•  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greenup County Football 2018
GoHerd_22 Wrote:Greenup returns Brecken Thomas and Patric Kelly, two of the best players in the area.

Not to mention a stud QB.
Consistency will be the name of the game for GC moving foward. Part of that, imo, is the biggest factor in becoming a successful program again on a regular basis. Watched them twice last year. One game they looked like the real deal offensively and looked the part enough defensively as well. Then against Raceland they looked enemic on both sides of the ball. Just got to put it together week in and week out.
Will the staff be the same next season?
I believe so at the high school level. Looking for an additional coach at the middle school level.
GoHerd_22 Wrote:Greenup returns Brecken Thomas and Patric Kelly, two of the best players in the area.

I think you are going to see some good stats from these two along with Halstead. Looking forward to watching them play their final season together.
Ironton hire a coach yet?
From what i hear vass is a toss up to return right now. Also heard they Liked Fred Ray. Problem is for alot of applicants is having a teaching job. Which is something that is becoming an issue for Itown i believe.
If it’s not Vass it will be the kid from WB or PW...can’t remember where his at right now
This is what I’m being told
Word is three names will be submitted to the school board. Two KY guys and a WV guy.
Looks like anotherfootballnut was wrong. Luke Salmons was just approved as the head coach of the Ironton football program tonight.
Colley9288 Wrote:Looks like anotherfootballnut was wrong. Luke Salmons was just approved as the head coach of the Ironton football program tonight.

Are you even surprised? I think it’s absolutely hilarious, how Nut and all the rest of the Raceland trolls get on here. They reported every time someone in Ironton farted over the last two months!!!!!! Now that Ironton has supposedly picked Luke Sammons, it’s crickets again. Looks like GC keeps taking steps forward.
Now grizzle will apply for the cabell midland job.
Yes I was wrong , ironton didn’t want grizzle they offered it to Sammons but don’t relax yet word is Sammons is not gonna take it and maybe grizzle is their second choice
I am not very knowledgeable in Greenup County football but did meet a few of the young men that played for them at our game with Raceland last year (which was Pikeville) and there seems to be no love lost between the two. So my question is can Greenup County get over the plaque of the Rams from Raceland? Like I said don’t know much about their program but do know Raceland has a lot coming back from their State runner up team. Seems to me that this could be a great rivalry game and good for both teams as their seasons progress,but as always go PANTHERS!!!!
Beagle1 Wrote:Are you even surprised? I think it’s absolutely hilarious, how Nut and all the rest of the Raceland trolls get on here. They reported every time someone in Ironton farted over the last two months!!!!!! Now that Ironton has supposedly picked Luke Sammons, it’s crickets again. Looks like GC keeps taking steps forward.

Lol another step forward!!! Your head just applied elsewhere and that’s a step forward. No wonder you guys think 5-5 is a good season
Salmons, Grizzle, and Fred Ray were the 3 finalists sent to BOE.
Well then it’s down to Fred Ray and Grizzle because it’s official Sammons has turned the job down
Salmons has fone the same thing at a handful if other places from what i hear.
Patriot1 Wrote:I am not very knowledgeable in Greenup County football but did meet a few of the young men that played for them at our game with Raceland last year (which was Pikeville) and there seems to be no love lost between the two. So my question is can Greenup County get over the plaque of the Rams from Raceland? Like I said don’t know much about their program but do know Raceland has a lot coming back from their State runner up team. Seems to me that this could be a great rivalry game and good for both teams as their seasons progress,but as always go PANTHERS!!!!

No
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Well then it’s down to Fred Ray and Grizzle because it’s official Sammons has turned the job down

Fred Ray should be the guy. Grizzle would be great but Fred Ray is a great coach.
Imo, Scott doesnt have a helluva a whole lot to gain by going across the pond, unless he sees a diamond in the rough somehow. The near future is much brighter for greenup than it is in ironton. Soon, there will be no JC to deal with and Ironton eill always have to deal with Wheelersburg.
The Ironton job is only appealing bc of what it was in the past, imo.
$$$$$
May be an offer today.
Someone had a second interview recently
I will be suprised if they make a decision sooner rather than later, seeing as the last decision only left them looking again...
Offer was made yesterday.
Jeopardy music.......
And......
I like Scott I hope he takes the job so I can root for him since he would be wearing orange and black again . Ironton should’ve made him their first choice
anotherfootballnut Wrote:I like Scott I hope he takes the job so I can root for him since he would be wearing orange and black again . Ironton should’ve made him their first choice

What is the deal with this Salmons character. To hear Perry fans tell it, he pulled them along for a long time. Then he pulled this with Ironton. What's he seeking? Money? Does he just get off on feeling wanted?
  •  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next