•  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry @ Pikeville 9/14
jetpilot Wrote:And right on cue you prove him right. Like we didn't already know lol.Confusednicker:
:truestory:
I would respect jet pilot so much more if he’d actually tell who he is.
I am pretty sure I know, but is it 10 state championships and 20 title game appearances between the two? That is, KHSAA recognized ones.
PHSForever Wrote:You have a reading problem? Lol. I said in my post I don't care if anyone transfers to any school as long as the rules are followed. Kids from WV wanna cross the Tug? Can't blame them, joining a great program, and best of luck as long as the rules are followed. Being realistic, since a Belfry fan brought it up, how many starters are from WV on the Belfry roster? And remember, I DONT CARE AS LONG AS RULES ARE FOLLOWED. So I won't use any info to hammer y'all or make this all about "recruiting". Simple and honest question.
crickets
bucslover68 Wrote:I am pretty sure I know, but is it 10 state championships and 20 title game appearances between the two? That is, KHSAA recognized ones.

How many West Virginians? Can you count that high? lol
bucslover68 Wrote:I am pretty sure I know, but is it 10 state championships and 20 title game appearances between the two? That is, KHSAA recognized ones.
Pikeville has 7 total title game appearances. 4 championships and 3 runner ups (72, 79, and 91). Belfry has 13 appearances, 6 championships and 7 runner ups. Two of theirs were 2A. Pikeville has 1 2A runner up rest of the appearances were 1A.
AngryMob Wrote:I would respect jet pilot so much more if he’d actually tell who he is.

Would ye?
jetpilot Wrote:^^^Please consult all the different ratings and get back to me!!!! They beat Waggener (#7 in 3a Cantrall) and a 3A team from Indiana. Yes they are not as good but they are 6th in 2A calpreps and would be 3rd in Class A. So not as good but certainly no slouch vs. small schools.

Let's see where they are at the end of the year. They won't be that high up in any legitimate ranking.
Hatz Wrote:Let's see where they are at the end of the year. They won't be that high up in any legitimate ranking.

So your opinion is different than what the facts are now. If you would have just said that from the beginning you could have saved us some typing.:biggrin:
It will be a great game but I think Pikeville will come out one top by 2 touchdowns. 36-21
Hatz Wrote:Let's see where they are at the end of the year. They won't be that high up in any legitimate ranking.

Are their any legitimate rankings except for who is the champs, which is all that matters I guess but I have seen some good arguments on who is #2
jetpilot Wrote:So your opinion is different than what the facts are now. If you would have just said that from the beginning you could have saved us some typing.:biggrin:

:biglmao:
Going to be a dandy. Whoever wins the TO margin wins the game.
I guess I'll put my two cents worth in since all the nonsense has slowed down. I've said all year that this game worries the heck out of me. Why? Because Pikeville has some football players! I think this is one of their better teams in the last decade. Couple of points:

Offense: I don't think theres anyway the Panthers can stop us from scoring a bunch of points. Our O-Line is one of the best in the state and our QB and RB's are pretty dang good. Oh yeah, in case you don't know, Avery Browning is a pretty good passer as well when Heywood let's him loose! With that said, I dont think we'll stop Pikeville alot either. They have a good QB and some good receivers and they can flat out play catch. Should be some points scored Friday night.

Defense: Like I said above, I just dont think Pikeville can slow down our run game and you might see a Belfry pass or two that catches them off guard for a couple big gains. As far as our defense, it's a working progress. Our D-Line has to be better at getting pressure on the QB or he'll pick us apart. I think Pikeville's success will come with the deep ball. I dont see them having alot of success with short slants or screens because our DE's and LB's will shut that down real quick. Like I said, IMO, theyll have success because the QB will have time in the pocket and the receivers will have time to get open down field.

Finally, I think Belfry wins this game 41-28. I think the Pirates will wear their defense down and I think heading into the 4th Qtr our D-Line will start getting some pressure on the QB. BUT, if Belfry brings anything less than their 100% A-Game and take the Panthers lightly then my score prediction could easily be flipped around in favor of the Panthers. Hope all goes well Friday night with all the kids staying healthy and respect one another and play a heck of a game and have fun. I'm a Pikeville fan all year except for this one game. I hope the Pirates win but I also hope this is the only loss the Panthers suffer the rest of the season and they win it all. Good luck and God bless.
#55PirateFan Wrote:I guess I'll put my two cents worth in since all the nonsense has slowed down. I've said all year that this game worries the heck out of me. Why? Because Pikeville has some football players! I think this is one of their better teams in the last decade. Couple of points:

Offense: I don't think theres anyway the Panthers can stop us from scoring a bunch of points. Our O-Line is one of the best in the state and our QB and RB's are pretty dang good. Oh yeah, in case you don't know, Avery Browning is a pretty good passer as well when Heywood let's him loose! With that said, I dont think we'll stop Pikeville alot either. They have a good QB and some good receivers and they can flat out play catch. Should be some points scored Friday night.

Defense: Like I said above, I just dont think Pikeville can slow down our run game and you might see a Belfry pass or two that catches them off guard for a couple big gains. As far as our defense, it's a working progress. Our D-Line has to be better at getting pressure on the QB or he'll pick us apart. I think Pikeville's success will come with the deep ball. I dont see them having alot of success with short slants or screens because our DE's and LB's will shut that down real quick. Like I said, IMO, theyll have success because the QB will have time in the pocket and the receivers will have time to get open down field.

Finally, I think Belfry wins this game 41-28. I think the Pirates will wear their defense down and I think heading into the 4th Qtr our D-Line will start getting some pressure on the QB. BUT, if Belfry brings anything less than their 100% A-Game and take the Panthers lightly then my score prediction could easily be flipped around in favor of the Panthers. Hope all goes well Friday night with all the kids staying healthy and respect one another and play a heck of a game and have fun. I'm a Pikeville fan all year except for this one game. I hope the Pirates win but I also hope this is the only loss the Panthers suffer the rest of the season and they win it all. Good luck and God bless.

If-now that’s a big if- Pikeville can allow the QB time to set up, let the WR’s move around in the secondary and keep their timing, Pikeville will give themselves a chance. But if the Dline and those backers penatrate and chase him all night it won’t matter. They might break one or two lose when coverage breaks down. But it’s hard to be accurate when running for your life. Turnovers will result from it. To me it’s belfrys to lose, and they might. I certainly don’t know hah. But the key for Pikeville is the Oline and buying time for the QB to get the ball off on crisp routes. Because I don’t see Pikeville running at all on the pirates.
#55PirateFan Wrote:I guess I'll put my two cents worth in since all the nonsense has slowed down. I've said all year that this game worries the heck out of me. Why? Because Pikeville has some football players! I think this is one of their better teams in the last decade. Couple of points:

Actually I thought this tread was dead but thank you #55PiaterFan for bringing it back. You know I have to agree with everything you said. If Pikeville don’t slow down and stop it on some possession the Belfry offense they are in for along night. Pikeville does have a lot of playmakers and if they don’t use them all and play their best game of the year it still wont be good. I have thought about this game and how it could turn out but I could see a bunch of ways it goes. My thinking has nothing to do with what actually happens just an old man loving football. The only difference between me and you is the only game I want Belfry to lose and hope they win all the rest. I hope Belfry wins it all but they have some stiff competition and hope someway this game helps them improve in some way to help them down the road. The same goes for Pikeville if this helps them down the road to get to what their goals are then their might be a loser by score in this game but in reality is their a loser. Hope for an injury free game for both teams but as always GO PANTHERS!!!
Hound05 Wrote:If-now that’s a big if- Pikeville can allow the QB time to set up, let the WR’s move around in the secondary and keep their timing, Pikeville will give themselves a chance. But if the Dline and those backers penatrate and chase him all night it won’t matter. They might break one or two lose when coverage breaks down. But it’s hard to be accurate when running for your life. Turnovers will result from it. To me it’s belfrys to lose, and they might. I certainly don’t know hah. But the key for Pikeville is the Oline and buying time for the QB to get the ball off on crisp routes. Because I don’t see Pikeville running at all on the pirates.

