Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mayfield vs CAL in 2A Championship
It speaks to our coaching and preparation, not talent. Don’t get me wrong, we have some talented kids but, just look at the DeSales game of 2015 for instance. They had a bigger kid in every single position than our kids lined up across from them, without exception. But, we played with heart, we were well studied and knew almost every play they were going to run by how they lined up. We eventually wore them down and the rest is history. But you had kids much like my own that was undersized for their position by college standards. Mine alone was 5’ 10” and weighed about 170 lbs. He has good speed and very intelligent but, no the size for D1. We have had some D1 talent that for one reason or another either chose not to go further or just couldn’t.
CARDFAN16 Wrote:I would like to rant a little bit here I know this is not the thread for this but, I am unable to start a thread so if this gets removed I understand. I went back and watched the games of CAL on the net and got me wondering why are our kids from Mayfield not be recruited to bigger universities. Year in and year out we beat the Beechwoods, LCA's, Cal's etc and no one has gotten Mayfield's number except for the dreaded admiral's LOL. The highly recruited players come to Mayfield and are shut down. The Harmon kid from Paducah was destroyed by Johnathon Jackson year in and out he goes to KY, Jackson Murray State. I am always told well he is just not the right size. Well this year we have at least three beast of kids that are the right size lets see what happens to them. I realize with a team like Mayfield there are going to be haters because we win alot and like to talk it up just like I despise the Patriots and Packers. But our kids deserve a chance just like all the others from the prestigious schools.

The only time I have ever heard of Mayfield playing LCA was in the 09 championship game and they certainly didn't beat them. Lost 56-19 I believe it was.
Iam4thecats Wrote:The only time I have ever heard of Mayfield playing LCA was in the 09 championship game and they certainly didn't beat them. Lost 56-19 I believe it was.

I apologize you are correct that name just popped into my head as I ranted lol.
That's the game guy had 5 INT and was freezing
CARDFAN16 Wrote:I apologize you are correct that name just popped into my head as I ranted lol.
That's the game guy had 5 INT and was freezing
The card qb had 5 i think, yes. He and the fans may have been freezing but the game time temp was in the low 40's. We were plenty warm on the other side even in the shade.
Date: Dec 05, 2009
Site: BOWLING GREEN, KY
Stadium: HOUCHENS-LT SMITH

Temp: 32/FL 32
Wind: NNW 3
Weather: COLD AND CLEAR
Iam4thecats Wrote:The card qb had 5 i think, yes. He and the fans may have been freezing but the game time temp was in the low 40's. We were plenty warm on the other side even in the shade.
CARDFAN16 Wrote:Date: Dec 05, 2009
Site: BOWLING GREEN, KY
Stadium: HOUCHENS-LT SMITH

Temp: 32/FL 32
Wind: NNW 3
Weather: COLD AND CLEAR

The 59 points must have made me feel warm
LOL Probably did for every Int for me temp dropped 10 degrees
Parents and athletes have to market themselves the college letters generally go to the coaches office and they distribute them to the athlete or trash can
CAL by 28-21
I think the key to beating Cal is stopping # 33, babitt
rookie57 Wrote:I think the key to beating Cal is stopping # 33, babitt

The two things I'm worried about is 33 and that line
Tailback44 Wrote:CAL by 28-21

Someone call the Mod police, the thread has a score violation and we need the mod to delete it and ban the poster :yikes:

Confusednicker:Confusednicker:Confusednicker:
I say u take milton out of the game,an that needs to be the focus, double team him.. eyes on him everyplay .. same game plan as last year.. hold him in check.. once that is done it takes away their greatness... he alone is what gives us fear...the fear of a big play at any moment.. we have already been suspect in that department with kids seeming to getting relaxed an losing assignments an I think this lies in the back of the head of every cardinal fan...without him they are just a avg to good team... you cant let one man beat you.. I think nine of our guys can handle cal defensively.. Conner needs to be his main cover with Neely an Daniel's optioning in.. babbin alone cant beat us but milton possibly can... had he got the touches he should last year in the 21-14 win over cal it coulda been a different story.. I think we all ask the question why his coach didn't give him more touches.. I know I woulda... yes we did cover him pretty good but still, you have that kinda talent you have to use it at any means.. I think that's what cal did last year.. make us take him outta the equation, then try to beat us with the rest of the team... as big an physical as cal is I'm just glad this game is the last one an we are not coming into it beat up an sore like last year... we honestly should have no excuse, everyone is healthy an we are as deep as we were at game one this year..
This is not a knock against CAL at all but just my opinion, which won't even bye you a cup of coffee, is that Mayfield could possibly be the best team in 1 through 5 A they' re that talented and well coached. Not that you'll need it but good luck Cardinals this ole Corbin boy is pulling for you...
Ontopofthewest, I agree with you on some points about milton but babin having the season he has had, it has given them a whole different look. The line scares me because of the size but watching some of games online i noticed that they dont use to many backups. We can wear them down as long as we keep fresh legs in and out of there like we have been. With babin playing the way he has been playing, we have to pick our poison. Is it babin or milton? I think milton is a man amazing player and a man amongst boys but I'm more worried about babin having big runs against our defense. We haven't stopped the run this year like I anticipated we would but I do think we've gotten better at it than we were from the start of the season. Its definitely going to be an interesting game but Its hard to pinpoint there weaknesses other than there offense/defensive line playing both ways most of the game.
ontopofthewest Wrote:I say u take milton out of the game,an that needs to be the focus, double team him.. eyes on him everyplay .. same game plan as last year.. hold him in check.. once that is done it takes away their greatness... he alone is what gives us fear...the fear of a big play at any moment.. we have already been suspect in that department with kids seeming to getting relaxed an losing assignments an I think this lies in the back of the head of every cardinal fan...without him they are just a avg to good team... you cant let one man beat you.. I think nine of our guys can handle cal defensively.. Conner needs to be his main cover with Neely an Daniel's optioning in.. babbin alone cant beat us but milton possibly can... had he got the touches he should last year in the 21-14 win over cal it coulda been a different story.. I think we all ask the question why his coach didn't give him more touches.. I know I woulda... yes we did cover him pretty good but still, you have that kinda talent you have to use it at any means.. I think that's what cal did last year.. make us take him outta the equation, then try to beat us with the rest of the team... as big an physical as cal is I'm just glad this game is the last one an we are not coming into it beat up an sore like last year... we honestly should have no excuse, everyone is healthy an we are as deep as we were at game one this year..

All valid points, I still say wright will get his big plays, we won’t shut Him down, 33 is the key to their offense.
I think this game will be the best of the weekend.

Mayfield 35
Cal 31
ontopofthewest Wrote:I say u take milton out of the game,an that needs to be the focus, double team him.. eyes on him everyplay .. same game plan as last year.. hold him in check.. once that is done it takes away their greatness... he alone is what gives us fear...the fear of a big play at any moment.. we have already been suspect in that department with kids seeming to getting relaxed an losing assignments an I think this lies in the back of the head of every cardinal fan...without him they are just a avg to good team... you cant let one man beat you.. I think nine of our guys can handle cal defensively.. Conner needs to be his main cover with Neely an Daniel's optioning in.. babbin alone cant beat us but milton possibly can... had he got the touches he should last year in the 21-14 win over cal it coulda been a different story.. I think we all ask the question why his coach didn't give him more touches.. I know I woulda... yes we did cover him pretty good but still, you have that kinda talent you have to use it at any means.. I think that's what cal did last year.. make us take him outta the equation, then try to beat us with the rest of the team... as big an physical as cal is I'm just glad this game is the last one an we are not coming into it beat up an sore like last year... we honestly should have no excuse, everyone is healthy an we are as deep as we were at game one this year..

Apparently someone didn’t make the trip the Verona Friday. We had our mlb go out on a running play with ankle injury. We had our safety go out with another injury.
But, both are expected to play and even though they may be a bit banged up, after 14 games, I'd imagine CAL has kids banged up a little themselves. I certainly don't want to make any excuses about hurt players should we lose. This is a team sport and it's next man up if another goes down. Just go out there, give it 100% and let the chips fall where they fall. Injuries happen all the time in this game, just part of it. No different than turnovers, field position, penalties, breakdowns, etc.. All you can ask is the effort to be there and I'm pretty sure both teams will do that.
tcb!!!

#rmr
:Thumbs:
sidelinedoc Wrote:tcb!!!

#rmr
No.. I didn't go.. I was told that they were 100% to play...
An what is tcb?
Tcb???? We can’t talk nowadays, everything has to be just a letter or 2.
ontopofthewest Wrote:An what is tcb?

Take
Care of
Business
sidelinedoc Wrote:Take
Care of
Business

Was really hoping to hook up with some of you rabid ram fans, i was only going to go up early for the 1A game if yall made it. AND to get my ram hat !Smile
sidelinedoc Wrote:take
care of
business

idkwtm
mysonis55 Wrote:Tcb???? We can’t talk nowadays, everything has to be just a letter or 2.

:thatsfunn

Kinda like your IMTU?
sidelinedoc Wrote:Take
Care of
Business

I had thought about that, but was not sure...ha.. now I know
rookie57 Wrote::thatsfunn

Kinda like your IMTU?

I was thinking of a 2 letter response to 55. One was an F and the other was a U but my Christian upbringing wouldn't let me. :popcorn: