•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville @ Pikeville
Paintsville seems to be lacking that go to guy they have had in the last few years and as a result kind of seem to lack an identity offensively. Solid stable of running backs, but no clear cut, take over a game and take one to the house at any given time like a Phelps or a bruising, tempo controlling guy like Allen was. Pretty big and atheletic at WR, but no one has really stepped up to be THE guy. That being said, atleast on film, Pikeville looks alot like Ashland did, imo. Ashland had a little more size on the DL, but they are both extremely fast and atheletic sideline to sideline.

Pikeville has just about every advantage, imo and its hard for me to pick against them in this one.
Pikeville-34
Paintsville-20
Very surprised at how quiet this thread is. I miss the banter with Floppy. Anyone heard from him? I look for this to be much more competitive than people think.
Very quiet in this thread!
What's to say? According to the Pikeville Pilot Panthers are better on offense and defense and according to the Ram Land expert we don't have any play makers. 2-8 and 2nd round exit here we come!
2000PHS Wrote:What's to say? According to the Pikeville Pilot Panthers are better on offense and defense and according to the Ram Land expert we don't have any play makers. 2-8 and 2nd round exit here we come!

You know there is no true Panther fans think that. Yes we have faith in the team but we don’t have anything to do with the playing of the game, Lord knows if I did 1 play I would be history.I personally look for it to be a good game like I stated before but as always GO PANTHERS!!! (Win or lose I am still for the Panthers)
Pikeville by 3 TDS I’ve seen Paintsville one game Estill wasn’t much of a game but I’ve seen all the FD players highlights Paintsville DBs played scared. FDs running back out of backfield was always open. Thought Paintsville Defense would keep them in the games this season but as I watched FD players highlights it’s exposed a lot of Paintsville D. Paintsville doesn’t seem like to have an O line. It’s my understand from Paintsville supporters their o line coaches from the booth. No push from O line off the ball. Lot of missed blocks
PHSForever Wrote:Very surprised at how quiet this thread is. I miss the banter with Floppy. Anyone heard from him? I look for this to be much more competitive than people think.

Miss ol' gargantuan melons too, PHS. One thing about him. He had wit and character. I guess the liquor business is booming in Johnson Co. and has him super busy. Last year at this time, the Pikeville / Paintsville thread was red hot. I'll try to get in going...….."Paintsville fans must not be as confident in this game for some reason.:biggrin:
PHS DYNASTY Wrote:Miss ol' gargantuan melons too, PHS. One thing about him. He had wit and character. I guess the liquor business is booming in Johnson Co. and has him super busy. Last year at this time, the Pikeville / Paintsville thread was red hot. I'll try to get in going...….."Paintsville fans must not be as confident in this game for some reason.:biggrin:
Well, it IS close to election season. Probably stocking up on them mini bottles of liquor to slip into the polling places down there in Johnson County. Heard he could fit 50 under them Floppy Melons, sell cheap as long as you don’t mind moob sweat, and free if you vote for his candidate. Lol
PHSForever Wrote:Well, it IS close to election season. Probably stocking up on them mini bottles of liquor to slip into the polling places down there in Johnson County. Heard he could fit 50 under them Floppy Melons, sell cheap as long as you don’t mind moob sweat, and free if you vote for his candidate. Lol

Lol ! No doubt.
I just don’t know where Paintsville is going to get the offense from to keep up with Pikeville. It is going to take a couple of turnovers in key moments for Paintsville to pull this one out. A lot of people have been calling out the vaunted Tiger defense after last weeks performance so this is where they need to step up and take a game over. I still think Pikeville is much farther along in having an identity so I think they win this one by two scores. By the end of the year I think the gap will be a lot closer once everyone finds their role for the Tigers.

Pikeville- 28
Paintsville- 13
2000PHS Wrote:What's to say? According to the Pikeville Pilot Panthers are better on offense and defense and according to the Ram Land expert we don't have any play makers. 2-8 and 2nd round exit here we come!

Nobody said any of that lol but since I know kids don't care what the heck adults say on message boards I will go ahead and make my prediction.

Pikeville 49
Paintsville 20
jetpilot Wrote:Nobody said any of that lol but since I know kids don't care what the heck adults say on message boards I will go ahead and make my prediction.

Pikeville 49
Paintsville 20

Huh? I’m too lazy to quote them all but “advantage at every position” and “best defense will be in maroon” stand out.

