•  Previous
  • 9(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2019 Class A Favorites From The East
RAMDAD50 Wrote:I can’t understand anybody saying it’s better to have a open date then to schedule a running clock! These kids aren’t playing the game for the people in the stands, its for them! They are young for such a short period of time and we get on here and statements ...saying it’s better for them to play less games??? Wrong...they need to play all the games they can play!!! I’ve said it before...real life is coming fast and hard! Don’t take what few games they have away from them even if it’s a running clock!

I agree. The younger kids that work so hard in practice need playing time, too.
jetpilot Wrote:I was being facetious people! Giving Paintsville a hard time for scheduling a weak team. Now people will have to think twice about scheduling cupcakes, since RPI is now being used for seeding.:igiveup:

Were you born an A-hole? or did you work at it your whole life? Confusednicker:
pjdoug Wrote:Were you born an A-hole? or did you work at it your whole life? Confusednicker:

:lame:
jetpilot Wrote::lame:

:biglmao:
I would love to go back to the 12 week regular season and 2 teams to the playoffs. It would allow good teams to schedule better competition.
4everUK Wrote:I would love to go back to the 12 week regular season and 2 teams to the playoffs. It would allow good teams to schedule better competition.

No it wouldn’t ....because there isn’t enough “good” football teams in this state that are in driving distance for any Quality program! Just about all schools have travel regulations so instead of a good team having 3 to 5 running clocks you would have 5 to 7 running clocks on the schedule.We need to get over wanting less teams in the playoffs cause it’s simple not going to happen!
Williamsburg schedule
8/23 at Jellico
8/30 Middlesboro
9/6 at Leslie County
9/13 Frankfort
9/20 Somerset
9/27 at Lexington Christian
10/11 at Harlan
10/18 Pineville
10/25 Lynn Camp
11/1 at Perry Central
At LCA and Somerset will be two tuff opponents I don’t know much about some of the others but they will win their district. Williamsburg returns a lot and will be in the hunt again in the east
RAMDAD50 Wrote:No it wouldn’t ....because there isn’t enough “good” football teams in this state that are in driving distance for any Quality program! Just about all schools have travel regulations so instead of a good team having 3 to 5 running clocks you would have 5 to 7 running clocks on the schedule.We need to get over wanting less teams in the playoffs cause it’s simple not going to happen!
We’ll just have to disagree on that
Paintsville will be playing Powell Co and Russell in the 1st scrimmage then @ Corbin for the 2nd scrimmage.

Regular season has Lawrence Co., union, va, beechwood, Pikeville, Hazard, East Jessamine and finishes with LCA.

Also of course the district games.
Just happy the powers that be at Paintsville read Jet's post and removed Magoffin Co. from the schedule. Sure would have hated to seen all the coaches and half the teachers and 3/4th of the bus drivers get canned. 😁
2000PHS Wrote:Paintsville will be playing Powell Co and Russell in the 1st scrimmage then @ Corbin for the 2nd scrimmage.

Regular season has Lawrence Co., union, va, beechwood, Pikeville, Hazard, East Jessamine and finishes with LCA.

Also of course the district games.

That is a good schedule and finishing with LCA at their place I believe wil be a good test. If they had keep Williamsburg on the schedule (probably couldn’t get that worked out) they would have had to me at least all the contenders in 1A on their schedule from the east. Going to be another good year in 1A football in the east but as always GO PANTHERS!!!
That is a very good schedule for Paintsville.
Looks like all the contenders from the East have put together solid schedules
Paintsville will be very good if Seth Williams plays, and they will be very average if he doesn’t....
Budsqueezer Wrote:Paintsville will be very good if Seth Williams plays, and they will be very average if he doesn’t....

Paintsville will be very good either way but Williams playing still won't get them to Kroger Field...
I agree Paintsville is going to be very good and Williams definitely helps. That gives them a complete backfield,with Hayden and Williams and Phelps and Allen and they had another one but I can’t remember his name . My question is Gunner Collins going to help and did the Ratliff kid play at Ashland in football I am talking about. I know he is playing baseball and is doing a real good job and Gunner is dealing with a elbow problem is going to be able o play?
Not only will they get there, they are going to win it! There 22 is better than your 22 from top to bottom! They will have to play more iron man football but their 22 is better than yours!
SugeAvery Wrote:Not only will they get there, they are going to win it! There 22 is better than your 22 from top to bottom! They will have to play more iron man football but their 22 is better than yours!

