming for you.
pjdoug Wrote:The Orange Bees are coming for you.

I hope so.
jetpilot Wrote:Paintsville's roster is up on the KHSAA site.

I think the good news definitely outweighs the bad news. This news may keep us from having a running clock out on us vs the Panthers... 😃
Eagleland Wrote:The East 1a
District 5 Nicholas County
District 6 Paintsville don't count Raceland out. Raceland finds away usually to get Paintsville back in playoffs.
District 7 Pikeville don't count Hazard out Pikeville has to go to Hazard regular season
District 8 Williamsburg

Schedule wise Pikeville and Paintsville have equal schedule who ever wins the season game gets the 1 seed in the east.

Seeding
1. Pikeville
2. Paintsville
3. Williamsburg
4. Nicholas Co.

If Williamsburg has 10-0 Regular Season and wins first 2 Rounds playoffs(don't know how this seeding will go) Paintsville and Pikeville has Couple of L's Williamsburg could get 1 Seed or 2 Seed

Pikeville schedule is tougher.
1)at Belfry is 2-3 TDs tougher than Beechwood at neutral site after Beechwood has to replace pretty much everyone except the QB.

2)Bardstown much better than EJ last year and has everyone back and will be really good.

Other 8 games are a wash IMO. Tiger Blues needs to run this through his SOS supercomputer.:1:
^^^I wasn't even counting that Ridgeview beat Union by 2 TDs last year and has their all-world RB coming back. Union is usually very good and I don't know which of those 2 teams will be better this year.
After watching Pikeville play last year, I just don't see anyone in the East being able to play within two touchdowns of the Panthers this year. I understand anything can happen on any given Friday Night, but if Pikeville can avoid injuries and play at a high level, I truely beleive they are the team to beat in 1A.
jetpilot Wrote:I hope so.
Confusednicker:
jetpilot Wrote:Then they must not think they had a running clock put on them at the end of the 1st quarter the last time they took the field.

If true, then congratulations to the Panthers going untested the entire year in 1A.
2000PHS Wrote:If true, then congratulations to the Panthers going untested the entire year in 1A.

Waiting patiently for you to post something that isn't about Pikeville.
Please direct me to any post that infers in the least Pikeville or anyone else won't be tested.
jetpilot Wrote:Waiting patiently for you to post something that isn't about Pikeville.
Please direct me to any post that infers in the least Pikeville or anyone else won't be tested.

Pikeville is the team to beat.
pjdoug Wrote:Pikeville is the team to beat.

No wonder I like you so much PJDoug, but unlike 2000PHS the rest of us know anyone can be beat on a given night. Going to be some great match ups early in the year for these 1A schools. But as always GO PANTHERS!!!
Patriot1 Wrote:No wonder I like you so much PJDoug, but unlike 2000PHS the rest of us know anyone can be beat on a given night. Going to be some great match ups early in the year for these 1A schools. But as always GO PANTHERS!!!

I made serious post about how of course any team can be beat on a given night.
2000PHS Wrote:I made serious post about how of course any team can be beat on a given night.

:truestory:
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Raceland lost all but one of the entire front 7 , not sure where ur getting this will be best Dline they’ve had in years I’m sure it’s a big area of concern for Raceland along with loosing both running backs and arguably the best safety in the area

Belfry and Raceland scrimmage in a couple of weeks ....@belfry. Wonder if a few panther folks will venture over?
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:Belfry and Raceland scrimmage in a couple of weeks ....@belfry. Wonder if a few panther folks will venture over?

You won’t kick me out will you OutlawJoseyWales
I sure wish the season would get here...
  •  Previous
  • 19(current)
  • Next