5. Mayfield
6. CAL
7. Highlands
8. Beechwood
9. Central
10. Lex. Catholic

My first reactions is- HAHAHAHAHAH.
MY 2nd reaction is- WTF!!!!?????

A case can be made for Cov Cath at #1. In all likelihood they may be. But the rest? Come on. Boyle not in the top 10? I can understand if you don’t put corbin in the top 10 of the state, but when you put Lex cath. And Central ahead of them. Wowwwwww. I’m not gonna even waste my time looking at the formula they use. I DO know they don’t account for interstate games. But thought it was VERY interesting and should spark some “friendly” debate.
As usual all ranking are a joke and your right hound this is definitely a joke
I'm with you Hound, WOW! How can Boyle AND Corbin not be in the Top 10? Again, WOW!
Calpreps and Massey are far more accurate plus take out of state games in consideration.
Make Corbin Great Again :Cheerlead

September 07 2018 Beechwood
September 21 2018 Mayfield

Marked it Down :mop::mop:
#55PirateFan Wrote:I'm with you Hound, WOW! How can Boyle AND Corbin not be in the Top 10? Again, WOW!

I always try to temper my expectations and be somewhat skeptical, that way I can I somewhat look at my team objectively. It’s hard, but to get a fair assessment of yourself I think you have to.

But with all of that in mind, i don’t think we belong in the top 10 of the state. We haven’t beat anyone- other than Danville, who is 2A- to deserve it. Now if we run the table against beechwood, and mayfield, I could put us anywhere between 8-10 and feel good about that. Or at least confident it’s pretty close to right. But right now, the only 3A team who deserves in the top 10 is boyle. Based on where they finished last year and what they have returning this year. Now granted, and I’ll probably get chased out of here for it, but I don’t think they are playing all that well right now. It’s obvious that they CAN and probably WILL be soon. But I think they are maybe missing some guys and still trying to plug some holes left from last years sqaud. So they need some time like rest of us. But they def have the ability to be a solid 3-5 spot. But right now that’s the only 3A team. Central, is very talented. Coaching wise, I’m still in the air on that one. But I don’t think they gained enough from underclassmen to be ahead of anyone us or Boyle. Lex cath, same thing. You can’t twll me they’ve gained enough talent to overcome what Boyle did to them? I’d put belfry over them. And at the end of the season you can never count belfry out. But these ranking are a joke. It’s like the AP poll only worse. At least you only have one idiot giving a 1st place vote to a team 3rd in their district. This is something else. Such garbage I’m not going to give them the traffic to find out how they camenup with it.
Hound05 Wrote:I always try to temper my expectations and be somewhat skeptical, that way I can I somewhat look at my team objectively. It’s hard, but to get a fair assessment of yourself I think you have to.

But with all of that in mind, i don’t think we belong in the top 10 of the state. We haven’t beat anyone- other than Danville, who is 2A- to deserve it. Now if we run the table against beechwood, and mayfield, I could put us anywhere between 8-10 and feel good about that. Or at least confident it’s pretty close to right. But right now, the only 3A team who deserves in the top 10 is boyle. Based on where they finished last year and what they have returning this year. Now granted, and I’ll probably get chased out of here for it, but I don’t think they are playing all that well right now. It’s obvious that they CAN and probably WILL be soon. But I think they are maybe missing some guys and still trying to plug some holes left from last years sqaud. So they need some time like rest of us. But they def have the ability to be a solid 3-5 spot. But right now that’s the only 3A team. Central, is very talented. Coaching wise, I’m still in the air on that one. But I don’t think they gained enough from underclassmen to be ahead of anyone us or Boyle. Lex cath, same thing. You can’t twll me they’ve gained enough talent to overcome what Boyle did to them? I’d put belfry over them. And at the end of the season you can never count belfry out. But these ranking are a joke. It’s like the AP poll only worse. At least you only have one idiot giving a 1st place vote to a team 3rd in their district. This is something else. Such garbage I’m not going to give them the traffic to find out how they camenup with it.

