Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WYMT Mountain Top 10
HCS Wrote:Harlan County lost an all-state center to a knee injury in the WYMT tourney. She is being recruited by several schools, including a couple Division I schools. Put them both at full strength and it wouldn't be 10-15.

I agree. HC is a great team and deffenetly....IMO....The best team in the Mountains. If Gross (spelling???)...hadn't got hurt. IMO...They could have made noise at state. Even still...they are still a grea t team.
Harlan co easily #1 in the mountains!
1. Harlan Co
2. South Laurel
Tie 3. North Laurel and Shelby Valley

Those are the top teams in mountains at this stage.
Yes, I'd pick Harlan County and South as the top two. I'd go North, Clay and Shelby Valley to round out the top five - not sure of the order there.
Anyone can be beat on a given night, so I shouldn't have said that about Pike Central. They must be one of the best teams in the 15th and it sounded like Harlan County had a real good day. They aren't going to feel sorry about anyone's injuries though. They would be a top 10 with Gross, I think.
HCS Wrote:Yes, I'd pick Harlan County and South as the top two. I'd go North, Clay and Shelby Valley to round out the top five - not sure of the order there.
Anyone can be beat on a given night, so I shouldn't have said that about Pike Central. They must be one of the best teams in the 15th and it sounded like Harlan County had a real good day. They aren't going to feel sorry about anyone's injuries though. They would be a top 10 with Gross, I think.

LOL....HC...TOP.
All others better come ready to play.
Tourny time....ALL...better be ready to play!
There's a big gap at the top this year.
Whitley has dominated several region teams and they aren't anywhere close to South or HC caliber.

At this point is say its....

1. Harlan County

2. South

3. North

4. Everybody else because it doesn't matter
Jmo but it’s about matchups to me North clay Whitley can’t beat Harlan co. North and clay can beat south. South to me is only team that matches up and can beat hc when they are playing well. It’s hc to loose
Leslie is 16-3. Who are the 13th region teams not ranked with better records than Leslie.
Leslie beat North on a neutral floor. The gap definitely not that big.
North lost by a similar margin to Harlan as south did. That is with Gross playing the entire game as opposed to 1 half. I was at that game and gross was the difference maker.
MountainBaller Wrote:Leslie beat North on a neutral floor. The gap definitely not that big.
I wasn't at the game but was told Leslie played great and North played awful.. heard they shot over 30-40 3's. I wouldn't expect that same outcome if they played again, But when the point guard for Leslie is playing well that team is very dangerous.
ProudPanther Wrote:They have ZERO clue. ZERO. I'll start wtih North over South - sure North Won. But Clay Beat north and they're not in there. Can't just go on head to head. Knott County? Pike Central? Leslie? there are 2-3 13th Region teams better then them with better records..... It's like they don't do any sort of research at all....
What 4 unranked teams in the 13th have a beefed record than Leslie 17-3
Here is updated version for 2/6
1. Harlan County
2. South Laurel
3. North Laurel
4. Shelby Valley
5. Pikeville
6. Leslie County
7. Paintsville
8. Knott Central
9. Southwestern
10. Perry Central

Ive seen North Laurel twice Against Rockcastle and West Carter. They are a good, but dont see why they have them so high. I would also add Rockcastle to the bottom of the list.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Knott beats South and South moves up to #2.....???
killerb Wrote:Knott beats South and South moves up to #2.....???

cry some more there. South beat North Feb 1. then South about to go over the mountains to Buckhorn, I can't remember South Laurel going over there in the last 20 so years. they might have never been over there on Feb 3. I would say most of the player got sick on the bus going over there.
they come to the 14th regions or 15 regions 01/02 At PCC, 03/04 At PCC, in 05/06 4 games At Johnson Central. 10/11 At KCC, 15/16 At Hazard, 17/18 KCC for the WYMT classic, and KCC At Buckhorn. all of these games but the last game. they didn't have to take any roads like they have to take to get to Buckhorn. I would say, that will be the last time that coach will every take his team to Buckhorn. unless they give them a lot of money to come over there.
cj2561 Wrote:cry some more there. South beat North Feb 1. then South about to go over the mountains to Buckhorn, I can't remember South Laurel going over there in the last 20 so years. they might have never been over there on Feb 3. I would say most of the player got sick on the bus going over there.
they come to the 14th regions or 15 regions 01/02 At PCC, 03/04 At PCC, in 05/06 4 games At Johnson Central. 10/11 At KCC, 15/16 At Hazard, 17/18 KCC for the WYMT classic, and KCC At Buckhorn. all of these games but the last game. they didn't have to take any roads like they have to take to get to Buckhorn. I would say, that will be the last time that coach will every take his team to Buckhorn. unless they give them a lot of money to come over there.

Huh? Did you mother have any children that lived?
cj2561 Wrote:cry some more there. South beat North Feb 1. then South about to go over the mountains to Buckhorn, I can't remember South Laurel going over there in the last 20 so years. they might have never been over there on Feb 3. I would say most of the player got sick on the bus going over there.

Knott had to travel there also...lol:please:
Everybody including wymt knew south played without their leading scorer and point guard
killerb Wrote:Knott had to travel there also...lol:please:

for player that been on there road before. vs player (i would say (have never been to Buckhorn).
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:Here is updated version for 2/6
1. Harlan County
2. South Laurel
3. North Laurel
4. Shelby Valley
5. Pikeville
6. Leslie County
7. Paintsville
8. Knott Central
9. Southwestern
10. Perry Central

Ive seen North Laurel twice Against Rockcastle and West Carter. They are a good, but dont see why they have them so high. I would also add Rockcastle to the bottom of the list.

I have seen north 3 times this year.
1. vs. Harlan County (with gross) played them better than any team I've seen this year while Harlan was still at full strength. lost by 13 but was 5 point game until north started to foul in last 2 mins.

The others were the south games. North and South are equal in my eyes. Both games were almost the exact same but with the roles being flipped.

[Image:

]

#somekindofspecial More mash taters please!!!
North rocked Leslie last night. North was also without Gray.. arguably their most important player. I'll say it again.. north lost the first game because they shot 30-40 3's. I didn't think it would be close if they played again. The gap is just as wide as everyone said it was.
1. harlan

2. South

3.North

..everyone else
CatsFan1971 Wrote:North rocked Leslie last night. North was also without Gray.. arguably their most important player. I'll say it again.. north lost the first game because they shot 30-40 3's. I didn't think it would be close if they played again. The gap is just as wide as everyone said it was.
1. harlan

2. South

3.North

..everyone else

So it's possible North just played bad the first time around, but it's completely out of the realm of possibility that Leslie just played bad the second time?

Just making sure I understand.
zaga_fan Wrote:So it's possible North just played bad the first time around, but it's completely out of the realm of possibility that Leslie just played bad the second time?

Just making sure I understand.

Leslie was at full strength and actually won the rebounding battle in this game. they also shot a decent percentage from three. So its not like they played terrible. North was just to much for them as far as talent is concerned even without one of their top players. North didn't play a bad game the first time, they just played a dumb game so to speak. They were like 6 or 7 of 37 from the three point line and still almost won the game. There is a decent gap between the top tier teams and the lower tier teams in the mountains. With that being said I also believe that any team can beat another on any night in the mountains or not. but when it comes down to it, as far as talent is concerned, the gap i think is wide.
Sad that Belfry use to be top 10 in the mountains. Hopefully they will start to turn around soon. Valley and Pikeville diff belong but not sold on Pike Central yet.
I would argue that SV should be no. 1 or at least 2. We have only lost to one team in Kentucky this year. That was in the All Championship! We have a coach with over 500 wins(combined) and according to the newspaper in Lex. We have Miss Basketball for 2022 . When all players learn their "Role" or place, we are good.
Mjolnir Wrote:I would argue that SV should be no. 1 or at least 2. We have only lost to one team in Kentucky this year. That was in the All Championship! We have a coach with over 500 wins(combined) and according to the newspaper in Lex. We have Miss Basketball for 2022 . When all players learn their "Role" or place, we are good.

Shelby Valley beat Pike Central by 12 and Letcher Central by 13. Harlan County beat Pike by 29 and Letcher by 46.
I think the ranking is based on now, not when players learn their place or what may happen in 2022.
Hoopster007 Wrote:Huh? Did you mother have any children that lived?

You can do better than that Confusednicker:
HCS Wrote:Shelby Valley beat Pike Central by 12 and Letcher Central by 13. Harlan County beat Pike by 29 and Letcher by 46.
I think the ranking is based on now, not when players learn their place or what may happen in 2022.

I am talking now, it's all about match-ups. If you would ever schedule the top team in another region you would see. I guess now the only way we will meet is for you to win a few games at state.
Harlan County has played E-town, Anderson County twice, Casey County and South Laurel - all top 25 teams at one point or another. Shelby Valley could be the No. 1 team eventually, maybe next week, but they aren't now.