•  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry @ Pikeville 9/14
Pikeville has a very powerful offense and with the way that Roberts is playing right now i don't see them getting beat, but their defense has to play if they want the W.
jetpilot Wrote:Calpreps overall rankings:
Pikeville #20, LCA #48, Paintsville #73
Belfry #24, NCC #81, Bryan Station #108

That's just further evidence that high school football, overall, is down this year in Kentucky.

The divide between the Have's and the Have Not's in each class isn't a small crack....its a chasm.
pjdoug Wrote:Maybe she can get acclimated to the pole.

Surely we can find someone better looking...😜
COACHITALL Wrote:You boys are clueless! Jetpileofit HailPukeville and Pjdog keep hating on the Best football Program in the Mountains for years past and years to come. You hate us because you ain’t us.😘

I have the utmost respect for Belfry. Always have and always will. You don’t have respect for anyone and that’s a sad existence...I’m not jealous of you, I pity you...
Not sure about years to come but since 03 I would have to agree with that.
Talking about ratings to me (my opinion) don’t mean anything. Where a team is in the end means it all. Said this before most coaches at least the ones I have talk to just wants their teams to improve each week and get to their goals now if that’s to be rated high then more power to them. The good teams I bet their goal is to get to Lexington and win the championship. That’s just the way I feel but as always GO PANTHERS!!!
I think it’s either going to be a blowout by Belfry like 41-7 or Pikeville is gonna win by a point or 2. There is no in between. Haha
IMO, this is the most evenly matched these two teams have been going into this game in quite a while. I still think Belfry is the favorite, but we shall see.
Can the West Virginians beat the Big Sandy area all stars?

I mean, you hear country roads every time Belfry plays but nobody mentions the Panthers and their 10 starters from somewhere else. I guess it’s diff bc it’s not WV (even tho Shelby Valley is a lot farther from PHS than Williamson to Belfry)
With that said, it’ll be a fun. Not sure Belfry can stop them.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:I have the utmost respect for Belfry. Always have and always will. You don’t have respect for anyone and that’s a sad existence...I’m not jealous of you, I pity you...

Now you’ve gone and hurt my feelings lol, thanks for the pity
AngryMob Wrote:Can the West Virginians beat the Big Sandy area all stars?

I mean, you hear country roads every time Belfry plays but nobody mentions the Panthers and their 10 starters from somewhere else. I guess it’s diff bc it’s not WV (even tho Shelby Valley is a lot farther from PHS than Williamson to Belfry)

Who does Pikeville have from SV? I know there’s a freashmen their but not a varsity player that I can remember. Other than the one Roberts kid from Floyd county that’s been their a couple years being a varsity starter I haven’t seen any other transfers playing a lot on the field. I guess what I’m asking is did you come up with that 10 rectally?
AngryMob Wrote:Can the West Virginians beat the Big Sandy area all stars?

Let's go down thru the list of starters at Pikeville, shall we?

Connor Roberts, QB. Been at Pikeville his entire life, except the year or two his dad coached at Shelby Valley.

Zack Roberts, RB. Transfer in 2016 from Prestonsburg. And honestly, no one blames him for leaving there. Lol

Jackson Mullins, LT. Been at Pikeville his entire life

Brandon Pruitt, G. (Senior) Been at Pikeville 2 years, mother moved here for work from Ohio.

Cade Slater, C. (Junior) Been at Pikeville his entire life.

Bradyn Hunter, G. (Senior)Been at Pikeville his entire life.

Matt Compton, RT. been at Pikeville his entire life.

Jackson Hensley, WR. Been at Pikeville his entire life.

Christian Billiter, WR. Been at Pikeville his entire life.

Seth Pugh, WR. (Junior) been at Pikeville his entire life.

JT Orem. (Senior) Transfer,meet here since his mother was hired as the Head Girls BB coach 2 years ago.

