Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Graves Hires Morgan Cruce
Graves County hires Morgan Cruce, an assistant coach from Bethel. Don't know much about him. Hope he does and good job and starts beating Mayfield.
Bethel as in Bethel U?
[QUOTE=Ghostofjoey;Hope he does and good job and starts beating Mayfield.[/QUOTE]

Your gonna need it this year :devilflam

:
I don't know anything about him, I have actually never heard of him until his name serviced for this job. Tell us about him please
If he lets the parents run the program as past coaches have, then it will be same old song and dance.
I doubt that he will make any kind of difference. But, we shall see.
Ghostofjoey Wrote:Graves County hires Morgan Cruce, an assistant coach from Bethel. Don't know much about him. Hope he does and good job and starts beating Mayfield.

Don’t hold your breath
It’s kinda funny, when Gregory resigned , and the new coach search began, somebody accused mayfield fans of making everything about us, when we were discussing a job opening IN OUR COUNTY, now , Graves hires someone and the first poster ( not a mayfield fan) makes it ABOUT US! Smile
rookie57 Wrote:It’s kinda funny, when Gregory resigned , and the new coach search began, somebody accused mayfield fans of making everything about us, when we were discussing a job opening IN OUR COUNTY, now , Graves hires someone and the first poster ( not a mayfield fan) makes it ABOUT US! Smile

As far as I know Graves doesn't have many posters. Soo if we don't post all ya get is...crickets.
I talked to the principal at the school in Arkansas that he coached at. He said that Graves is getting a good coach and an even better man who'll impact young men in a positive way. He said to expect power football, that he wants to run the ball and fight it out in the trenches. I'll be pulling for him to be successful 9 out of 10 games next year!
KYHog Wrote:I talked to the principal at the school in Arkansas that he coached at. He said that Graves is getting a good coach and an even better man who'll impact young men in a positive way. He said to expect power football, that he wants to run the ball and fight it out in the trenches. I'll be pulling for him to be successful 9 out of 10 games next year!

Hope its not the wing t. They've already been down that road and it was not good.
You got me good there rookie57!
Well Ghost, what is your take on this hire? Is this the man Mayfield will come to fear?
I don't know. We will have to wait and see. Very hard to predict how good a young high school coach can be. Don't know much about him since most of his years are in TN.
Ghostofjoey Wrote:I don't know. We will have to wait and see. Very hard to predict how good a young high school coach can be. Don't know much about him since most of his years are in TN.

My conclusion as well. I didnt not think that his short stays everywhere he has been so far in his young career was good. With no roots in Graves I would be a little worried that he might be a short term coach but then again who knows
If he runs the offense he learned at Bethel U they were a shotgun RPO offense who were #1in the nation on scoring offense and #2 in the nation in rushing per game.
I did a little research and found out Bethel was based on Malzahn because the HC coached under him at Auburn. Maybe he runs that at Graves maybe he doesn't.
Aaaand today his old boss at Bethel got a job as senior offensive assistant at Kansas.
Iam4thecats Wrote:I did a little research and found out Bethel was based on Malzahn because the HC coached under him at Auburn. Maybe he runs that at Graves maybe he doesn't.

If you got the right Jimmies and Joe's you can run anything you want.