Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whitley County Coaching Staff 2019
Chappell is gone.
Got the call friday night

Ill post a new thread once its official.
Should be tomorrow
pjdoug Wrote:Some people like to make excuses . There is absolutely no reason that Whitley County should be a perennial loser to teams such as Bell County and Corbin. Don't even tell me that area has better athletes. The only thing they have that is different is administration and coaching.

That’s pretty spot on Dougie but I’d add support to that, meaning people other than you and parents with kids on the team need to care about the fate of the program. Having said that winning seems to straighten a lot of those issues out good luck to the Colonels I’d love to see them actually do the right thing for the kids!!
chs crazy Wrote:That’s pretty spot on Dougie but I’d add support to that, meaning people other than you and parents with kids on the team need to care about the fate of the program. Having said that winning seems to straighten a lot of those issues out good luck to the Colonels I’d love to see them actually do the right thing for the kids!!

I agree. I would love to finally see them do the right thing too, and I'm hearing some big names. Hopefully they'll buy in and get a good one and leave him alone. Chappell, I still think you're a good man and wish you nothing but the best.
If Whitley fires Chappell it’s nust further proof of why their program will never get any better. He’s a good coach, they didn’t give him a chance or give him enough help. The feeder programs have been a big problem at Whitley, the middle school ran Campbell’s offense for a decade after he was gone, which doesn’t help the kids when they get to the high school. Would love to see them win, but they do the same thing in basketball and change coaches everytime you turn around. The lack of consistency is a huge problem at Whitley.
fridaynightfights Wrote:If Whitley fires Chappell it’s nust further proof of why their program will never get any better. He’s a good coach, they didn’t give him a chance or give him enough help. The feeder programs have been a big problem at Whitley, the middle school ran Campbell’s offense for a decade after he was gone, which doesn’t help the kids when they get to the high school. Would love to see them win, but they do the same thing in basketball and change coaches everytime you turn around. The lack of consistency is a huge problem at Whitley.

No if to it. Maybe he will stick around and stay on the staff Smile
[quote=pjdoug]No if to it. Maybe he will stick around and stay on the staff Smile[/QUOTE

Hopefully he lands in hazard he has ties I was told.
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:[quote=pjdoug]No if to it. Maybe he will stick around and stay on the staff Smile[/QUOTE

Hopefully he lands in hazard he has ties I was told.

I hope he does if that's where he wants to be.
pjdoug Wrote:No if to it. Maybe he will stick around and stay on the staff Smile

That would actually be a big help, but doubt it. Considering Middlesboro is open he may just go back home. But again Whitley in multiple sports just gets rid of coaches everytime you turn around, it’s held them back for a long time and I would imagine creates a perception that keeps big name hires away.
Surely Dudley wouldn't pass up Middlesboro for Whitley
E's Army Wrote:Surely Dudley wouldn't pass up Middlesboro for Whitley

:ChairHit:
Dudley is getting ready to be a major player in 3A with the new alignment. Whitley will end up getting what we call "Dudded" if that's what they are thinking. Chappell to Middlesboro would be great, they are getting ready to be a player in their new district.
fridaynightfights Wrote:That would actually be a big help, but doubt it. Considering Middlesboro is open he may just go back home. But again Whitley in multiple sports just gets rid of coaches everytime you turn around, it’s held them back for a long time and I would imagine creates a perception that keeps big name hires away.
Middlesboro ain't home. Are you from Whitley County?
This is a warning if Chappell goes Williamsburg will load up. Marked it down :phone::phone::phone:
pjdoug Wrote:Middlesboro ain't home. Are you from Whitley County?

I am not, it is home for his wife and kids.
DarthVader Wrote:Dudley is getting ready to be a major player in 3A with the new alignment. Whitley will end up getting what we call "Dudded" if that's what they are thinking. Chappell to Middlesboro would be great, they are getting ready to be a player in their new district.

