•  Previous
  • 10(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greenup County Football 2018
Not a Raceland thread but: the Raceland upcoming 7th grade group could be pretty solid. But I think Scott being at Greenup hurts both Raceland and Russell.

Not saying that Raceland recruits (everyone recruits but not the point im trying to make , even the teams that aren’t good) but the programs success definitely leads to kids coming (if you build it they’ll come). People in Greenup love Scott and trust the direction the program is heading. I guarantee you if Scott isn’t at Greenup their stud QB is at Raceland (imagine that Ram fans).

Not accusing Raceland of anything- making that clear- parents have their kids go to Raceland because of the consistent success and tradition. That same parent now may decide to have a shorter drive and have them play at Greenup.
I don’t know of ten kids in the last ten years that have transferred to Raceland after they have started Playing varsity football!! I’m not super close to the program so someone might be able to tell me different.All the kids that have came through the last couple years I played with most of their dads when I played so this outlook that some have on here is crazy! Like I said.....excuses
RAMDAD50 Wrote:I don’t know of ten kids in the last ten years that have transferred to Raceland after they have started Playing varsity football!! I’m not super close to the program so someone might be able to tell me different.All the kids that have came through the last couple years I played with most of their dads when I played so this outlook that some have on here is crazy! Like I said.....excuses

Nowhere did I say that. I’m talking about putting kids into the Raceland youth system from the beginning- literally was complimenting your program and everything..
KYHSFB Wrote:Nowhere did I say that. I’m talking about putting kids into the Raceland youth system from the beginning- literally was complimenting your program and everything..

But they do like to hold back straight A honor roll students in middle school to have a stud team for the upcoming 7th grade year. I believe someone referred to them as a solid team earlier, they should be playing kids a year or 2 younger than them. Now before the classy Raceland dads go get their panties in a wad, I know this is not a middle school thread, just pointing out how they get their “solid” middle school teams.
Friday Night Wrote:But they do like to hold back straight A honor roll students in middle school to have a stud team for the upcoming 7th grade year. I believe someone referred to them as a solid team earlier, they should be playing kids a year or 2 younger than them. Now before the classy Raceland dads go get their panties in a wad, I know this is not a middle school thread, just pointing out how they get their “solid” middle school teams.

As a former player and lifelong Raceland player I can assure you that not everyone here agrees with the holdback situation. Honestly I think it is embarassing that this level was stooped to. It would be different if one kid was held back but when a large group of athletes is held back I think the reasons why are pretty obvious.
Orange Blaze Wrote:As a former player and lifelong Raceland player I can assure you that not everyone here agrees with the holdback situation. Honestly I think it is embarassing that this level was stooped to. It would be different if one kid was held back but when a large group of athletes is held back I think the reasons why are pretty obvious.
They really did hurt themselves in the short run and we’ll see if it pays off in the long run but when that group held back, it left a whole class without a team for up to 3 years (7th, 8th, and Freshman).
The thing is hold backs and transfers is what high school athletics has become now ohio put a tuff rule in place bout a month ago that will really Deter some of it
The mouseketeers would never hold anybody back would they? The hipocrisy here is staggering! Hold backs are not a new thing. It was 6 kids not an entire class.
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:The mouseketeers would never hold anybody back would they? The hipocrisy here is staggering! Hold backs are not a new thing. It was 6 kids not an entire class.

Confusednicker:
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:The mouseketeers would never hold anybody back would they? The hipocrisy here is staggering! Hold backs are not a new thing. It was 6 kids not an entire class.
I didn’t say the entire class held back, I said it left a whole class without a team.
Yes that class was left with very few and just combined with the 8th grades and it did help them from what I have seen rams would be better to combine grades at the jfl level as well
BuckeyeRam Wrote:Yes that class was left with very few and just combined with the 8th grades and it did help them from what I have seen rams would be better to combine grades at the jfl level as well

It would be better to create situations with less reps for kids?
Not what I was saying but I know that there is some classes that come thru that have very low # and it doesn't hurt to combine them then
RHS Wrote:Qb is a stud and has some nice pieces around him but you are wrong again. Big drop off in talent when he graduates.
That is not true. The Musketeers will be just as strong. Very talented group following.
Friday Night Wrote:I didn’t say the entire class held back, I said it left a whole class without a team.
Regardless of what Ram-a Whatever says, if you can’t beat Greenup at a grade level.... hold them back and try to win against some younger kids. It was for the dads, not the kids. Period.
Bluegrass u are right there is a nice group behind them and should make for some great games between the two but the hold back thing sounds like a thorn stuck in ur side
BuckeyeRam Wrote:Bluegrass u are right there is a nice group behind them and should make for some great games between the two but the hold back thing sounds like a thorn stuck in ur side

