Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
14th Region Tournament
Last time I checked Cordia was still a public school open in Knott County and since it’s a public school it is open to anyone who wants to enroll there no matter if it’s Lotts Creek, Clear Creek, or 23rd Avenue....the school is a member of the KHSAA so they where allowed to compete in the District Tournament just like every other school that is a member of the KHSAA across the state....they won there first game and advanced to the district finals....so by rule they advanced to the regional tournament...did I break it down simple enough for you?
You didn’t say anything Willie just excuses you know it’s wrong. Tell me what’s the difference between this team and the team they had 3 years ago.
I'm just glad kcc and Pcc are on the same side
Firstly, keep the personal stuff out of it. If you can't debate without resorting to name-calling you can just read what everyone else has to say for a while.
Cordia did nothing wrong this year.
Fair enough zag. I'm out. Well let the Pcc and kcc folks talk
Never heard you call out fat pat for degrading all of lots creek. But that's fine
Now, my stance on this has been pretty consistent. If the kids are eligible to play, let em play.

As long as I've been watching basketball around here (a couple decades), Cordia has NEVER had a roster of kids from Lotts Creek. I know one kid when I was in high school that switched from Perry Central to Cordia and drove from Leatherwood every day so he could play basketball. They've had transfers from Knott County, Perry Central, Perry grade schools, Hazard, Hazard Christian Academy, you name it... Cordia has always been a melting pot of transfers. Evidently people were fine with country boys transferring to Cordia, but the inner-city kids from out of state make it a problem.
Easy Wind Wrote:Fair enough zag. I'm out. Well let the Pcc and kcc folks talk

See ya!
Surely you're capable of intelligent conversation without the name-calling, but you're welcome to leave the conversation as well.
And, yes, I think it's a Cinderella story to see a school go from the brink of closure to possibly playing at Rupp.
Same here. I live in another county. And one of my best friends left as a junior and went to Cordia for his senior year. Nobody had a problem
Cordia won there games and deserves to be there just as anyone else!!!

To the statement that Hazard hasn’t beat any of the teams in this region yet. To me that means he could be due to pull one out.

From looks at the records of the teams in the region 4 teams stand out and that is Knott is 18-1 in the region ,Estill is 13-1,Perry is 12-1 and Cordia 10-4.
Why does everyone get all worked up over Cordia but rarely hear a word about schools like University Heights Academy. Most of their roster is imported or recruited. They’ve won a ton of All A state championships and one Sweet 16 championship, and are likely to win the 2nd region this year. Cordia’s situation is not new to the state.
bac2369 Wrote:Cordia won there games and deserves to be there just as anyone else!!!

To the statement that Hazard hasn’t beat any of the teams in this region yet. To me that means he could be due to pull one out.

From looks at the records of the teams in the region 4 teams stand out and that is Knott is 18-1 in the region ,Estill is 13-1,Perry is 12-1 and Cordia 10-4.

As already pointed out, the last time Cordia was favored in the 14th against Hazard they ended up going home early. Hazard lacks some firepower but none of these teams blew them out. Worse loss was to Knott by 14 and most were two-possession games.
Overlooking Estill County in this tournament would not be wise by any opponents. They’re not 23-7 for no reason.
So many salty people, being a Cordia alumni myself from Perry Co. I had all kinds of teammates my 4 years there that had no ties to the Lotts Creek Community. And for the comments comparing this team to the team that got in trouble recruiting... Coach Stacy has not recruited any one player. So you my friend were comparing apples and oranges... you lost your argument! Cordia has done everything the right way with this team, time for them to get back to work and make a few more people on BGR mad at the world
skydiver1 Wrote:You didn’t say anything Willie just excuses you know it’s wrong. Tell me what’s the difference between this team and the team they had 3 years ago.

Rod has been gone two years....Josh Hurt is coaching at Hazard.....how did these kids get to Cordia? 🤔
I don’t know how they got there? You tell us and why it’s ok!
Breathitt vs Cordia for the right to go to Rupp
Cordia will be in the finals against Perry or Knott
I don't have a dawg in this fight but look at the past! Pardon the pun Cordia has never been very successful in the regional tourney Big Al has I would rate it 50/50 or better Cordia makes an early exit they have gotten over the hump of beating Knott but Big Al rarely makes an early exit in the regional! The game against Perry was close until the last 2 minutes it got away from them.
Cordia has to be confident with this draw but I never like betting against Al Holland in a win or go home game. I could easily see Hazard pulling the upset.

Knott-Perry in the semifinals should be a great game if they both get there.
I like big AL but I think Cordia will be to much for the young Bulldogs. Cordia has a lot to play for and if you remember right the last time Cordia lost to Hazard at Perry Central in the first round of the regional tournament Hazard shot 40 free throws and had a kid by the name of chris hudson. Cordia wins this time 67-57
Cordia 67-57 over Hazard
Estill 76-58 Over Wolfe
Knott 64-58 Over Breathitt
Perry 77-62 Over Powell

Cordia 56-52 Over Estill
Knott 64-62 Over Perry

Championship
Cordia 65-64 Over Knott OT
Chris Hudson didn't make all the free throws. Matt Thompson did. Cordia was fouling on purpose and Hazard got the ball in to Matt. It was an awesome game.
blueandgoldfan Wrote:Chris Hudson didn't make all the free throws. Matt Thompson did. Cordia was fouling on purpose and Hazard got the ball in to Matt. It was an awesome game.

Hudson had a career game with 28 points and 15 rebounds....and Thompson made 17-18 free throws....was a great game....I assume this years game will be another good one!
Perry beats Hazard in the finals for the first time in school history.
You better check your history boy.
me and mine Wrote:You better check your history boy.

My bad. When was the last time Perry beat Hazard in the finals of the 14th?
And don't call me boy.