Money talks and a desperate program that is loaded will give the green. It would be a nice chunk of change to put back and turn a program around on your way out.
fridaynightfights Wrote:I am not, it is home for his wife and kids.

Someone on his staff, told me Friday that he hopes to work with long time friend at Hazard.
From what I'm hearing, the number one target is a former player.
Some may like it. Some may not. If it happens it will definitely cleanse the program of some problem coaches that have held the program back for years including a couple of middle school guys that have no business being at the high school.

Stay tuned
Let the Circus 🎪 Begin! Every team thinks they have to be the champs or they dump the coach.... It’s always the coach, never the kids, parents, or administration....
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:From what I'm hearing, the number one target is a former player.
Some may like it. Some may not. If it happens it will definitely cleanse the program of some problem coaches that have held the program back for years including a couple of middle school guys that have no business being at the high school.

Stay tuned

I can't think of a former player that I'd like to see be the coach. How will it cleanse the program? it sounds like a clique hire of a Campbell disciple. lol
This goes for all the teams looking for the perfect one... Not jus Whitley. But in Whitley case, if they hire a coach and give him full control. Why not jus give it to Chappell. Save your money. Put it into the kids, not a coach.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:From what I'm hearing, the number one target is a former player.

Stay tuned

I have heard three names in the running and his being one. But there have been a couple meetings with the same guy and it is suppose to be a done deal now. The principle pushed for the guy you mentioned, but I don’t see him leaving the program he is with. The other name kinda got cancelled out 4 weeks ago.
bcpc Wrote:Let the Circus 🎪 Begin! Every team thinks they have to be the champs or they dump the coach.... It’s always the coach, never the kids, parents, or administration....

it's you. it's your fault that you get hammered by Rebels and don't want to take responsibility. Go back to Jackson and get on the wagon .:ChairHit:
pjdoug Wrote:I agree. I would love to finally see them do the right thing too, and I'm hearing some big names. Hopefully they'll buy in and get a good one and leave him alone. Chappell, I still think you're a good man and wish you nothing but the best.

Looks like Corbin will be adding another assistant. Now let’s talk who he can bring with him?!

Haha is just kidding. I wish Whitley the best of luck. Hope they get someone outside the “clique” that can do a good job. They’ve got the talent to be successful.
bcpc Wrote:This goes for all the teams looking for the perfect one... Not jus Whitley. But in Whitley case, if they hire a coach and give him full control. Why not jus give it to Chappell. Save your money. Put it into the kids, not a coach.
You slithering snakes getting upset at who Whitley County hires, and hoping they remain in mediocrity are like China calling for a U.S weapons ban.
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:I have heard three names in the running and his being one. But there have been a couple meetings with the same guy and it is suppose to be a done deal now. The principle pushed for the guy you mentioned, but I don’t see him leaving the program he is with. The other name kinda got cancelled out 4 weeks ago.
it's comical, but a shame that the clique keeps everything a big secret.
Hound05 Wrote:Looks like Corbin will be adding another assistant. Now let’s talk who he can bring with him?!

Haha is just kidding. I wish Whitley the best of luck. Hope they get someone outside the “clique” that can do a good job. They’ve got the talent to be successful.

:HitWall:
pJ is never gonna be happy with the Hounds spanking him... Jus join us PJ! We got room on the wagon!! We can make barbecue up here too ya know.
I could care less who Whitley hires PJ. All I’m saying is, there are very few people that are better than the guy they got. Jus give him a lil yank and save the money. Get ya a good coordinator.. Get a chrome helmet or something... Smile
pjdoug Wrote:it's comical, but a shame that the clique keeps everything a big secret.

Its not a secret pj........just took a little longer getting out of school Confusedhh:
pjdoug Wrote:it's comical, but a shame that the clique keeps everything a big secret.

Lord knows I am not in the clique. But if they don’t make a good hire we (Corbin) and Herron at Williamsburg will need to order some more uniforms for sure.