Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Middlesboro?
what is rumor and word going around about who new basketball coach going be or whatever any names being thrown around
Are you wanting the rumor or the word? You should know more about it since you are from Harlan Co!
Rumor has it... The word is Green....Green is the word.
HCHS fan they are talking about Debbie and Elgie leaving Harlan Co. and going back to Middlesboro. That's the "rumor" that is going around.
KyBoy24 Wrote:HCHS fan they are talking about Debbie and Elgie leaving Harlan Co. and going back to Middlesboro. That's the "rumor" that is going around.

I'm told from family member that its time to go back to their house that couldn't be sold. Long Drive gets old.
wow i am very surprised and shocked at this news or rumor
hchs fan Wrote:wow i am very surprised and shocked at this news or rumor

Then you must be out of the loop in Harlan. Been said all year that it was going to happen.
green is not going back
Why would she go back and get involved in that mess??
i dont see why she would leave Harlan County and go back to Middlesboro i dont see how or why that would even take place
hchs fan Wrote:i dont see why she would leave Harlan County and go back to Middlesboro i dont see how or why that would even take place

Rumor has it... She is tired of the long drives, her daughter will be at UK next year. Been told she just wants to have fun and enjoy getting to see her daughter play at UK. She feels like she has a better chance to do that at Middlesboro than Harlan Co. And will have a better group of younger players. She also feels that they will enjoy her coaching instead of being compared to "she only won because of her kid"
dont belive all of this
hchs fan Wrote:dont belive all of this

You don't or we shouldn't believe it?
They sold the house in Middlesboro and bought one in Harlan Co just after she took the job.
When does the job close?
I would think before the end of March. Know of anyone that has applied?
I'm an outsider looking in, close to the area in virginia
The girl they have now does a nice job.. hire her!!!!
Anyone heard anything about this job? Who all has applied?
i am wondoring same thing coach03
Coach03 Wrote:Anyone heard anything about this job? Who all has applied?

You don’t want no part of that mess!!!!!!
insideinfo Wrote:You don’t want no part of that mess!!!!!!

What is the mess? Who are the names?
Every school is a mess just have to look pass all that and try to win. Not saying it would be easy but worth a try, they have some talent.
Word is they are keeping in house with former asst. Best possible choice they can make after Green and Teague turned them down! No reason to hire outside assistant coaches when you have one in the program now!
Rumor has it.... This job has already been offered and accepted as of today. The jackets are staying in house and from the candidates, she was the best choice.
anybody know or heard anything offical my cousin is AD and Super of Mboro School district and i havent been told or heard anything as of yesterday
hchs fan Wrote:anybody know or heard anything offical my cousin is AD and Super of Mboro School district and i havent been told or heard anything as of yesterday

How in the world is the AD also the Super? Can't be your own boss!

Jill Harris has thrown her name in the ring as well as Troy Lee Thomas! The JACKETS maybe back in the Region.
my cousin is AD and i got another cousin that Superintendent
Far as I hear no one has been hired for the position yet. Have got 4/5 applicants and have been a few coaches contact them about the position. If hearing correct a bigger name coach in the region may be interested in it!
KyBoy24 Wrote:Far as I hear no one has been hired for the position yet. Have got 4/5 applicants and have been a few coaches contact them about the position. If hearing correct a bigger name coach in the region may be interested in it!

So glad to hear more people are getting interested in this job.
Up until two days ago I was getting worried by the names I heard that had applied, at the time none of the choices seems to be ready to be head coaches but looks like business is picking up.

Who would be the bigger name coach?
In my opinion the bigger name coaches are Teague, Burchell, Green, Walker, Mahan, and Estes.