Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Randy Napier Retires
Coach Napier has informed Perry County he is retiring. This is coming for the Perry County School Board
So who’s on their list?
These would be the names on my search list:

1. John Noble
2. Larry Caudill
3. Jeff Honeycutt
Anything official on this? Source?
The King aint ready to give up his crown. Fake News
The Weatherman Wrote:Anything official on this? Source?

I can confirm he's retiring.
He just let the team know.
Id say John Noble will be the new Captain of the ship then. Hate to see Randy quit. Thought hed done one of his better jobs this season considering he lost Hall.
Wow. But, why would Noble leave what he’s been accomplishing with the Breathitt boys? I think that would be crazy. If it’s true that Hoskins is leaving, this could be a mess to try to clean up for any coach.
I don’t think John Noble would leave the Breathitt County boys job. From what I hear he’s got a lot of talent on the way up from his grade school and middle school programs.
Da Truth Wrote:These would be the names on my search list:

1. John Noble
2. Larry Caudill
3. Jeff Honeycutt

1. Not happening, would be a step down.
2. Why would you want that?
3. Eh. Not likely. Talent like Mullins will keep him at KCC. Would be a pretty good hire though for PCC. But, not gonna happen.
Bulldogs4Ever Wrote:Id say John Noble will be the new Captain of the ship then. Hate to see Randy quit. Thought hed done one of his better jobs this season considering he lost Hall.

Why is everyone so sure John Noble is going to take the job. I don't think he would do that. I would be beyond shocked if he did. The boys job at PCC, maybe. But, he's a Bobcat until future notice. Just the facts.
clay1 Wrote:Wow. But, why would Noble leave what he’s been accomplishing with the Breathitt boys? I think that would be crazy. If it’s true that Hoskins is leaving, this could be a mess to try to clean up for any coach.

Preach. Whoever follows Hoskins has a lot to live up to.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:I don’t think John Noble would leave the Breathitt County boys job. From what I hear he’s got a lot of talent on the way up from his grade school and middle school programs.

I don't know about the talent level in the feeder programs, but I know last year he could go 12 deep, easy. At least 10 deep without a dropoff, might have even had some better players coming off the bench. Especially, on certain nights. Not sure why he'd leave. He seems to really enjoy it up at Breathitt. Seems to be a great guy, from what I can tell.
No way Napier reitired on his own. I’d say he was forced out, heard several kids and parents were unhappy and leaving if he came back..
Honeycutt would never leave knott. No way they hire Caudill and i don’t think noble will leave the boys. Brashear will get consideration plus the fronapel woman
hitter Wrote:Honeycutt would never leave knott. No way they hire Caudill and i don’t think noble will leave the boys. Brashear will get consideration plus the fronapel woman

We shall see Confusedhh:
Napier has been a successful coach with around 886 wins vs 200 some losses. That's a great achievement. Wish him the best. The 1994 championship was a great accomplishment also.
Da Truth Wrote:These would be the names on my search list:

1. John Noble
2. Larry Caudill
3. Jeff Honeycutt

[Image: http://i39.tinypic.com/2lvjuyb.gif] Dear sweet baby Jesus brutha its not happening and take that to the Bank of Hindman mini mall edition bruh and cash that! Honeycutta and Pat nation be rising like ole Fatpat out of the hot tub brutha and thats wide freaking open! Pats be loaded straight up! #bignegative #goingnowhere More mash taters please!!!
Give me one good reason why noble leaves breathitt
SAD SAM Wrote:Give me one good reason why noble leaves breathitt

His daughter goes to PCC and I think she's a cheerleader?

Bigger arena and could be more $$$
Strikeout King Wrote:His daughter goes to PCC and I think she's a cheerleader?

Bigger arena and could be more $$$

Possibility if we were talking about Perry Central’s boys job, but I don’t think Noble leaves Breathitt County’s boys job to coach Perry’s girls.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:Possibility if we were talking about Perry Central’s boys job, but I don’t think Noble leaves Breathitt County’s boys job to coach Perry’s girls.

I'm not going to say anything until it's official, but let me say that coaches are typically husbands and fathers first and coaches second.

Noble actually took a job at the Perry BOE and planned on stopping coaching until Breathitt called. Everyone on here speculated there was something up with it and he was going to end up coaching Perry's boys but that just wasn't the case.

Let me reiterate this post is not an insinuation of what John will or should do. I just think it's short-sighted to say he would never leave Breathitt to be Randy's successor.
zaga_fan Wrote:I'm not going to say anything until it's official, but let me say that coaches are typically husbands and fathers first and coaches second.

Noble actually took a job at the Perry BOE and planned on stopping coaching until Breathitt called. Everyone on here speculated there was something up with it and he was going to end up coaching Perry's boys but that just wasn't the case.

Let me reiterate this post is not an insinuation of what John will or should do. I just think it's short-sighted to say he would never leave Breathitt to be Randy's successor.

Well put. Nothing against you zaga, I mean after all we're talking about high school sports here, but, I'd be shocked if he left Breathitt for the girls job at Perry. He'll be coaching on the Breathitt County bench again this season.
The Ole Man Wrote:Well put. Nothing against you zaga, I mean after all we're talking about high school sports here, but, I'd be shocked if he left Breathitt for the girls job at Perry. He'll be coaching on the Breathitt County bench again this season.

I don't take offense Wink

I'm not going to go out on a limb and say he's going to be the girls coach at Perry Central, but the reason his name has come up is that there was mutual interest and conversations have happened.

John drives from Perry to Breathitt County and back every day. He already coaches the girls AAU team in Perry County and his daughter plays on that team. There are reasons why he would take the job, but I understand he has a good spot in Breathitt too.
zaga_fan Wrote:I don't take offense Wink

I'm not going to go out on a limb and say he's going to be the girls coach at Perry Central, but the reason his name has come up is that there was mutual interest and conversations have happened.

John drives from Perry to Breathitt County and back every day. He already coaches the girls AAU team in Perry County and his daughter plays on that team. There are reasons why he would take the job, but I understand he has a good spot in Breathitt too.

It's about a 30-45 minute drive. Nothing terrible. There definitely are reasons, but, all in all I consider the boys job at Breathitt to be better than the girls job at Perry. Especially, given the current talent levels.
Heard Noble turned it down and now its being considered by Collett. Not sure any truth to that but they acted like they knew what was going on at the softball game yesterday.
Depends on who "they" is. A lot of times "they" can be quite the fountain of misinformation.
Could be or they could be spewing the truth, you never know. My personal opinion is neither Noble or Collett take it.
Does Collett have a admin job in Leslie? I don’t think Perry is going to give him something like that. If he doesn’t he might take it but why would he leave Leslie when they had better talent than Perry the past couple of years and probably the next couple if he wanted to still coach?
A very reliable source has confirmed that John Noble has turned down the offer.
Another source is saying that Mark Collett has told them that he’s not interested as well.