•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville @ Pikeville
Pikeville by 21
jetpilot Wrote:Saw Paintsville last week, they couldn't tackle my grandma!:biggrin:

She wears combat boots.
jetpilot Wrote:Hopefully you guys don't bet!:biggrin:

I'm not much of a gambler.
pjdoug Wrote:I'm not much of a gambler.

That's good if you don't even know what direction they run!:igiveup:
jetpilot Wrote:Hopefully you guys don't bet!:biggrin:

I have all my life some days good some days bad but over all probably lost a bundle
pjdoug Wrote:I'm not much of a gambler.

I don’t know how much of a gambler you are, but you need to read the Belfry thread said that you were converting to a Pirate fan
Panther Pride Wrote:I’m curious as to How many Starters Returned to this Years Panther Team ?
All but one senior who graduated. Other senior who graduated was not a starter. So literally 10 of 11 on both sides of the ball returned.
Pikeville with the beat down this week. Bad night for the Black Golden Tigers.
i never said Paintsville didnt have ne playmakers. they just havent had anyone emerge as THE guy that they have had in the past.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:i never said Paintsville didnt have ne playmakers. they just havent had anyone emerge as THE guy that they have had in the past.

Scotty, I have read a lot of your posts on BGR and they are usually good and fair, I don’t know why he took it that way but I can remember last year at this time what Pikeville was going threw with a lot of changes to the team threw graduation and the quarterback out with an injury and never came back. It’s tuff but Paintsville has a lot of good athletes and will be a challenge for them but I for one don’t doubt they are a good team and will be better at the end year and are going to be hard to beat now and even harder later. So good luck to all the beast in the east and hope for an injury free year for all but as always GO PANTHERS!!!
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:i never said Paintsville didnt have ne playmakers. they just havent had anyone emerge as THE guy that they have had in the past.
Exactly. I thought you were fair with your assessment. Doesn't mean it won't happen or that Pikeville WILL win, but you were just being honest with what you've seen so far. I think it may have been a Tiger fan reading too much into it.

Respect to the Tigers for the hard work they've put into rebuilding their program. They've come a long way in a few short years and are always tough competitors. That being said, I DO wish some of the old guys would get back on here so we could banter again. Lol
Ballbuster Wrote:Pikeville with the beat down this week. Bad night for the Black Golden Tigers.
I'm gonna guess that's a reference to transfers from Pburg and Johnson Central? Lol
PHSForever Wrote:I'm gonna guess that's a reference to transfers from Pburg and Johnson Central? Lol

Of course it is.Left off whatever mascot LCA is... if you are gonna troll at least be good at it.

Y'all need to learn that I use sarcasm and may have twisted Scott's word just a hair.
2000PHS Wrote:Of course it is.Left off whatever mascot LCA is... if you are gonna troll at least be good at it.

Y'all need to learn that I use sarcasm and may have twisted Scott's word just a hair.

2000PHS I made a comment about Christian one of Paintsville outstanding linebackers about he getting a offer to play college football and have watched since he freshman year and he is an outstanding young man and football player and he deserves but you didn’t acknowledge but that’s ok you might not have read it but what I said I believe good luck to him on what ever he does,but as always GO PANTHERS!!!
Pikeville definite favorite going into this one in September & expect them to win but if they match up in November expect to see Tigers be more improved team and knock the Panthers out of playoffs when it really counts. Have to put Pikeville & Raceland at top of the east but Hazard & Paintsville very well may decide team that matches up with Beechwood.
doubledown Wrote:Pikeville definite favorite going into this one in September & expect them to win but if they match up in November expect to see Tigers be more improved team and knock the Panthers out of playoffs when it really counts. Have to put Pikeville & Raceland at top of the east but Hazard & Paintsville very well may decide team that matches up with Beechwood.

No doubt Paintsville will be better in Nov; they should be. But have you considered Pikeville will be better too ? As good as the Panthers are now, i'd think that would put them a little ahead of Paintsville at that time. Let's just see how the season plays out.
I have read ever post on this thread and me being a Panther fan I know I am somewhat biased as I should be and anyone should be for them team. Now do I think Pikeville can win yes I do, will they that is to be seen. I don’t care what Paintsville did last week or yesterday for that matter last year they put a whipping on Pikeville and for everyone I know that was last year and Pikeville is way above where they were last year. If they go into this game with a good mine set and know they have work to do they can win but if they come and don’t respect this Paintsville team they can get beat. My opinion only but as always GO PANTHERS!!!
PHS DYNASTY Wrote:No doubt Paintsville will be better in Nov; they should be. But have you considered Pikeville will be better too ? As good as the Panthers are now, i'd think that would put them a little ahead of Paintsville at that time. Let's just see how the season plays out.

