13th Region Predictions
Who are top 10 players in 13th Region?

Who are top 5 teams in 13th Region?
1. South
2.knox
3.Corbin
4. Clay
5. Harlan co
Jj Rsmey is 1 for sure very athletic and shoots the piss out of it.
8th grader Reed Sheppard will be a Top 10 guy in the 13th Region by the end of the season.
ky playmaker Wrote:Jj Rsmey is 1 for sure very athletic and shoots the piss out of it.
And that's a hard thing to do. lol
South will be #1. They got that Ramey kid who is the best player. Thats a good place to start. I don’t know anything about Clay, but they have been a little down for their standards for awhile. Surely they will be able to put together a good team sooner or later. I also don’t know anything about Corbin but they will find a way to be good I figure.
52nd district will be wide open this year! Harlan County will be more beatable I think. Harlan will be good, I don’t think they lost much. And I can’t figure out if transfer rumors are true for my Bobcats. If we get our players back I love Bell’s athleticism.
South is head and shoulders better than everybody else in region.
North Laurel will again be better than folks think. they could very well be in the 3-5 spot. Adam sizemore and landon young have alot of varsity experience. cooper dotson cole kelley have some experience. aaron oster is a name that many will get to know. then you got the young guns clay sizemore and reed sheppard. If those two prove to be varsity ready they could be really good.
South- Hands down better talent and players than anyone in the region.
Corbin- Coach P does a great job but will miss the Taylor kid.
North- Coached well, I think they will surprise people.
Knox- Will be talented but summer transfers hurt them.
Clay- I'll give them the edge because of good young player but the 5 spot will shift all year.
The_Rock Wrote:8th grader Reed Sheppard will be a Top 10 guy in the 13th Region by the end of the season.

I saw him play as a seventh grader. One of the best I've seen at that age anywhere. Looking forward to watching him play in HS and beyond. :Thumbs:
The 52nd district should be much more competitive and I think will compete better against the rest of the region then they have. All 4 teams should be good barring Bell losing too many transfers. Harlan City is dangerous too.
ArJay Wrote:The 52nd district should be much more competitive and I think will compete better against the rest of the region then they have. All 4 teams should be good barring Bell losing too many transfers. Harlan City is dangerous too.

I agree it should be more competitive overall. A 52nd District team won the region in 2017, so it's held up OK.
Have you looked at HC’s schedule ? Other than the mandatory district games, they only have 2 regular season games against 13th region opponents. They play Barbourville and Jackson County.
That’s cause nobody driving to Harlan to play a 45 min game 🤣
Seriously doubt that. If you look at previous schedules most schools in the
13th have been playing HC home and away. HC travels also. What I was pointing out was the fact there are only two games against 13th region teams outside of district play.
HCHS does have a hard time getting games, especially home games, in just about every sport.
Harlan County borders Letcher, Leslie and Perry in the 14th and only Bell in the 13th.
I think Whitley is still on the schedule also.
South laurel has not played at HC since 2014-15 season. It is kinda strange
not a single kid on souths roster has ever played at Harlan co. that is crazy
north laurel has not played at hc since 2012-13 season
Unless Clay has gotten quite a bit stronger over the summer and improved their teamwork tremendously they'll be about like last year...which was very inconsistent and not near the top 2-3 of the region. I think they lost 1 senior starter.
HCS Wrote:I agree it should be more competitive overall. A 52nd District team won the region in 2017, so it's held up OK.

I was talking about last year only. The district was a little behind the other districts. No one was very strong in the 52nd. Although yearly Harlan County has been really good lately.
ky playmaker Wrote:not a single kid on souths roster has ever played at Harlan co. that is crazy

I figured it was your fault since you said you weren't going to Harlan County.
Now that I think about it, South came over for a freshman game two or three years ago.
Yeah, it was at the end definitely. HCHS beat South and North, plus Estill County, early in the season.
I hear Bell did lose two starters this week and Harlan lost one. District will be more competitive than it has though, it appears.
HCS Wrote:Yeah, it was at the end definitely. HCHS beat South and North, plus Estill County, early in the season.
I hear Bell did lose two starters this week and Harlan lost one. District will be more competitive than it has though, it appears.

Who did Bell lose? I’m not been able to confirm anything yet.
1. South Laurel
2. Knox Central
3. Corbin
4. North Laurel ( my sleeper team )
5. Harlan Ind ( another sleeper )
6. Clay County
7. Harlan County
8. Bell County
9. Whitley County
10. Jackson County

:closeenough:
I am hearing knox and north got new kids both from florida. One at knox is suppose to be ranked no. 2 soph in florida. 6, 6 Wesley Cardet Jr
1. South Laurel - Heavy favorite - easily best talent and Ramey/Cromer combo one of best in
entire state
2. North Laurel - Will Surpise - Adam Sizemore is best PG in Mountains and will have a huge
year and Jags will be a tough out.
3. Clay County - Good young talent that will be ready to rise / watch out for Conner Robinson
4. Corbin - Always tough and could challenge by end of the year - Mattew Taylor ready to bust
out and they have some really good athletes
4. Knox County - Lost a lot from last year but will be in the mix
5. Harlan Ind. - Young players developed last year and are ready to make some noise
7. Bell County - Will be up and down but hard to beat on a given night
8. Harlan County - Rebuilding
9. Jackson County - Decent this year
10. Whitley County - Will have some good nights but struggle most of year
I don’t know much about NL and don’t put much stock into summer ball, but I did hear Bell bear them a couple times this summer. I’m surprised to see them in the top 4 or higher in rankings.
I think people are sleeping on Middlesboro. With Brock and the two kids from Lynn Camp transferring in and Morris coaching them, I'd put them in the top 10 for sure. I would assume their schedule will allow for a lot more wins than expected too.