I have gained alot of respect for you Hound over the last two seasons on here since I became a member when my son started playing in High School. I think you're very knowledgeable about your team and Kentucky High School football in general and I love talking HS football with you but you are DEAD WRONG with this post. Boyle and your Hounds absolutely deserve to be on this Top 10, if you want to call it that! And I'm not the only one thinking this if these guys will be honest about it. And those are the only two 3A schools that deserve to be on the list right now IMO. Now how far up the Top 10 is another thing. I'd be afraid to say. No way in this football fans opinion should Lou.Central and Lex.Cath be on this list and Boyle and Corbin not be. Like I said before, I think Boyle and Corbin are the top tier teams in 3A right now with Belfry, Lou.Central, and Lex.Cath right under them. But again, this is just this ol mans opinion.
Right now Boyle is #3 and Corbin is #10 in massey. Calpreps has Boyle #2 and Corbin #8.
This poll has been a joke since the 1960s. My senior year at Highlands we were preseason ranked #1. And we weren’t the best in the state. Maybe 5th or 6th. We did make it to state game but lost to Hoptown
Iam4thecats Wrote:Right now Boyle is #3 and Corbin is #10 in massey. Calpreps has Boyle #2 and Corbin #8.

That's about how I would have it, either one.
#55PirateFan Wrote:I have gained alot of respect for you Hound over the last two seasons on here since I became a member when my son started playing in High School. I think you're very knowledgeable about your team and Kentucky High School football in general and I love talking HS football with you but you are DEAD WRONG with this post. Boyle and your Hounds absolutely deserve to be on this Top 10, if you want to call it that! And I'm not the only one thinking this if these guys will be honest about it. And those are the only two 3A schools that deserve to be on the list right now IMO. Now how far up the Top 10 is another thing. I'd be afraid to say. No way in this football fans opinion should Lou.Central and Lex.Cath be on this list and Boyle and Corbin not be. Like I said before, I think Boyle and Corbin are the top tier teams in 3A right now with Belfry, Lou.Central, and Lex.Cath right under them. But again, this is just this ol mans opinion.

Boyle will put a running clock on LexCath. And they know it. 😎
FoSho Wrote:Boyle will put a running clock on LexCath. Tick tock, tick tock. 😎

Agree
The 3A Championship is a four horse race...rankings are crap. Gunna come down to talent, preparation, coaching and heart.

Boyle Co, Corbin, Central & Belfry.
Highlands 7?
#55PirateFan Wrote:I have gained alot of respect for you Hound over the last two seasons on here since I became a member when my son started playing in High School. I think you're very knowledgeable about your team and Kentucky High School football in general and I love talking HS football with you but you are DEAD WRONG with this post. Boyle and your Hounds absolutely deserve to be on this Top 10, if you want to call it that! And I'm not the only one thinking this if these guys will be honest about it. And those are the only two 3A schools that deserve to be on the list right now IMO. Now how far up the Top 10 is another thing. I'd be afraid to say. No way in this football fans opinion should Lou.Central and Lex.Cath be on this list and Boyle and Corbin not be. Like I said before, I think Boyle and Corbin are the top tier teams in 3A right now with Belfry, Lou.Central, and Lex.Cath right under them. But again, this is just this ol mans opinion.
I’d put belfry and central right there a notch behind us and boyle. Lexington Catholic’s defense turns me off of them. They almost play to finesse at times the past couple of years. I don’t know why?? Last year it was somewhat of a size issue maybe, at least that’s what I gathered from watching them. Even their offense which was pretty good overall had the speed and quickness but when they played a team like boyle, the defenders just out muscled them, especially their WR’s. So unless something has changed I wouldn’t put them against centrals speed and size- if they still have it, like they did last year, I’ve not kept up with them much yet- and Belfrys talent, coaching, and that D@mn triple option!!!

But in the end the games will come down to what they always have, the rankings are for us to get on here and talk about, until next year at least!!
Give me Trinity at 1, I'd put Boyle, Corbin, Desales, St X, Bowling Green, South Warren in top ten also.
killbilly usmc Wrote:Give me Trinity at 1, I'd put Boyle, Corbin, Desales, St X, Bowling Green, South Warren in top ten also.

Trinity maybe #1 but so far they haven't proved it.
It’s hard to doubt trinity. Even in a “down” year for them. I’d love to see a public school in ky beat them though
What's the new AP Poll look like this week?
BellCo18 Wrote:What's the new AP Poll look like this week?