What do you know about football your from Corbin, just kidding Hound05 most of what you said is true but if the outside linebackers come they better get to Pikeville’s quaterback if they don’t I see long possessions for Pikeville. Now to me that’s the key can Pikeville maintain long possessions. They will run the ball just to keep the defense honest and I could see them having some good plays but not enough to sustain a drive. All my opinion like I said have thought about different ways it comes out but we will see. But as always GO PANTHERS!!!
After thinking more on this game, there is no reason Pikeville can't win. Not saying they will win, just no reason why they can't. Put another way, I believe Pikeville has all the pieces to play with Belfry tooth and nail.
jetpilot Wrote:After thinking more on this game, there is no reason Pikeville can't win. Not saying they will win, just no reason why they can't. Put another way, I believe Pikeville has all the pieces to play with Belfry tooth and nail.

Pikeville absolutely can win this game. And news flash, it wouldn't be an upset either in my opinion. I believe their that good.
Patriot1 Wrote:What do you know about football your from Corbin, just kidding Hound05 most of what you said is true but if the outside linebackers come they better get to Pikeville’s quaterback if they don’t I see long possessions for Pikeville. Now to me that’s the key can Pikeville maintain long possessions. They will run the ball just to keep the defense honest and I could see them having some good plays but not enough to sustain a drive. All my opinion like I said have thought about different ways it comes out but we will see. But as always GO PANTHERS!!!

Our LB's better stay at home or Pikeville will have that short passing option and the long ball and pick us apart. We better stay in zone and just let it play out.
Highlights from 2015:

Panther Thunder's videos are 10x superior to this. Posted this to show how loud the stadium will be tomorrow.
2 points: Belfry's O & D lines this year aren't as good as the 2015 lines.
Also, you hear about Belfry fans all the time, more Pikeville fans at the 2015 game than Belfry fans.
Should be a good one tomorrow night.
Patriot1 Wrote:Actually I thought this tread was dead but thank you #55PiaterFan for bringing it back. You know I have to agree with everything you said. If Pikeville don’t slow down and stop it on some possession the Belfry offense they are in for along night. Pikeville does have a lot of playmakers and if they don’t use them all and play their best game of the year it still wont be good. I have thought about this game and how it could turn out but I could see a bunch of ways it goes. My thinking has nothing to do with what actually happens just an old man loving football. The only difference between me and you is the only game I want Belfry to lose and hope they win all the rest. I hope Belfry wins it all but they have some stiff competition and hope someway this game helps them improve in some way to help them down the road. The same goes for Pikeville if this helps them down the road to get to what their goals are then their might be a loser by score in this game but in reality is their a loser. Hope for an injury free game for both teams but as always GO PANTHERS!!!

This thread got crazy! That's why I just waited before saying anything. Either team can win this game, and that's a fact brother.
Hound05 Wrote:If-now that’s a big if- Pikeville can allow the QB time to set up, let the WR’s move around in the secondary and keep their timing, Pikeville will give themselves a chance. But if the Dline and those backers penatrate and chase him all night it won’t matter. They might break one or two lose when coverage breaks down. But it’s hard to be accurate when running for your life. Turnovers will result from it. To me it’s belfrys to lose, and they might. I certainly don’t know hah. But the key for Pikeville is the Oline and buying time for the QB to get the ball off on crisp routes. Because I don’t see Pikeville running at all on the pirates.

I'll be honest Hound, this game has a Louisville Central feel to me my friend. Passing teams have always lit us up. I hope I'm dead wrong about the Central feeling, but if Pikeville jumps on is quick I'm afraid it might get ugly.
#55PirateFan Wrote:This thread got crazy! That's why I just waited before saying anything. Either team can win this game, and that's a fact brother.

Always enjoy reading most posts on here but you and a few more are respectful and just talk situations which I like but after this week we will be on the same page the rest of the year good luck and God bless this young men and hope for a good game
jetpilot Wrote:Highlights from 2015:

Panther Thunder's videos are 10x superior to this. Posted this to show how loud the stadium will be tomorrow.
Also, you hear about Belfry fans all the time, more Pikeville fans at the 2015 game than Belfry fans.

Your right, our lines are not what they were in 2015. Our O-Line then was a once in a lifetime high school line. But I'll tell you this, this line we have now is one of the better ones weve had in along time, not counting that one.
Patriot1 Wrote:Always enjoy reading most posts on here but you and a few more are respectful and just talk situations which I like but after this week we will be on the same page the rest of the year good luck and God bless this young men and hope for a good game

Appreciate that my friend. And I agree, after Friday night we'll be on the same page. Lol
Glad to see the thread has calmed down some.

I’ve seen Belfry in person and Pikeville on tape. First off I will say this about the the Belfry offensive and defensive lines, they are very good. No they aren’t like the 2015 team and there aren’t many teams that ever have a line like that.
But don’t doubt their line play because they are strong. I agree with screens and short passes being stopped by the Belfry defense but i do think Pikeville may break 1 or 2. Belfry swarms the ball very well and closes those running lanes up. Deep intermediate passes from about 10-25 yards is where I think Pikeville will have success. They got those big playmakers at Wideout so let them go up and get the ball.

For Pikeville to win this game to me they will have to get Zach Roberts going.. kid doesn’t have the usual stats as of last year but he has not been used as much as last year.

I wish Wymt would show this game so I could watch. Pikeville has overwhelmed each teams offensive lines in their first 3 games. The belfry o-line should test their defensive line. If this was to be on tv, I would be watching to see how those Pikeville defensive end close and push those tackles around for Belfry. If Pikeville can push those tackles around then I say they have a chance at the win. But if they don’t then they will take their first loss on the season.
jetpilot Wrote:Highlights from 2015:

That's 2014 actually.

Here's 2015:

Going to be a great one. Nothing to be said that hasn't already been said. Hopefully everyone on both sides leaves the field injury free and both teams can springboard off this for deep runs into November.

Nothing but respect for this Pikeville team and Coach Mac. Belfry better bring their A-game cause the Panthers can play.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:That's 2014 actually.

Here's 2015:

Going to be a great one. Nothing to be said that hasn't already been said. Hopefully everyone on both sides leaves the field injury free and both teams can springboard off this for deep runs into November.

Nothing but respect for this Pikeville team and Coach Mac. Belfry better bring their A-game cause the Panthers can play.

They sure can play. I think sometimes we get caught up in what class a team is in. Just because Belfry is 3A we think they should kill the 1A Panthers. I know sometimes you can judge that way but not always. Not in this case or the games that Beechwood/Corbin have had the last couple of years. That Beechwood win for Corbin was big in my opinion. I don't care if they were just 1A. That was a good football team they beat. As well, last year when Corbin lost the game, to me that was not a bad loss. Corbin made it all the way to the finals. Beechwood was just good no matter the class. I think the same about this Pikeville team. To hell with what class their in, their just a damn good football team, period.
#55PirateFan Wrote:They sure can play. I think sometimes we get caught up in what class a team is in. Just because Belfry is 3A we think they should kill the 1A Panthers. I know sometimes you can judge that way but not always. Not in this case or the games that Beechwood/Corbin have had the last couple of years. That Beechwood win for Corbin was big in my opinion. I don't care if they were just 1A. That was a good football team they beat. As well, last year when Corbin lost the game, to me that was not a bad loss. Corbin made it all the way to the finals. Beechwood was just good no matter the class. I think the same about this Pikeville team. To hell with what class their in, their just a damn good football team, period.

I’ve said that for a long time. When you get in upper echelon teams, classes are useless. A 1A school can dress as many kids as a 6A. Now average run of the mill teams I think it matters. Because the athletes they do have are pulled from a larger pool.
  •  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next