Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pulaski County Open
Coaches,
I have resigned as Head Football Coach at Pulaski County High School. It’s been a wonderful 23 years (19 as Head Coach and 4 as Assistant) for me at Pulaski, and I have enjoyed getting to know, and competing against so many of you. I am honored to call you “friends.”

I have been offered (and accepted) a position on the coaching staff at Georgetown College, under the direction of the legendary Coach Bill Cronin. It is with a lump of bittersweet that I am moving on to Georgetown College. It has been my honor to call myself a high school football coach for the last 31 years (4 at Palm Bay High School in Melbourne, Florida, 4 at Barren County, and the last 23 at Pulaski). You guys are what makes this profession so great. So many of you I have learned from, copied from, and studied, whether you knew it or not. Thanks for all you have done for me, and for making Kentucky High School Football so wonderful. I will miss it badly.

I hope to see many of you in the near future, though it be in a different role, as I come to your school to recruit some of the fine young student-athletes that you all consistently turn out, to come join us at Georgetown in pursuit of the NAIA National Championship. I promise, I will take care of your kids.

Please feel free to contact me if I can ever do anything for you. My personal cell number and a couple emails are listed below. They won’t change.

Thanks again Coaches for allowing me to ride along for the last 27 years. God bless you. God bless your programs, and God bless Kentucky High School Football.

“When they look back on a coach’s career, they always look at the numbers,.... The wins, the Championships, the trophies..... When I look back, I see their faces.”
-Pat Summitt

John Hines
Pulaski County Maroons
I'm unsure what to think about this job. He's built a great program, but, it really wasn't anything before him. And it hasn't always been smooth sailing over the last 20 years.

Although, I've heard the next coach is already on staff there.
Congratulations. Great HS career and joining a quality program with some high expecations over the next few years.
Will Jason Foley leave Taylor County for this job?
wow what a shocking surprising congrats on being named to new position
Hearing either Josh Roberts or Jason Foley. I will be shocked if it isn’t one of these two guys.
I think Josh Roberts would be a good hire. Either one of those guys will fit right in. Hate to see Hines go, always like their program!
Rumor has it the Next Coach at PC will be Dale Anderson if he wants it. If Dale turns it down they will hire Chuck Smith, Dudley Hilton, or Phil Russell
I think the only logical hire is Josh Roberts. He’s been with the staff for years and has seen the best and worst of Pulaski. He has been a key member of the staff and has lead a defense to a State Championship. Nothing against Jason Foley but I do not think he has the qualifications to be the coach.
Willie Turnover Wrote:Rumor has it the Next Coach at PC will be Dale Anderson if he wants it. If Dale turns it down they will hire Chuck Smith, Dudley Hilton, or Phil Russell

Chuck wouldn't want the drop in pay or talent level.

Like going from Bama to Lindsey Wilson in both instances.

😎
I'm sure with all that talent they have coming up they could probably get Andy Stephens. I'm mean look what he did with all that talent at Southwestern when he took over for Dale.
FoSho Wrote:Chuck wouldn't want the drop in pay or talent level.

Like going from Bama to Lindsey Wilson in both instances.

😎

Listen I’ve got the utmost respect for Chuck Smith and your team but let’s not get carried away here. Yes Pulaski was down last year but they went to three state finals in the years before and they absolutely have a lot of talent coming up. Do I think Chuck Smith leaves for Pulaski no I don’t, do I think they’ll have trouble finding a good coach no I don’t and they’ll most likely be right back in contention too. I also am a big Johnny Hines fan congrats to a fine man!!
chs crazy Wrote:Listen I’ve got the utmost respect for Chuck Smith and your team but let’s not get carried away here. Yes Pulaski was down last year but they went to three state finals in the years before and they absolutely have a lot of talent coming up. Do I think Chuck Smith leaves for Pulaski no I don’t, do I think they’ll have trouble finding a good coach no I don’t and they’ll most likely be right back in contention too. I also am a big Johnny Hines fan congrats to a fine man!!

Trust me when I tell you. They'll bounce back for sure but they want no part of Boyle Co for the next few years.

If they do, they'll be able to schedule us since nobody else will.