Not a thorn, just some facts from someone who knows.
I agree that the games will be competitive but pending the transfers over the next few years into raceland, I believe the Musketeers have the edge.
Bluegrass Greenup doesn't get transfers?
Bahahahahah...that’s the funniest crap I’ve heard in a while!! Blue buddy...if you think that the people involved in holding kids back intent is to beat Greenup in junior high or any other level of competition you have lost your mind!! Sorry to break it to you buddy we don’t sit around worrying about beating Greenup....we just do it!! For the record I don’t think holding kids back needs to happen anywhere and it’s very very sad to think that it was done solely for sports! I don’t wanna believe that’s the case but it sure does look like it from the outside!
RAMDAD50 Wrote:Bahahahahah...that’s the funniest crap I’ve heard in a while!! Blue buddy...if you think that the people involved in holding kids back intent is to beat Greenup in junior high or any other level of competition you have lost your mind!! Sorry to break it to you buddy we don’t sit around worrying about beating Greenup....we just do it!! For the record I don’t think holding kids back needs to happen anywhere and it’s very very sad to think that it was done solely for sports! I don’t wanna believe that’s the case but it sure does look like it from the outside!

RAMDAD50 it’s the case in all schools I know, I even remember one time in middle school playoffs that Ashland forfeited to Belfry because they said Belfry had to many holdbacks. My grandson wouldn’t hold back because he like his class of kids so much but I think it’s totally that family’s choice and of the ones I know it’s purely for sports. Now I don’t know about Raceland but I do know around the schools here it’s done
womp womp!
I think sports if very important in the development of young kids but I believe in the grand scheme of this we have lost sight in what’s important and that’s safety of our kids and their Education! Hell we got 10-12 year olds playing 60 plus games baseball games a summer...WTH?? Long gone are the days of kids showing up and having fun.Now days parents think their kid is the next great thing at their sport and they go at it like it’s a business.Oh well....I’ll jump down off my soapbox now...I’m starting to feel like Scotty Hahahahah
Dont forget 22 football games a year in jfl. And the ever nutty football tournaments where the poor kid plays 3 times in 3 days. Or plays 4 times in a week.
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:Dont forget 22 football games a year in jfl. And the ever nutty football tournaments where the poor kid plays 3 times in 3 days. Or plays 4 times in a week.

So stupid. Play 8, play some sort of bowl/tournament and be done with it.

You’ll burn kids out playing that many games.
RAMDAD50 Wrote:I think sports if very important in the development of young kids but I believe in the grand scheme of this we have lost sight in what’s important and that’s safety of our kids and their Education! Hell we got 10-12 year olds playing 60 plus games baseball games a summer...WTH?? Long gone are the days of kids showing up and having fun.Now days parents think their kid is the next great thing at their sport and they go at it like it’s a business.Oh well....I’ll jump down off my soapbox now...I’m starting to feel like Scotty Hahahahah

i havent went on a rant in quite awhile thank u very much! i appreciate the recognition though lol. i agree though. i personally, have a very gifted son, two actually, but one is very casual about it. the younger of the two, is all business. he is 7 years old, going into 2nd grade, but has always played on teams with his brother that is 2 years older than him. he constantly wants to work out, go to camps, one on one training sessions, etc. thats HIM and his personal desire to be the best he can. that being said, i do my best to keep things lighthearted and at any point he says "id rather go fishing or to the movies or play with my friends" then thats what he does. too many times a kid with a natural passion and desire to be the best, gets pounced upon by parents or coaches and they lose sight of what is truly best for the kid. my kid is 7 and while i have always pledged to give he and his siblings every opportunity possible to be the best "THEM" they can possibly be, and if it were up to my youngest, hed never quit training, but at the end of the day, its my responsibility to make sure he is still a kid and more importantly, doesnt get burnt out or lose sight of what is really important in life. hows that RD?LOL
Is this the Greenup thread?
so greenup fans throw the thread into a tailspin with all the transfer and hold back talk and are frustrated when conversation continues?...any who...little brother will get get big brother again this year, this time at their place. that better coup?lol
in all seriousness, we all know GC has a legit QB and a solid RB beside him. but what else will greenup bring to the table?
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:in all seriousness, we all know GC has a legit QB and a solid RB beside him. but what else will greenup bring to the table?
Ok, ol Beagle can’t take anymore. Yea our qb is ok. But we also have some great kids on both sides of the ball besides him. It’s not bout one kid here in GC land. All the boys have worked hard to get better!!!! You ram fans wanna take over our thread, why I don’t know. You act like you compete for the State Championship every year. Everyone knows better. You guys had a great season last year, and congrats on that. But when Beechwood EMBARRASED ya’ll last year, not one negative post came from us. So just keep slinging mud, if y’all don’t win it all this year, just remember the crap y’all been posting on our site since January. We can sling mud too, but have chosen not to. So far, anyway
Beagle I am pulling for Gc but is this the year they can get it done against a mediocre Ashland team and Capture the 2 seed in that District and get a home playoff game? I know Gc has some nice pieces other than the qb but will they ever be mentally ready to get over the hill ? I didn't go to a ton of Gc or ram games last year but watched them play each other and Gc had a complete mental breakdown so are they ready for it this year ?
  •  Previous
  • 10(current)
  • Next