If Pikeville scores 49, crown them directly after the game.
2000PHS Wrote:Huh? I’m too lazy to quote them all but “advantage at every position” and “best defense will be in maroon” stand out.

If Pikeville scores 49, crown them directly after the game.

Don't be lazy no Pikeville fan said better at every position but yes Pikeville defense is better. You still didn't say who the 9 returning starters on Paintsville D are.
jetpilot Wrote:Don't be lazy no Pikeville fan said better at every position but yes Pikeville defense is better. You still didn't say who the 9 returning starters on Paintsville D are.

I didn’t say anyone said better at every position, it was “better on offense and defense” Scotty said Pikeville has every advantage. 😂

We will make this a thread yet!

As for returning starters:

Allen, Allen, Allen, Phelps, both MLBs, NT, So 7 for sure and another 2 that played significant. B. Daniels did play but was used sparingly due to his injury. Lost T.Allen, D.Daniels, Couch, Stambaugh
Thanks 2000 I know you are a straight up guy and poster on here. I just think this is one of Pikeville's great teams. You guys can prove me wrong Friday. Hoping for an injury free game as this one is for pride only.
jetpilot Wrote:Thanks 2000 I know you are a straight up guy and poster on here. I just think this is one of Pikeville's great teams. You guys can prove me wrong Friday. Hoping for an injury free game as this one is for pride only.

Paintsville will finally know where they stand after this one. First 3 games told us nothing. This Pikeville team up there with ‘14 and ‘15 in your eyes?
Eagleland Wrote:Pikeville by 3 TDS I’ve seen Paintsville one game Estill wasn’t much of a game but I’ve seen all the FD players highlights Paintsville DBs played scared. FDs running back out of backfield was always open. Thought Paintsville Defense would keep them in the games this season but as I watched FD players highlights it’s exposed a lot of Paintsville D. Paintsville doesn’t seem like to have an O line. It’s my understand from Paintsville supporters their o line coaches from the booth. No push from O line off the ball. Lot of missed blocks

Did you make that observation from the RECC bucket filming ?
TigerBlues Wrote:Did you make that observation from the RECC bucket filming ?

I don't know what that means but TB is in the house!!!!:rockon::rockon::rockon:
I’m curious as to How many Starters Returned to this Years Panther Team ?
jetpilot Wrote:I don't know what that means but TB is in the house!!!!:rockon::rockon::rockon:

Me either but it sounds funny as hell 😂
2000PHS Wrote:Paintsville will finally know where they stand after this one. First 3 games told us nothing. This Pikeville team up there with ‘14 and ‘15 in your eyes?

Reminds me of the 80s. Maybe I'm just old but that's what I see. I think E's Army nailed it, Pikeville has huge speed and playmakers all over the field, you will have to manhandle their line to have a shot. And their line is very good lol. I think you will be shocked at how good Pikeville is. But I may end up shocked lol...
Panther Pride Wrote:I’m curious as to How many Starters Returned to this Years Panther Team ?

I'm more interested in how many will be gone after this season...
2000PHS Wrote:Me either but it sounds funny as hell ��

Confusednicker: yes it does!!!
jetpilot Wrote:Reminds me of the 80s. Maybe I'm just old but that's what I see. I think E's Army nailed it, Pikeville has huge speed and playmakers all over the field, you will have to manhandle their line to have a shot. And their line is very good lol. I think you will be shocked at how good Pikeville is. But I may end up shocked lol...

Saw them last year, wasn't impressed lol (insert big grin emoji)
2000PHS Wrote:Saw them last year, wasn't impressed lol (insert big grin emoji)

Saw Paintsville last week, they couldn't tackle my grandma!:biggrin:
2000PHS Wrote:Saw them last year, wasn't impressed lol (insert big grin emoji)

I heard the same thing in 1986!:dontthink
Patriot1 Wrote:You know I have been going to horse races all my life and it never dawned on me they do run counter clockwise. Very observant aren’t i
I don't pay attention either. lol
pjdoug Wrote:I don't pay attention either. lol

Hopefully you guys don't bet!:biggrin:
2000PHS Wrote:I didn’t say anyone said better at every position, it was “better on offense and defense” Scotty said Pikeville has every advantage. 😂

We will make this a thread yet!

As for returning starters:

Allen, Allen, Allen, Phelps, both MLBs, NT, So 7 for sure and another 2 that played significant. B. Daniels did play but was used sparingly due to his injury. Lost T.Allen, D.Daniels, Couch, Stambaugh
Scotty is Beamed up.
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next