Iron men teams don’t win anymore, haven’t in a couple of decades, even in single A those days are over.
The numbers alone in 1A lend to playing your best people both ways! That is nothing that is old or outdated. They have done it for years and will continue to do so! The fact is they have a very good set of skill guys and a huge Oline that can play on the Dline as well. If you are a talented player in 1A, you better be playing both sides of the ball. They are going to do more of that this year and it will make them more successful. Tyrese did, Kash did and most time the best player in 1A should play both sides of the ball. They will be much better for this year with the talent they have which is very underrated based on these previous posts!
SugeAvery Wrote:The numbers alone in 1A lend to playing your best people both ways! That is nothing that is old or outdated. They have done it for years and will continue to do so! The fact is they have a very good set of skill guys and a huge Oline that can play on the Dline as well. If you are a talented player in 1A, you better be playing both sides of the ball. They are going to do more of that this year and it will make them more successful. Tyrese did, Kash di.d and most time the best player in 1A should play both sides of the ball. They will be much better for this year with the talent they have which is very underrated based on these previous posts!

That’s true most do play both ways and not only in 1A but right up to 4A at least the best players. Now where do you get that some said they were underrated. I for one never said they were lacking in talent, they have a lot of talent. Now for them winning it all that’s to be seen and it could happen but their will be some teams that will have just as good as chance as they do but that’s along way off yet, and as always GO PANTHERS!!!
SugeAvery Wrote:Not only will they get there, they are going to win it! There 22 is better than your 22 from top to bottom! They will have to play more iron man football but their 22 is better than yours!

:biglmao:
I never said it would be easy by no means! The east will be the most competitive this year in my opinion! With Seniors Allen, Phelps, Williams, and Hyden being a junior with countless time in the QB spot playing in big games; it just seems to line up for them. They will also have one of the bigger lines in 1A, but those guys just aren't big they can play. I know Pikeville will be good and Williamsburg has a very good QB that will be a force. I think Raceland lost a lot but that guy always seems to have his team playing well in the end. I just think from top to bottom Paintsville's talent level is better than those other schools. Plus, the experience factor will be valuable with their best talent being seniors and all have started since they were freshman and have played in big games. It is going to be very interesting this year in 1A without Beechwood. Joe should have 2 already but I think this is the year he gets it done. His defense is always great and if the offense plays up to the talent level, it will be his year.
Dang...some one is a little excited about football Hahahah
RAMDAD50 Wrote:Dang...some one is a little excited about football Hahahah

Aren’t you excited about football RAMDAD50, though it looks like we all are playing for 2nd best in the east
SugeAvery Wrote:I never said it would be easy by no means! The east will be the most competitive this year in my opinion! With Seniors Allen, Phelps, Williams, and Hyden being a junior with countless time in the QB spot playing in big games; it just seems to line up for them. They will also have one of the bigger lines in 1A, but those guys just aren't big they can play. I know Pikeville will be good and Williamsburg has a very good QB that will be a force. I think Raceland lost a lot but that guy always seems to have his team playing well in the end. I just think from top to bottom Paintsville's talent level is better than those other schools. Plus, the experience factor will be valuable with their best talent being seniors and all have started since they were freshman and have played in big games. It is going to be very interesting this year in 1A without Beechwood. Joe should have 2 already but I think this is the year he gets it done. His defense is always great and if the offense plays up to the talent level, it will be his year.

2???
Gargamel Wrote:2???

1??? It's really hard to keep up with the "should haves" these days.TongueirateSho
Where does hazard fit in this mix?
Frogs22 Wrote:Where does hazard fit in this mix?

In the long and growing list behind Taintsville it seems
Every time someone gets on here talking g about this year being "THE YEAR"...It has rarely worked out for that particular fan base. No matter which fan base it is. We have all done our fair share of penciling things in, but if we have learned nothing over the last decade of single A football in the east is nothing is certain. Side note, it has been a common thread in that decade, that a team from the East has been ranked number 1 or 2 going into the playoffs and I would say atleast 60% of the time, that team has fallen in the semis or quarter finals. Dating all the way back to 2008 Raceland.
  •  Previous
  • 9(current)
  • Next