😜
FoSho Wrote:Trust me when I tell you. They'll bounce back for sure but they want no part of Boyle Co for the next few years.

If they do, they'll be able to schedule us since nobody else will.

😜
I’d like to see that game, depending on who they hire as a coach I expect them to be much improved, they’ll have a really good group of juniors and their incoming sophomores are as good as the ones Boyle Co had playing last year.
Pulaski tried to play Boyle a couple years ago with Riley Hall at QB. Boyle only wanted to play after he graduated. Talk about not wanting to play someone!
According to the Liars club that meets at IGA every morning, Donnie Burdine from South Laurel is going to be the next coach at PC.
chs crazy Wrote:I’d like to see that game, depending on who they hire as a coach I expect them to be much improved, they’ll have a really good group of juniors and their incoming sophomores are as good as the ones Boyle Co had playing last year.

Their Soph class is good but not as good as Boyle, not even close. If you don't believe me......ask one of their kids. Lol
FoSho Wrote:Their Soph class is good but not as good as Boyle, not even close. If you don't believe me......ask one of their kids. Lol

I’ve watched both play......
It would be a good game. PC had a down year last year. But don’t let one year define what they can be. Everyone thought 2016 was down year but they ended up back in the State Championship.
chs crazy Wrote:I’ve watched both play......

Then I'd say you better stop critiquing high school football.

😳
A lot of Boyle's sophomores just won a state title. A lot of Pulaski's sophomores just got drilled on the first round. Right now I am going with the young Rebels.
DarthVader Wrote:A lot of Boyle's sophomores just won a state title. A lot of Pulaski's sophomores just got drilled on the first round. Right now I am going with the young Rebels.

But, but, North Pulaski won the middle school state title?!?!

😬
chs crazy Wrote:I’ve watched both play......

Last season:

Corbin - 34
Pulaski Co - 7

Corbin - 21
Boyle Co - 40

Boyle Co Sophomores scored ALL non-kicking points in the 3A Title Game.

Again....I'm not saying Pulaski doesn't have a great 2020 class, because they do.
chs crazy Wrote:I’d like to see that game, depending on who they hire as a coach I expect them to be much improved, they’ll have a really good group of juniors and their incoming sophomores are as good as the ones Boyle Co had playing last year.

You maybe getting carried away about Boyle’s sophomore class from last year if memory serves me right those sophomores scored almost all the points against Corbin in the state title game, I seriously doubt Pulaski has that kind of talent coming in the sophomore class this season.
Jack Lambert Wrote:You maybe getting carried away about Boyle’s sophomore class from last year if memory serves me right those sophomores scored almost all the points against Corbin in the state title game, I seriously doubt Pulaski has that kind of talent coming in the sophomore class this season.

I missed that he's meaning their 2021 class is as good as Boyle's 2020. I find that really hard to believe.

I know Tristan Cox is good but I guess next year if they have 8 Sophomore starters, their leading passer, receiver, and tackler......get a state championship, the title Game MVP, a Power 5 offer and a 1st team All-State (three different players) then I guess they'll be as good as Boyle's group.

........so I'm sayin' there's a chance. 😬
FoSho Wrote:But, but, North Pulaski won the middle school state title?!?!

😬

Actually Johnson Centrals Sophomore class won the middle school state title in 7th and 8th grade. Beating Bowling Green and Vito Tisdale in the finals their 8th grade year. Johnson Central May have one of the best Sophomore classes if not the best.
blackcat2001 Wrote:actually johnson centrals sophomore class won the middle school state title in 7th and 8th grade. Beating bowling green and vito tisdale in the finals their 8th grade year. Johnson central may have one of the best sophomore classes if not the best.

🙄
Can we just agree that the 2020 class in the state of KY is loaded? 2021 class is pretty dang good too.
Willie Turnover Wrote:Rumor has it the Next Coach at PC will be Dale Anderson if he wants it. If Dale turns it down they will hire Chuck Smith, Dudley Hilton, or Phil Russell

or Haddix.
zebra'seyes Wrote:I'm sure with all that talent they have coming up they could probably get Andy Stephens. I'm mean look what he did with all that talent at Southwestern when he took over for Dale.

stop being mean.