Kyle Watkins WR/DB. (Senior) Transfer from Betsy Layne in 2016.

Defense:

Jesse Sparks, DE/FB. (Senior)Been here since 2015, father moved here for work from Rowan County.

Bradyn Hunter, DT. (Senior)See above

Brandon Pruitt, DT/ NG. (Senior) See above.

Jackson Mullins, DE/DT. See above.

Kaden Caudill, LB.(junior) been at Pikeville his entire life.

Connor Wright, LB. (junior)been at Pikeville his entire life.

Jon Collum, LB/DE. (Junior). Been at Pikeville since 2016, transfer with his older brother from Betsy Layne.

Christian Billiter, DB/WR. (Senior)See above

Seth Pugh, DB/WR.(junior) See above.

Jackson Mullins, DB/WR. (Junior) See above

Brody Birchfield, LB/DE/DB. (Junior) Been at Pikeville his entire life

Typical first reserves off the top of my head (I may miss some, just ones immediately come to mind)

Campbell Dawahare, DB (senior) been at Pikeville his entire life.

Zach Akers DT/OT (Senior). Been at Pikeville his entire life.

Lamar Akonure DT/NG (Senior). Exchange student, transferred from Pike Central last year.

Brock Runyon, OL/DL (senior). Been at Pikeville his entire life.

Brad Bevins, OL/DL (senior). Been at Pikeville his entire life.

Byron Hammonds, WR/DL (Senior) transfer from Betsy Layne

While some I've put as "been here their entire life" MAY have transferred way back in elementary school, it was well before the could have in any way been a known commodity in sports. So I don't care that Belfry has people from WV. As long as the rules are followed, more power to them, same for Pikeville or any other school. It's all fun and games with the "Big Sandy All Stars vs the WV All Stars", but it's a tired argument both ways. Lol
PHSForever Wrote:Let's go down thru the list of starters at Pikeville, shall we?

Connor Roberts, QB. Been at Pikeville his entire life, except the year or two his dad coached at Shelby Valley.

Zack Roberts, RB. Transfer in 2016 from Prestonsburg. And honestly, no one blames him for leaving there. Lol

Jackson Mullins, LT. Been at Pikeville his entire life

Brandon Pruitt, G. (Senior) Been at Pikeville 2 years, mother moved here for work from Ohio.

Cade Slater, C. (Junior) Been at Pikeville his entire life.

Bradyn Hunter, G. (Senior)Been at Pikeville his entire life.

Matt Compton, RT. been at Pikeville his entire life.

Jackson Hensley, WR. Been at Pikeville his entire life.

Christian Billiter, WR. Been at Pikeville his entire life.

Seth Pugh, WR. (Junior) been at Pikeville his entire life.

JT Orem. (Senior) Transfer,meet here since his mother was hired as the Head Girls BB coach 2 years ago.

Kyle Watkins WR/DB. (Senior) Transfer from Betsy Layne in 2016.

Defense:

Jesse Sparks, DE/FB. (Senior)Been here since 2015, father moved here for work from Rowan County.

Bradyn Hunter, DT. (Senior)See above

Brandon Pruitt, DT/ NG. (Senior) See above.

Jackson Mullins, DE/DT. See above.

Kaden Caudill, LB.(junior) been at Pikeville his entire life.

Connor Wright, LB. (junior)been at Pikeville his entire life.

Jon Collum, LB/DE. (Junior). Been at Pikeville since 2016, transfer with his older brother from Betsy Layne.

Christian Billiter, DB/WR. (Senior)See above

Seth Pugh, DB/WR.(junior) See above.

Jackson Mullins, DB/WR. (Junior) See above

Brody Birchfield, LB/DE/DB. (Junior) Been at Pikeville his entire life

Typical first reserves off the top of my head (I may miss some, just ones immediately come to mind)

Campbell Dawahare, DB (senior) been at Pikeville his entire life.