I haven’t seen it either. It’s gotta be better than this garbage
I checked out CalPreps. Their state ranking is more actuate. At least in my opinion. Cov. Cath is 1st. They don’t do projected matchups until Oct. 1st. But I did the hypothetical matchups. I don’t think they have enough current info to make an educated guess at it. They have beechwood beating up by 14 on a neutral field. Mayfield by 3. And Boyle by 10.

I’ll say this, if beechwood can beat us by 14 on a neutral field, then boyle will by more than 10. Unless I’m missing something. I’ve said before, I don’t think they’re playing great right now, we know they can, but they’re figuring it out like the rest of us. But I don’t see a 14 pt loss to beechwood and a then just a 10 to Boyle. But I guess that’s why they say “hypothetical”. The only thing I will about GUARANTEE is the 3A champ will be from the east with central skating through til the title
Question who is in Boyle district and if Boyle travels to Belfry who travel to Corbin......just curious would it be Lexington Catholic :popcorn:
Never mind I got this now. Confusednicker:
64SUR Wrote:Question who is in Boyle district and if Boyle travels to Belfry who travel to Corbin......just curious would it be Lexington Catholic :popcorn:

I think Lex Cath if in 2nd place in District would have to go to Belfry. If they win, Boyle would have to play Central, Belfry and Corbin most likely to make it to Lexington. Or Lex Cath could be in that mix somewhere if they win into it as well. :Thumbs:
Hound05 Wrote:I haven’t seen it either. It’s gotta be better than this garbage

Even though I dislike Corbin. Corbin should at least be #8 in this. Hopefully after the Beechwood and Mayfield games. Everyone will know then.
Hatz Wrote:I think Lex Cath if in 2nd place in District would have to go to Belfry. If they win, Boyle would have to play Central, Belfry and Corbin most likely to make it to Lexington. Or Lex Cath could be in that mix somewhere if they win into it as well. :Thumbs:

I don't know about that either I'm so messed up on this. :HitWall:
Hound05 Wrote:Came out today.

Top 10
1. Covington Catholic
2. Trinity
3. Scott County
4. Male
5. Mayfield
6. CAL
7. Highlands
8. Beechwood
9. Central
10. Lex. Catholic

My first reactions is- HAHAHAHAHAH.
MY 2nd reaction is- WTF!!!!?????

A case can be made for Cov Cath at #1. In all likelihood they may be. But the rest? Come on. Boyle not in the top 10? I can understand if you don’t put corbin in the top 10 of the state, but when you put Lex cath. And Central ahead of them. Wowwwwww. I’m not gonna even waste my time looking at the formula they use. I DO know they don’t account for interstate games. But thought it was VERY interesting and should spark some “friendly” debate.
This may be the worse one I've seen. If Boyle isn't top 10 then who the hell is. You guys would beat the pants off of Lex Cath, IMO. Personally I think you have to be favored over Central until they either beat you, or last longer in the playoffs, neither of which are assured of. Horrible laughable ratings.
Iam4thecats Wrote:Right now Boyle is #3 and Corbin is #10 in massey. Calpreps has Boyle #2 and Corbin #8.

IMO, Boyle is top 5, at LEAST, probably #2 or #3 in the state. Corbin is NO worse than 8. If they beat Beechwood, IMO they are top 7. This rating is nuts.
Hatz Wrote:I think Lex Cath if in 2nd place in District would have to go to Belfry. If they win, Boyle would have to play Central, Belfry and Corbin most likely to make it to Lexington. Or Lex Cath could be in that mix somewhere if they win into it as well. :Thumbs:

Central is in the west Hatz and sitting pretty for Lexington. As long a Boyle takes care of business on October 12th. it should play out as Lex Cath @ Belfy in the 2nd. round. Boyle @ Belfry for 3rd. round and winner at Corbin for the right to go to Lexington to play Central.
Rebel55 Wrote:Central is in the west Hatz and sitting pretty for Lexington. As long a Boyle takes care of business on October 12th. it should play out as Lex Cath @ Belfy in the 2nd. round. Boyle @ Belfry for 3rd. round and winner at Corbin for the right to go to Lexington to play Central.

Sorry. I was confused. I somehow thought Central was still on our side as well.

:Thumbs: