•  Previous
  • 17(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin 2018
Hound05 Wrote:You could tell they still got to work on timing and being “fluid” I guess is the word. Still a little sloppy on offense. But man we got some serious SPEED and our DB’s will smother people

You know Hound05 with what you said some of the High football teams I have seen not much of Corbin and Boyle but some others with that speed why don’t High coaches play more man to man defense and get in the receiver face and hit him at the line of scrimmage and make these quarterbacks make those harder throws
Hound05 Wrote:You could tell they still got to work on timing and being “fluid” I guess is the word. Still a little sloppy on offense. But man we got some serious SPEED and our DB’s will smother people

Like they smothered The Rebels? Smile
Patriot1 Wrote:You know Hound05 with what you said some of the High football teams I have seen not much of Corbin and Boyle but some others with that speed why don’t High coaches play more man to man defense and get in the receiver face and hit him at the line of scrimmage and make these quarterbacks make those harder throws

I really hope people press our WR. We might score on every play. 😂
FoSho Wrote:I really hope people press our WR. We might score on every play. 😂

No FoSho Boyle would be a team I definitely wouldn’t man up on too much speed but some teams you could but most teams I watch over the years don’t play man coverage much when the have some speed in the secondary
Patriot1 Wrote:You know Hound05 with what you said some of the High football teams I have seen not much of Corbin and Boyle but some others with that speed why don’t High coaches play more man to man defense and get in the receiver face and hit him at the line of scrimmage and make these quarterbacks make those harder throws
That’s a great question. And I really don’t know?? Back in the day I’d say it was because HS coaches weren’t as knowledgeable as they are today. The ones that don’t today are a result of- in my opinion- lack on instruction or technique dealing with DB’s. When they can’t teach their kids the right way to do it, even speed gets trumped by good technique. But if you have the talent, and coaches who can instruct the kids correctly you could really disrupt things for the offense. I know corbins defense is pretty complex at times, you’ll see them jam the WR at the line and other times play off of them
pjdoug Wrote:Like they smothered The Rebels? Smile

I don’t know? I must have missed those plays, I was watching Whitley play in their title gam...... oh never mind, must have been at the concession stand.

Crack all the jokes you want, our defense did a lot of things to them that was a first for the season for them if what some of their fans said are true. But hey it is what it is. They beat us, sure. But we’ve still won more regional titles than Whitley has playoff games hahah
FoSho Wrote:I really hope people press our WR. We might score on every play. 😂

See I disagree to an extent. While pressing them with the speed Boyle has sets you up for failure, pressing them with help over the top could also disrupt the timing the QB is use to. Now you have to have some pressure on the QB for it to work, but from what I’ve read the WALL of an offensive line you all had last year are mostly gone. Now if someone wanted to just play straight man press on BC It would be off to the races
Hound05 Wrote:I don’t know? I must have missed those plays, I was watching Whitley play in their title gam...... oh never mind, must have been at the concession stand.

Crack all the jokes you want, our defense did a lot of things to them that was a first for the season for them if what some of their fans said are true. But hey it is what it is. They beat us, sure. But we’ve still won more regional titles than Whitley has playoff games hahah
You can do better than that lame comment. Boyle County made it look like your defense wasn't even on the field.
pjdoug Wrote:You can do better than that lame comment. Boyle County made it look like your defense wasn't even on the field.

Yep, they did. Good thing that Corbin will most likely get another shot at them this season. You should come watch it. You’re only 15-20 minutes away and Whitley won’t have a game that week. You can get a chance to see how well we use all of our “recruits” from “south Whitley county”.
Single Wing 77 Wrote:Yep, they did. Good thing that Corbin will most likely get another shot at them this season. You should come watch it. You’re only 15-20 minutes away and Whitley won’t have a game that week. You can get a chance to see how well we use all of our “recruits” from “south Whitley county”.

I've already seen how well you use the recruits.
[quote=pjdoug]I've already seen how well you use the recruits. [url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HGHmbo27SM[/url

Nah
pjdoug Wrote:You can do better than that lame comment. Boyle County made it look like your defense wasn't even on the field.

Like I said, pretty sure our defense gave BC a couple first for them on the season, some BC fan can correct me if I’m wrong, like the sacks interceptions etc. but even if not, we no have something in common, cause Whitley’s defense wasn’t no where close to that field, nor will they ever be. Come to think about it, I think corbin won more regional titles last year alone than Whitley has in a decade hahahah. I know it’s tough being little brother, and you have to stand out somehow, so at least your attempts to get corbin fans worked up is somewhat respectable. Your on field production however is NOT.
pjdoug Wrote:I've already seen how well you use the recruits.