Zach Akers DT/OT (Senior). Been at Pikeville his entire life.

Lamar Akonure DT/NG (Senior). Exchange student, transferred from Pike Central last year.

Brock Runyon, OL/DL (senior). Been at Pikeville his entire life.

Brad Bevins, OL/DL (senior). Been at Pikeville his entire life.

Byron Hammonds, WR/DL (Senior) transfer from Betsy Layne

While some I've put as "been here their entire life" MAY have transferred way back in elementary school, it was well before the could have in any way been a known commodity in sports. So I don't care that Belfry has people from WV. As long as the rules are followed, more power to them, same for Pikeville or any other school. It's all fun and games with the "Big Sandy All Stars vs the WV All Stars", but it's a tired argument both ways. Lol

How about them Bobcats!
Yeah really. This post just backs the statement about transfer up lol
It’s ok to players from somewhere else unless you cross a river
Belfry fan 75 Wrote:Yeah really. This post just backs the statement about transfer up lol
It’s ok to players from somewhere else unless you cross a river
You have a reading problem? Lol. I said in my post I don't care if anyone transfers to any school as long as the rules are followed. Kids from WV wanna cross the Tug? Can't blame them, joining a great program, and best of luck as long as the rules are followed. Being realistic, since a Belfry fan brought it up, how many starters are from WV on the Belfry roster? And remember, I DONT CARE AS LONG AS RULES ARE FOLLOWED. So I won't use any info to hammer y'all or make this all about "recruiting". Simple and honest question.
If we keep talking about transfers like we don’t care we’re going to attract Paintsville fans posting business cards
AngryMob Wrote:If we keep talking about transfers like we don’t care we’re going to attract Paintsville fans posting business cards
Ooooh, this is a Pikeville-Belfry thread. Let’s not drag the neighborhood down. Lol
PHSForever Wrote:Ooooh, this is a Pikeville-Belfry thread. Let’s not drag the neighborhood down. Lol

At least we have some integrity
AngryMob Wrote:At least we have some integrity

Your right there are people in Paintsville that has integrity but not all just like ever other place in the state. It takes all kinds to make a world
Patriot1 Wrote:Your right there are people in Paintsville that has integrity but not all just like ever other place in the state. It takes all kinds to make a world

Just clowning around
COACHITALL Wrote:Now you’ve gone and hurt my feelings lol, thanks for the pity

Truth hurts...
PHSForever Wrote:You have a reading problem? Lol. I said in my post I don't care if anyone transfers to any school as long as the rules are followed. Kids from WV wanna cross the Tug? Can't blame them, joining a great program, and best of luck as long as the rules are followed. Being realistic, since a Belfry fan brought it up, how many starters are from WV on the Belfry roster? And remember, I DONT CARE AS LONG AS RULES ARE FOLLOWED. So I won't use any info to hammer y'all or make this all about "recruiting". Simple and honest question.

I don’t think he actually meant you per se....I believe they were just venting over the constant remarks about WVa Kids. I’m with you. I see no issue with kids transferring. As long as rules are being followed
“If you got hate in your heart, let it out!”
Hound05 Wrote:“If you got hate in your heart, let it out!”

You not getting in on the recruiting conversation, PJDoug lurks on all threads
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Surely we can find someone better looking...😜

Confusednicker:
Hound05 Wrote:“If you got hate in your heart, let it out!”
I'm trying.
Patriot1 Wrote:You not getting in on the recruiting conversation, PJDoug lurks on all threads

You guys take all the fun away!! Hah😂
AngryMob Wrote:If we keep talking about transfers like we don’t care we’re going to attract Paintsville fans posting business cards

You rang!?

Belfry and Pikeville calling out a school for getting transfers... wow is it getting deep in here
COACHITALL Wrote:Now you’ve gone and hurt my feelings lol, thanks for the pity

And right on cue you prove him right. Like we didn't already know lol.Confusednicker:
  •  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next