Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mayfield vs CAL in 2A Championship
WHO'S NEXT? Wrote:Rain is almost a certainty for Saturday. It's a shame that weather will become a factor in the most important game of the year. :1:
Depending on how big each qb's hands are the rain could go either way benefitting a team.
Both should have plenty of experience with as many rainny Friday nights we have had this year. More this year than I can ever remember.
Does anyone know which side the field the teams will be on want to purchase tickets on line but am not sure if should purchase general admin or other?
CARDFAN16 Wrote:Does anyone know which side the field the teams will be on want to purchase tickets on line but am not sure if should purchase general admin or other?

MF is on same side as last year, we are the visitors. So we are on the North side and will wear white uniforms. The entire visitors side is general admission
CAL has 2 full game videos on Youtube. Etown and C Hardin
Awesome Thanks
So... I remember hearing in paper where Jackson got hurt.. to me this kid could be a game changer in a game like this esp with the size of cals line.. he has proved himself as a bulldozer an extremely hard to bring down.. I wish we woulda used him more throughout the year as a full back giving him more time with the ball.. but I also realize with the weapons we have we really didn't need him all that much... guess what I'm getting at is, does anyone know of his condition an if he will play... I feel like we will need him as a fb an deff at linebacker..
Oh.. an I didn't realize south oldham was considered a great team.... arguable I guess... but ok.. I still feel mayfield played the better slot of teams at the time they were played... no offense to desales (who may have a great team) but they were playing bad ball as of late an the two different types of gameplay definitely favored cal aa it would mayfield.. to me outside of a few key spots these two teams are very similar...both these teams could play each other in a low scoring affair, high scoring, an or both teams have the ability to straight up knock the other team outta it... super excited about watching this one.. this time around.....
I think this is a game that on paper should be a shootout, but I dont think it will end up that way. More like a high octane and very quick game of chess lol.
ontopofthewest Wrote:So... I remember hearing in paper where Jackson got hurt.. to me this kid could be a game changer in a game like this esp with the size of cals line.. he has proved himself as a bulldozer an extremely hard to bring down.. I wish we woulda used him more throughout the year as a full back giving him more time with the ball.. but I also realize with the weapons we have we really didn't need him all that much... guess what I'm getting at is, does anyone know of his condition an if he will play... I feel like we will need him as a fb an deff at linebacker..

Rumored to be ready to go
Good I sure hope so.... feel much more comfortable with him being able to play.. I feel like cal needs a taste...
Jackson is ready to go. I saw him today before practice. Cards are healthy.
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:CAL has 2 full game videos on Youtube. Etown and C Hardin

The CAL-Somerset game is on Lake Cumberland Sports' Facebook page as well.
That makes 4 games that I’ve been able to watch of the Centurions. It will be fun Saturday. I hope the great equalizer, rain, doesn’t interfere.
RoShamBo Wrote:The CAL-Somerset game is on Lake Cumberland Sports' Facebook page as well.

:thanks:
I would like to rant a little bit here I know this is not the thread for this but, I am unable to start a thread so if this gets removed I understand. I went back and watched the games of CAL on the net and got me wondering why are our kids from Mayfield not be recruited to bigger universities. Year in and year out we beat the Beechwoods, LCA's, Cal's etc and no one has gotten Mayfield's number except for the dreaded admiral's LOL. The highly recruited players come to Mayfield and are shut down. The Harmon kid from Paducah was destroyed by Johnathon Jackson year in and out he goes to KY, Jackson Murray State. I am always told well he is just not the right size. Well this year we have at least three beast of kids that are the right size lets see what happens to them. I realize with a team like Mayfield there are going to be haters because we win alot and like to talk it up just like I despise the Patriots and Packers. But our kids deserve a chance just like all the others from the prestigious schools.
Encourage your players to attend camps. A lot of the recruiting takes place at the camps.
It's all about the football camps. If people don't send their kids to these summer camps, where tons of scouts are, they'll never get the notoriety they deserve.
I am sure over the past 50 years our kids have been sent to camps and maybe have had 4 D1 players come from our school and you cant tell me from our history that that is right.
And I am ranting about our school but there are others too as bad as I hate to say it the Vancleve kid from Danville deserved a big school offer as far as I was concerned something is broken and needs to be addressed.
CARDFAN16 Wrote:I am sure over the past 50 years our kids have been sent to camps and maybe have had 4 D1 players come from our school and you cant tell me from our history that that is right.

Does WKU not sign many Mayfield players?
Not to best of my Knowledge
Watched the Somerset and Etown games, hard to get a read but I think we have a punchers chance to be pretty effective on offense
CARDFAN16 Wrote:And I am ranting about our school but there are others too as bad as I hate to say it the Vancleve kid from Danville deserved a big school offer as far as I was concerned something is broken and needs to be addressed.
Wofford is a decent Division 1 school.
CARDFAN16 Wrote:Not to best of my Knowledge

That's sad. I figured they'd load up.
CARDFAN16 Wrote:I would like to rant a little bit here I know this is not the thread for this but, I am unable to start a thread so if this gets removed I understand. I went back and watched the games of CAL on the net and got me wondering why are our kids from Mayfield not be recruited to bigger universities. Year in and year out we beat the Beechwoods, LCA's, Cal's etc and no one has gotten Mayfield's number except for the dreaded admiral's LOL. The highly recruited players come to Mayfield and are shut down. The Harmon kid from Paducah was destroyed by Johnathon Jackson year in and out he goes to KY, Jackson Murray State. I am always told well he is just not the right size. Well this year we have at least three beast of kids that are the right size lets see what happens to them. I realize with a team like Mayfield there are going to be haters because we win alot and like to talk it up just like I despise the Patriots and Packers. But our kids deserve a chance just like all the others from the prestigious schools.

Lets save this for next week. This is not the right place for this discussion but we can do it after this week
Great sorry for hijacking post just watching those videos ticked me off
CARDFAN16 Wrote:I am sure over the past 50 years our kids have been sent to camps and maybe have had 4 D1 players come from our school and you cant tell me from our history that that is right.

I thought there were at least that many from the mid to late 70's teams.

Sometimes High School greatness isn't translated into Big Division 1 Greatness or even Scholarships.

Danville has a very long and storied history but for the life of me I can't recall more than 6 or so Big Time recruits signed to Division 1 Scholarships. I would say Boyle has had as many and our history does not rival the likes of yours or the Admirals. :Thumbs:

If Mayfield's players are good enough to play at that level then something isn't happening. Either the coaches aren't getting their names/film out there enough or the players aren't getting out there and going to camps or something. I'm not saying this to knock any Mayfield players because they might very well be good enough, but just because you are a great TEAM does not necessarily mean that all of your players are D1 talent either. It's not a conspiracy against Mayfield. College coaches want the best players, and they know who Mayfield is, but they have to see those players. Players that don't go to camps put themselves at a major disadvantage.
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:Watched the Somerset and Etown games, hard to get a read but I think we have a punchers chance to be pretty effective on offense

I haven't seen Mayfield so I can't speak to their offense, but we (Somerset) have struggled offensively at times this year. We didn't struggle to move the ball against CAL (350+ yards of offense), we just couldn't punch it in the end zone once we got there. If Mayfield can move the ball with some success, capitalize on their opportunities, and prevent the big plays that killed us, then they should be fine.