What’s that? A 12 point game at the half and 13 going into the 4th qtr against one of the best offenses in the state? Looks like we’re doing a pretty good job with them. I would post Whitley’s video but I don’t think they record meaningless district games hahaha
Hound05 Wrote:Like I said, pretty sure our defense gave BC a couple first for them on the season, some BC fan can correct me if I’m wrong, like the sacks interceptions etc. but even if not, we no have something in common, cause Whitley’s defense wasn’t no where close to that field, nor will they ever be. Come to think about it, I think corbin won more regional titles last year alone than Whitley has in a decade hahahah. I know it’s tough being little brother, and you have to stand out somehow, so at least your attempts to get corbin fans worked up is somewhat respectable. Your on field production however is NOT.

I came away impressed with what Corbin returns more than what they had last year.

That said, Corbin did not intercept Boyle in the game. The Hounds did not sack Boyle either.

The Hounds offense only put up 2 TD's and left two in the red zone if I recall correctly. (which is the mark of a very good defense)

Their Defense made some key stops or Boyle would have scored more.

I expect the Hounds to be more difficult to defend this year with Estep at QB and the athletes they return. Good luck to them unless we play them again. :Thumbs:
pjdoug Wrote:They looked like they have some Mud Creek boys on their team.

Of course there's some of us playing for the Hounds always have been always will be, why be another talented face on the sideline at the county when you'll actually play at Corbin. I watched my buddies from the holler work their butts off to stand on the sideline and lose for Mr. or Mrs. SoandSo's son, meanwhile I got to play and win!!!

:truestory:
Single Wing 77 Wrote:Yep, they did. Good thing that Corbin will most likely get another shot at them this season. You should come watch it. You’re only 15-20 minutes away and Whitley won’t have a game that week. You can get a chance to see how well we use all of our “recruits” from “south Whitley county”.

Confusednicker::thanks:
Mayfield will be the only team to test the redounds until the 14 or 15 week, by then coach Haddix will have them fine tuned. Corbin will beat Beechwood by 2 td's and should have last year but 22-2 penalties are hard to over come, not blaming no one just can't win with that many penalties. GO HOUNDS
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:[quote=pjdoug]I've already seen how well you use the recruits. [url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HGHmbo27SM[/url

Nah

looks like you got rattled just watching the video.
Hound05 Wrote:Like I said, pretty sure our defense gave BC a couple first for them on the season, some BC fan can correct me if I’m wrong, like the sacks interceptions etc. but even if not, we no have something in common, cause Whitley’s defense wasn’t no where close to that field, nor will they ever be. Come to think about it, I think corbin won more regional titles last year alone than Whitley has in a decade hahahah. I know it’s tough being little brother, and you have to stand out somehow, so at least your attempts to get corbin fans worked up is somewhat respectable. Your on field production however is NOT.

You snorted too much Kool-Aid in the parking lot if you thought Corbin had a defense on Kroger Field.
Hound05 Wrote:What’s that? A 12 point game at the half and 13 going into the 4th qtr against one of the best offenses in the state? Looks like we’re doing a pretty good job with them. I would post Whitley’s video but I don’t think they record meaningless district games hahaha

You got embarrassed and Whitley is all you can say.
chs crazy Wrote:Of course there's some of us playing for the Hounds always have been always will be, why be another talented face on the sideline at the county when you'll actually play at Corbin. I watched my buddies from the holler work their butts off to stand on the sideline and lose for Mr. or Mrs. SoandSo's son, meanwhile I got to play and win!!!

:truestory:
You know I'm not going to argue with that :Thumbs:
pjdoug Wrote:You snorted too much Kool-Aid in the parking lot if you thought Corbin had a defense on Kroger Field.

I was with him he snorted no kool-aid. Giids just came came out flat early and got behind early. Loved their fight and determination, just wasn't enough to take the dub. Hounds have a TON of talent! Jmho, still not enough to win that game. Incredible talent coming back but still not enough to beat Boyle. Complete respect for Corbin and the players because the fans were great and the players were incredibly talented and fun to watch. That being said, not enough time win it all.
pjdoug Wrote:You got embarrassed and Whitley is all you can say.

Embarrassed??? Hahah. Even for you that is way out of the spectrum. Haha. Embarrassed pshh. You can’t even make it past the 2nd round with YOUR team and you wanna bring up Boyle county like it bothers us. BC is the OUTRIGHT CHAMP. No shame in that for me. They deserved it. Would have loved to won. But state runner up is far from embarrassment hahah. Now Whitley, yea that’s an embarrassment. A school that size and they can’t even win that region?? Hahah. But you should stick with the crying about “they steal all our good players” at least that has some merit. Bringing up a loss in the championship to one of the best offenses and best coaches in the state won’t get ya too far. I guess Whitley’s state championship will be week one though, the way the envy us and our results. Here’s a tip for the future, don’t bet on black in that one. But I do appreciate you guys scheduling us again, it’s a good warm up for a championship run, even though we’d probably be better off just playing ourselves. Embarrassment hahahah come Doug, I’ve seen you post enough to know you can do better than that.
Hatz Wrote:I came away impressed with what Corbin returns more than what they had last year.

