•  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Larry French to Middlesboro
Not BS. I saw it with my own eyes. I doubt I was the only one that saw it. Coach French was sitting with Waylon Allen in Hardee’s around 10:30 Saturday morning. They didn’t seemed like they cared who saw them. If the Super is at the basketball game Monday night I am going to ask him. I know what I saw.
Their youth programs have really tanked and it has taken its toll.

They had a youth fball director that was indicted for stealing upwards of $10,000 so that tells a lot. Current coach/former now I guess came in and created a 5th and 6th grade program for middle school which was met with resentment but the right thing to do. And to answer your last question there are still athletes there but most of them specialize in baseball. Hopefully the schedule the next few years in football draws some of the basketball and baseball kids our Bc they can sure help out. A lot of that depends on who their next head coach is also. Best of luck. It’s more fun when mountain teams excel- that’s for sure
I thought we were going to know on Friday.
I don't think Larry is going anywhere.
64black&gold Wrote:I don't think Larry is going anywhere.

He is probably going to the highest bidder :biggrin:
any news or updates on the coaching search
Coach French was in town looking at houses with Kevin Bisceglia a local realtor. If he wants the job it's his. No interviews have been done. From what I have heard French will make his decision by Friday
I talked to the Super today, I know he’s working hard to get a good coach!!!
Still no news from Middlesboro. I am starting to think I was right. Middlesboro will never land French. I did see him with the Super Saturday but the longer it goes the more I am thinking french is not coming. I do think Superintendent Allen has made a hard run at him.
pjdoug Wrote:He is probably going to the highest bidder :biggrin:

that's a bold statement about a coach of his caliber. If you think it's about the highest bidder, you've got Larry French wrong! He's a great coach of unquestionable character !
Observer22 Wrote:that's a bold statement about a coach of his caliber. If you think it's about the highest bidder, you've got Larry French wrong! He's a great coach of unquestionable character !
I didn't question his character. He is one of the best.Don't even try to tell me he won't take a different job for a higher paycheck.
pay maybe a factor, but i'm sure if he had the support of the admin at southwestern he wouldn't consider a move. highest bidder comment suggest otherwise.
Observer22 Wrote:pay maybe a factor, but i'm sure if he had the support of the admin at southwestern he wouldn't consider a move. highest bidder comment suggest otherwise.

pay is the main factor and it's not like he is a lifetime Southwestern Warrior. I'm through responding to you. Go get back on your other personality.
French would be a HUGE get for the Jackets! Hope they can make this happen.
I think a "life changing" event like moving will take some time. He was looking at houses after he left Hardees.
Expect breaking news within the next hour or so. Things are developing quickly today.
Wow
He's officially resigned at Southwestern. Lake Cumberland Sports just broke it on Facebook.
Iam4thecats Wrote:The 2006 Lincoln County team was in the last year of 4 classes. My mistake the semi team was the next year

He won 10 games with that 2006 team. 21 in two years. Not sure Lincoln has won 21 combined since he left.
Wow. Middlesboro must have made him an offer he couldn't refuse.
I am in amazement. Wow! I haven’t heard anything official at Middlesboro yet. If this happens it is huge for Middlesboro. Middlesboro May be back!
jumper1 Wrote:Expect breaking news within the next hour or so. Things are developing quickly today.

exciting.
watcher Wrote:I am in amazement. Wow! I haven’t heard anything official at Middlesboro yet. If this happens it is huge for Middlesboro. Middlesboro May be back!

Maybe if he ain't already in Middlesboro I'll try to stop him at Williamsburg :biglmao::biglmao:
Hatz Wrote:Wow. Middlesboro must have made him an offer he couldn't refuse.

He is going to a higher bidder like I said Smile
I heard he also talked to Whitley, so is it Middlesboro or Whitley? Dougie do you have a chance?
if i was guessing it be one of the two Whitley or Middlesboro
Predator/Prey Wrote:I heard he also talked to Whitley, so is it Middlesboro or Whitley? Dougie do you have a chance?

I've never been lucky, but there's always a chance. lol
He found a house in Middlesboro this past weekend.
BellCo18 Wrote:He found a house in Middlesboro this past weekend.

:Clap:
  •  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next