•  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Central 20. Corbin 19
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:Still mad you got cut from the team.

Nope I ain’t

As for the fight.
Central would have wore corbin head out and more. Them Corbin kids don’t wants any of Central kids
2face Wrote:Nope I ain’t

As for the fight.
Central would have wore corbin head out and more. Them Corbin kids don’t wants any of Central kids

Another solid contribution to a discussion from you. Never change.
This really will feel like I'm crushing Haddix and the Hounds coaching staff, but it isn't the case.

I think sometimes what happens is coaches tend to outthink themselves. Corbin was 4th and goal (I think it was second quarter) and went for a Touchdown. I cant hate the call as the Hounds defense had to make Cental march 90+ yards and Corbin's defense is stingy. I still think when points are given you take them. At that point the game would've been 9-0 causing Central to have to score twice to take a lead. Take the points defenses give you in early situations and keep momentum in your favor. It isn't college football, but you watch it and realize why college teams take what's given. Call it conservative if you want, but I call it smart.

You won't convince me that going for 2 at the end of the game was wise and I just can't listen to "if it had it worked, we wouldn't be having this conversation". If my aunt had testicles, shed be my uncle. Take with point. Play for OT because most people (self included) thought Corbin was the better team.

All that said, Haddix and crew have to be doing something right to be playing at Kroger Field and winning like they do. It isn't a fluke as the talent pool and the coaching staff are at a level a lot of teams want to be at. Kudos to a very good Central team for winning it all.
64SUR Wrote:Congratulations Central on win :HitWall: :HitWall: :HitWall: I was looking forward to Mr. longmire getting the ball second half, Oh well, congratulations Corbin on great season, and dang it I woul have went for two also coach :popcorn:

Maybe questionable calls a couple other times, but when Corbin scored the last touchdown. I was saying go for two. go for two.
Hound05 Wrote:I thought he was down before, but it doesn’t matter. The damage is done. I’m not even that mad at that call. I’m mad at the goal line drive before half when they tackled our freaking WR. But refs aren’t machines either. They make mistakes. That’s part of the game. I’m sure they had the best of intentions for everyone.

The commentators went crazy over this one!! They weren't homers either, it was on the KHSAA live feed.
2face Wrote:Nope I ain’t

As for the fight.

Confusedtare:
RoShamBo Wrote:Another solid contribution to a discussion from you. Never change.

That was almost unbelievable. I like to talk trash, but this one has some serious issues.
#55PirateFan Wrote:Have to disagree with you here Granny. "No guts no glory", what's that get you? If they'd got it I still would have said a risky call. I could see this call maybe midseason but not in the championship game. Terrible call and not one a seasoned coach should ever make.

I cannot believe Jack Lambert agreed with you! I'm so disappointed!!

Remember, (God I hate to say this) but the kicker wasn't being consistent. Estep sure was! If you're going to gamble, the state tournament is the format where you don't leave anything. You try everything. I thought it was a gutsy call that just didn't work out.
CowboyDad Wrote:This really will feel like I'm crushing Haddix and the Hounds coaching staff, but it isn't the case.

I think sometimes what happens is coaches tend to outthink themselves. Corbin was 4th and goal (I think it was second quarter) and went for a Touchdown. I cant hate the call as the Hounds defense had to make Cental march 90+ yards and Corbin's defense is stingy. I still think when points are given you take them. At that point the game would've been 9-0 causing Central to have to score twice to take a lead. Take the points defenses give you in early situations and keep momentum in your favor. It isn't college football, but you watch it and realize why college teams take what's given. Call it conservative if you want, but I call it smart.

You won't convince me that going for 2 at the end of the game was wise and I just can't listen to "if it had it worked, we wouldn't be having this conversation". If my aunt had testicles, shed be my uncle. Take with point. Play for OT because most people (self included) thought Corbin was the better team.

All that said, Haddix and crew have to be doing something right to be playing at Kroger Field and winning like they do. It isn't a fluke as the talent pool and the coaching staff are at a level a lot of teams want to be at. Kudos to a very good Central team for winning it all.
Confusednicker:
Heartbreaking loss for Corbin, hate this on here for Superman Hounds5. I was at the game and was told early on that the Corbin holder went down. That said we have several holders and I would think Corbin does too. That was supposedly behind not kicking in first half where the points were left on the field. The decision on the go for the win I can see either way on the conversion but the game ending field goal puzzles me. I saw the fight from my seat on the 50. Here is my take. A Central player runs up on Corbin side and appears to be taunting Corbin from his festers. #55 I believe for Corbin lost it and throws a vicious punch that knocks him down. That is what it looked like to me. While he should not have punched him I couldn’t help but think the Central kid got what he deserved
I would love to see film of the fight but I can't find it.

I'm not very technically sound!!!

Wink
Granny Bear Wrote:Confusednicker:

I laughed at that too :biggrin:
Granny Bear Wrote:I would love to see film of the fight but I can't find it.

I'm not very technically sound!!!

Wink

https://www.wkyt.com/content/sports/Cent...84011.html
Thank you!! Would love to see the 10 seconds leading up to that.
Granny Bear Wrote:Thank you!! Would love to see the 10 seconds leading up to that.

close your eyes and imagine a player skipping through, blowing kisses and running that mouth ,then getting punched in it to bring him back to reality :biglmao:
I saw it from the booth, #10 for Central was blowing kisses at fan and maybe at # 55, #55 dropped him, hit him in the mouth..
I could careless about the game, but you don’t taunt your opponent after a win..
Congrats to Corbin and Pikeville on great seasons and represented the mountains great..
Craze JACKET man Wrote:I saw it from the booth, #10 for Central was blowing kisses at fan and maybe at # 55, #55 dropped him, hit him in the mouth..
I could careless about the game, but you don’t taunt your opponent after a win..
Congrats to Corbin and Pikeville on great seasons and represented the mountains great..

well said.
I have no problem with going for 2. Playing to win it once, when the chance is there. The only question I have is why not kick the field goal when you are up 6-0. Hindsight is 20/20, so it’s easy to second guess after the fact.
Well, on the clip, certainly didn't look like the two pt conv was good, but he may have extended the ball out and broke the plane though, he also fumbled? Glad I'm not a ref.

If Corbin's holder was out and they didn't have a reliable backup, I guess that explains not going for the first half field goals. I still liked going for the win, watching the highlights on WYMT, I would have pitched it to Longmire, that kid can run! I'm a Mike Leach type though, I'm a gambler.

Anyway, congrats to Central, and the Redhounds, great season. Confusedinglepar
It’s a real simple fix for Corbin if they want to win their next state championship since the 1980’s.

They just need to add two more ex-head coaches to their coaching staff. Head of football operations needs to increase their football budget from $250,000 up to $500,000. They need to add 8-10
New uniform variations. Instead of only recruiting all of Whitley, Laurel and Knox Counties, they need to make lay pipeline to Madison, Rockcastle, and Pulaski. Little Dustin Sams Visions needs a bigger video camera and they need to purchase a helicopter for him to shoot from.

These are all very simple fixes IMHO and could help Corbin seal the deal in the years ahead.
cuppett777 Wrote:they may have not tried to kick because of what happened at the end of the game, the ball looked like it didn't go 10 yards on a 44 yd attempt.

Then don't kick at the end. You were inside the 5 twice and didn't and on the 27 and did.
Let’s not go to officiating as any part of this loss Corbin benefited from several holding calls that stopped potential scoring drives if anything Corbin will have to self reflect on why they loss this game they were the better team. Period
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:You cant advance a kick

My understanding is that Central could have but Corbin could only down it not gain possession. Think of it this way, a field goal in high school is like a punt with a chance to make 3 points.
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:Exactly the video shows the fight a third of the way through it, not the whole thing.

I watched it and the first physical contact was 100% Corbin. With that said Central player should never cross field and taunt.
Craze JACKET man Wrote:I saw it from the booth, #10 for Central was blowing kisses at fan and maybe at # 55, #55 dropped him, hit him in the mouth..

#10 for central was the biggest punk on the field. He acted like that the entire game.
He was really the only problem I seen for either team while the game was going on.

He doesn't know when to shut his mouth.
Glory_Days Wrote:My understanding is that Central could have but Corbin could only down it not gain possession. Think of it this way, a field goal in high school is like a punt with a chance to make 3 points.

Bingo.

The offensive team cannot advance a field goal.
Central could have ran it back but the game was over at that point and didnt matter
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Bingo.

The offensive team cannot advance a field goal.
Central could have ran it back but the game was over at that point and didnt matter

Plus the Refs blew the whistle.
I didn't get to watch the game because of work but I've heard their was a lot of questionable calls and calls that should have been called but wasn't and no I'm not a fan of neither team, just stating what I've heard.
Jack Lambert Wrote:If Corbin had attempted two very short field goals in the first half I don’t think we’d be having this discussion. Just like Boyle last week missed opportunities.

I agree with you about kicking the FG especially on 4th and goal at the 5. In all fairness it probably would've been just one attempt. The second goal line failure was set up by a short field (around the 30 yard line) due to the first goal line failure. Central had a 3 and out and a really bad punt. If they kick on the first opportunity, Central's field position would've been better on the kickoff. Time expired on the last play of the second try.

Either way Corbin should've won this game 23-20. KHSAA stats show the kicker was 50-54 on the season with his PATs. He did miss the first one of the game though, so maybe something was ailing him ???

Getting stuffed on 4th and goal at the 5, then 4th and goal at the 1 just before the half...… another reason I felt they shouldn't have gone for the 2pt conversion late in the game.
First of all this is in support of NO team.....From my simple minded prospective, as long as the KHSAA allows politics and the "good ole boy network" to dictate officials especially in state playoff and championship games (All Sports) you are going to see train wrecks like we saw last night, the officials seemed completely out of it more than once.

Because of this political system we'll never really know who "should" have won the 3A 2018 Championship game, it was horribly called both ways, the officials were busy all night overlooking obvious penalties "both sides" and throwing flags trying to make up for a blown calls.

I'll wrap it up my rant on the good ole boy political officiating network with this

"Under no circumstances should a coach assistant or otherwise be allowed to officiate, you will never convince me that a coach officiating a game, will call a straight game when kids he coaches or coaches against is playing the sport he's expected to officiate, it's a major conflict of interest not fair to anyone no matter what team benefits.
  •  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next