That said, Corbin did not intercept Boyle in the game. The Hounds did not sack Boyle either.

The Hounds offense only put up 2 TD's and left two in the red zone if I recall correctly. (which is the mark of a very good defense)

Their Defense made some key stops or Boyle would have scored more.

I expect the Hounds to be more difficult to defend this year with Estep at QB and the athletes they return. Good luck to them unless we play them again. :Thumbs:
I guess I was wrong, for some reason I was thinking we sacked him that game and that no one had all season. Oh well. Could have been worse I guess. Could have been gearing up for basketball season like Doug hahah
Hound05 Wrote:I guess I was wrong, for some reason I was thinking we sacked him that game and that no one had all season. Oh well. Could have been worse I guess. Could have been gearing up for basketball season like Doug hahah

I think I remember a play in the second half where our QB was flushed out of the pocket and was tackled while running the ball. Honestly don't remember if it was a sack or not. I heard we were only sacked once going into the playoffs Great line play, quick feet and quick release passing plays make for few sacks. Our staff really helped our young offense excel with great play calling after the Danville game.

Boyle had 4 INT and 4 Fumbles ALL YEAR......was like +33 on the season w/TO's.
BCHSrebs Wrote:I was with him he snorted no kool-aid. Giids just came came out flat early and got behind early. Loved their fight and determination, just wasn't enough to take the dub. Hounds have a TON of talent! Jmho, still not enough to win that game. Incredible talent coming back but still not enough to beat Boyle. Complete respect for Corbin and the players because the fans were great and the players were incredibly talented and fun to watch. That being said, not enough time win it all.
What did he snort then? lol
Hound05 Wrote:Embarrassed??? Hahah. Even for you that is way out of the spectrum. Haha. Embarrassed pshh. You can’t even make it past the 2nd round with YOUR team and you wanna bring up Boyle county like it bothers us. BC is the OUTRIGHT CHAMP. No shame in that for me. They deserved it. Would have loved to won. But state runner up is far from embarrassment hahah. Now Whitley, yea that’s an embarrassment. A school that size and they can’t even win that region?? Hahah. But you should stick with the crying about “they steal all our good players” at least that has some merit. Bringing up a loss in the championship to one of the best offenses and best coaches in the state won’t get ya too far. I guess Whitley’s state championship will be week one though, the way the envy us and our results. Here’s a tip for the future, don’t bet on black in that one. But I do appreciate you guys scheduling us again, it’s a good warm up for a championship run, even though we’d probably be better off just playing ourselves. Embarrassment hahahah come Doug, I’ve seen you post enough to know you can do better than that.
Yes. you got embarrassed. Your defense had no answer whatsoever and the word Whitley is all you can come up with repeatedly. You might want to focus on the word defense instead of bragging how explosive the offense is. You'll thump your chest all year about lowly Whitley then get schooled in the playoffs again. Maybe you can be the last loser instead of the first loser.
Hound05 Wrote:I guess I was wrong, for some reason I was thinking we sacked him that game and that no one had all season. Oh well. Could have been worse I guess. Could have been gearing up for basketball season like Doug hahah

You couldn't even tackle the running back before he got 10 yards. A sack was impossible Confusednicker:
pjdoug Wrote:You couldn't even tackle the running back before he got 10 yards. A sack was impossible Confusednicker:

Just saying, here are the stats from the game:

Boyle had 24 First Downs, 237 yards rushing and 223 yards passing while scoring 5 TD's. :Thumbs:
pjdoug Wrote:Yes. you got embarrassed. Your defense had no answer whatsoever and the word Whitley is all you can come up with repeatedly. You might want to focus on the word defense instead of bragging how explosive the offense is. You'll thump your chest all year about lowly Whitley then get schooled in the playoffs again. Maybe you can be the last loser instead of the first loser.
And you bring up a team that’s not even yours hahahahahah😂😂😂. So yeahhhhhhh. Pretty big difference between state runner up and 2nd round runner up hahah. Like I said, Corbin just finished one of the most impressive sports runs in 2017, not to many other teams can say they went to state in football, basketball, baseball, on top of the countless region championships. At least I’m talking about my team and YOUR team. I guess I must have struck a nerve........
  •  Previous
  • 17(current)
  • Next