It is really hard to beat good teams twice. See 2014 and 2015.

Paintsville and Raceland have those battles and so does Pikeville and Hazard.

However, this year Pikeville has the '85 Bears defense and the 2001 Rams offense. 😄
2000PHS Wrote:It is really hard to beat good teams twice. See 2014 and 2015.

However, this year Pikeville has the '85 Bears defense and the 2001 Rams offense. 😄

That’s funny and I wish

Why, thank you !:biggrin:
Just 4 pages. I miss these 8-10 pages days
This might still erupt into an 8-10 pager. But my money is on the thread AFTER the game getting up in that range. Lol. Both team fan bases know they have not yet played top flight competition in their same weight class. Let's face it, Harlan, Covington Holy Cross, and Estill are the undercard's undercard. Even Frederick Douglas, while a very very good 6A school, is likely gonna be chum for a Trinity or St. X, etc. They would be competitive for a half to maybe 3 quarters. But their superior size, depth, and speed overwhelms even some of the very best of lower classes. So this game is the first true measuring stick for both programs to gauge where they are now, versus where they want to be come playoff time.

2001 was the first year we ran the Franklin System, but thanks fornthe knod!!...oh...u were refering to the greatest show on turf bahahahahaha.
doubledown Wrote:Pikeville definite favorite going into this one in September & expect them to win but if they match up in November expect to see Tigers be more improved team and knock the Panthers out of playoffs when it really counts. Have to put Pikeville & Raceland at top of the east but Hazard & Paintsville very well may decide team that matches up with Beechwood.

Last few years it's been the opposite...Paintsville has looked very good in the regular season and not so good in the big playoff games when it really counts. Happened to Pikeville against Paintsville 5 or so years ago though so you never know.

I've got a lot of respect for Paintsville because of how low their program was not too long ago and they've definitely came a long way.
Going to change what I said earlier about this team reminding me of the 80s. Not fair to either era. 87 backfield was probably the best Class A backfield before or since and probably ever. And they had so many other excellent players. But this team doesn't remind me of 2014 or 2015 either. They have their own identity and can't be lumped with any other team. They control their destiny and have the potential to be great. Looking forward to a great game Friday. All the respect in the world for Paintsville, it will take a complete effort for the Panthers to come out on top.

Good luck Panthers and praying for no injuries to either team.:Cheerlead
jetpilot Wrote:Going to change what I said earlier about this team reminding me of the 80s. Not fair to either era. 87 backfield was probably the best Class A backfield before or since and probably ever. And they had so many other excellent players. But this team doesn't remind me of 2014 or 2015 either. They have their own identity and can't be lumped with any other team. They control their destiny and have the potential to be great. Looking forward to a great game Friday. All the respect in the world for Paintsville, it will take a complete effort for the Panthers to come out on top.

Good luck Panthers and praying for no injuries to either team.:Cheerlead

Gotta agree jp. I have plenty of respect for Paintsville and always have. They have come so far , as compared to where they've been, not that long ago. A testament to great coaching, imo. Pikeville, Raceland, Hazard, and others benefit from the success Paintsville has experienced the past few years, and for that matter, we all benefit from each teams success. Sure hope we win Friday evening, but like you say Jp, it will take a complete effort, and no true Pikeville fan will think otherwise. I too pray for an injury free game. GO PANTHERS !:Thumbs:
We are way too nice for this to be Pikeville vs Paintsville week. Especially since Pikeville had less than 100 yards of offense and 0 points last year.
2000PHS Wrote:We are way too nice for this to be Pikeville vs Paintsville week. Especially since Pikeville had less than 100 yards of offense and 0 points last year.

Haha I was thinking the same thing last night. I know for a fact that each fan base truly doesn't like the other so why get on the internet and try to be politically correct!
2000PHS Wrote:We are way too nice for this to be Pikeville vs Paintsville week. Especially since Pikeville had less than 100 yards of offense and 0 points last year.

We are so nice we will even show you our 4 championship trophies while you are here so you will know what one looks like.:welcome:
bigcat95 Wrote:Haha I was thinking the same thing last night. I know for a fact that each fan base truly doesn't like the other so why get on the internet and try to be politically correct!

I don’t try to be politically correct just like to be nice but on those Friday nights (and Thursday night this week our middle schools play) I don’t like you guys but then afterwards it’s ok. 2000PHS is still leaving in the past with last years game. Seems like he likes that. New year great sort of rivalry and good luck to you guys but hope Pikeville kicks your butts in both games and as always GO PANTHERS!!!
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next