Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CAL 34 Mayfield 26 (2A State Championship)
killbilly usmc Wrote:3a can have them lol.

lol
Proud of our kids, great effort against a great team congrats to cal on a great year,
Quick hitters:

- Milton Wright is an incredible athlete, but Brandt Babin is a FOOTBALL PLAYER. I'm glad he'll get to wreak his havoc on 3A the next two years instead of taking it out on us in 2A.

- Morris has to be one of if not the best coach in the state after halftime. I'm continuously impressed by the adjustments and improvements his teams make after the half. Only game I can remember a team coming out and clearly outplaying them in the second half was Hazard in 2011.
Congratulations CAL, once more no ifs no ands or buts, no woulda coulda or shoulda. CAL is as advertised. Mayfield no need to bow our heads lots of schools would have loved a 14-1 season do better get better and come back strong next year again Congratulations CAL and Mayfield
Congrats to CAL. Congrats to Mayfield on a great season.
killbilly usmc Wrote:3a can have them lol.

Agreed. I don't think I'm going out on too much of a limb by predicting that they'll be better next year. They lose Wright, but that's about it.
Congrats to CAL.

CAL out played Mayfield but the Cards had their chances.
CAL is in the process of building a powerhouse program it appears.
Believe the hype!
RoShamBo Wrote:Agreed. I don't think I'm going out on too much of a limb by predicting that they'll be better next year. They lose Wright, but that's about it.

They got their eyes on their next recruit
cardsfan9051 Wrote:They got their eyes on their next recruit
like your school doesn't. quit whining Confusednicker:

Next student.

^ looks like 55 is having a meltdown. Hopefully he has a designated driver, because he won't be able to see through all the tears and rain.
Congrats to CAL on the title.

Looking forward to Sept 20 of next year when CAL travels to Boyle Co.
cardsfan9051 Wrote:Another great recruiting class CAL. Congratulations. Great season cards. Maybe one day the public schools can either recruit with these private schools or they will put them in their own playoff. Either way hats off to CAL.

We already determined that Mayfield recruits as well. Tired of that over and over again.
Wright may very well have been the best athlete on the field, but I don't think he was the best football player.

CAL was just too much up front on both sides of the ball. #45, those grown men #71 & #75 I believe it was, and #33 were the difference. I actually think MF has the better skill players in total and their QBs are light years ahead of CAL's. CAL is the overall better team. They had a great gameplan and executed it well.

The better team won, but I think the margin between them is much smaller than some here are making it out to be.
To the Mayfield fans ...do you think that Mayfield needs to go out and find a game or two in the regular season where their opponent is as good or better then Cal to help them be more prepared for this match up? I think Cal moves up next year but there is a wood coming!
RAMDAD50 Wrote:To the Mayfield fans ...do you think that Mayfield needs to go out and find a game or two in the regular season where their opponent is as good or better then Cal to help them be more prepared for this match up? I think Cal moves up next year but there is a wood coming!

We schedule teams that have a tradition of being good teams. In the preseason the schedule looks tough, but maybe not as the season plays out. Personally I’d like to see us play some teams out of Bowling Green such as FS, SW or BG. I think football is struggling in far west Kentucky.
RAMDAD50 Wrote:To the Mayfield fans ...do you think that Mayfield needs to go out and find a game or two in the regular season where their opponent is as good or better then Cal to help them be more prepared for this match up? I think Cal moves up next year but there is a wood coming!

If your inferring Beechwood, bringit’.
rookie57 Wrote:If your inferring Beechwood, bringit’.

Like who we gonna schedule as good as Cal, without driving 4 hours
Mayfield and CAL could start a series and meet in Beaver Dam every year
Mayfield always plays the best teams in the area every year. They scheduled Union City, Tn. who was a 2a defending state champion, then played Corbin, who was a tough opponent and Caldwell Co, who's dominated 3a in West Ky. for the past few years., then, they play McCracken, who's the best 6a team in the area with a ton of talent and depth and Tilghman and Graves, both rival games that won't go away anytime soon. I'm not sure you could do much more without traveling 2-3 hours. I would like to see them drop Hop'Town and play a Franklin Simpson, but, they add an extra district game in the new alignment, so, not sure it's very possible. It's not like they're dodging anyone, just some years those teams we play are really good and sometimes just average.
Well I was hoping Mayfield was going to win it, but it wasn't meant to be. Congrats CAL.
rookie57 Wrote:If your inferring Beechwood, bringit’.

If his what is inferring?
pjdoug Wrote:If his what is inferring?

He used the word "wood" in his last sentence. I think he was referring to Beechwood. But I'm not sure.
#55PirateFan Wrote:He used the word "wood" in his last sentence. I think he was referring to Beechwood. But I'm not sure.

Did he also use the words shed or adjustment? :biglmao:
Congratulations to Cal. They were clearly the better team. Major props to the Mayfield QB. He came back in after hurting his shoulder and did a fantastic job.
pjdoug Wrote:Did he also use the words shed or adjustment? :biglmao:

SMH! What are we going to do with you Ol Man? 😂
#55PirateFan Wrote:SMH! What are we going to do with you Ol Man? 😂

I'm gonna be nice. I'm a fan of the Mayfield program, and all their classy fans are on here. The arrogant one is in hiding.
Us fans posting on here for Mayfield may not always be classy but I can tell you the boys that played that came today are! Very proud of them! congratulations to both of these teams for fantastic seasons.
Oh, and CAL can't get to 3A quick enough.