• 1(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell County 2018
thoughts and predictions on Bell County next year
hchs fan Wrote:thoughts and predictions on Bell County next year

Will it be Dudley's last year ?
If he comes in 3rd in the District again it might...... Can’t wait for his excuses to roll out..... I’m predicting they do come in 3rd again, The Pizza man, the principle, the AD, and the Bell folk rally at the superintendent office.
Bell Co will keep improving if the numbers increase and the kids buy in to the coaches.
HighViz Wrote:If he comes in 3rd in the District again it might...... Can’t wait for his excuses to roll out..... I’m predicting they do come in 3rd again, The Pizza man, the principle, the AD, and the Bell folk rally at the superintendent office.

I don't question his coaching ability. He might be tired.
I don’t question the ability either.. He is a very fundamentally sound old school coach. I’m jus saying he has a long way to go as far as gettin Bell back to the old Bell. Sayin that, I don’t think they paid him to come back to be 3rd place in the district. I’m sure the Bell folk don’t like Casey and Corbin Beatin up on them and hoping they move up a class or so. This rivalry will die again in my opinion. If Corbin is moving up, no way Dudley schedules us.
Bell returns most of their offensive output from 2017. Casey will still be good but I think they will get to 2nd in the district this season and host a playoff game.
Has Hilton pretty much let Marple take over the off season. Awards. Banquets. Weights?

Figured as much as he was being paid they would expect him to be very hands on. Have heard some rumbling about how much he isn’t around the kids. Anyone with insight?
I'm hearing good things about our Bobcats for next year! Them boys are going to be the strongest Bell County team we have had in at least a couple years. Dudley is in there working with them too. But its important that there is plenty of help. We are on our way back up the ladder in the Mountains!
Anyone know when spring ball is? I gotta get out of Arjay and go watch them boys some!
Dudley is not working with them.. Coach Marple is doing all the weights.
Spring ball will start when Dud gets back fromFlorida fishing.
Bobcat4years Wrote:Dudley is not working with them.. Coach Marple is doing all the weights.
Spring ball will start when Dud gets back fromFlorida fishing.

How does he get to take random vacations? What is his other position with the Bell Co. School System besides coaching football in the fall?
The Outsider Wrote:How does he get to take random vacations? What is his other position with the Bell Co. School System besides coaching football in the fall?
Not sure about other positions with the school but I’ve heard rumors about him participating in the quilting classes at Mountain View
and possibly starting a rose garden out in front of the rest home when it warms a bit more.
I don't see Bell being better than 3rd in the district, but with that being said, I think they win their first round playoff game.

Asking how much Ol Duds has left in the tank is valid, but if he's very hands off during the off season, then I'd say he has more than enough to go from spring practice to November. Spring ball and regular season isn't what gets you. It's the toll of weights, off season "stuff" and any of the extra stuff in the summer. Anybody can find the energy for 2 weeks in March/April and then in August. If he's limiting himself, then he's probably good to go.
TheHotSnakes Wrote:I don't see Bell being better than 3rd in the district, but with that being said, I think they win their first round playoff game.

Asking how much Ol Duds has left in the tank is valid, but if he's very hands off during the off season, then I'd say he has more than enough to go from spring practice to November. Spring ball and regular season isn't what gets you. It's the toll of weights, off season "stuff" and any of the extra stuff in the summer. Anybody can find the energy for 2 weeks in March/April and then in August. If he's limiting himself, then he's probably good to go.

You said it.
Coach Hilton is pushing 70. He aint no spring chicken! He needs to take some time to enjoy himself. He has earned it. Great coach! But I'm sure he is working harder than he is letting on. Hes a proven winner!
Spring practice started this week! This is a better looking ball team. You can tell they have been in the weight room.

The Bobcats also going have some speed this year.

Coby Frazier ran a 4.5 flat 40 yard dash
Jason jones ran a 4.65
Tanner Asher ran a 4.72

Thats a nice back field
Really good numbers out for spring. I counted 40 players the first two days and look much faster and much better Lineman.. 18 will be a great year!
ArJay Wrote:Coach Hilton is pushing 70. He aint no spring chicken! He needs to take some time to enjoy himself. He has earned it. Great coach! But I'm sure he is working harder than he is letting on. Hes a proven winner!

Hey!! Who said pushing 70 isn't a Spring chicken??!!
Confusednicker:

I hope Bell Co rebounds well, and I believe they will. Harlan County is pretty much starting from scratch, but the boys are really working hard and we have plenty of players.

You know, when one team in your region improves, it only helps to improve your home team!!
Amen
I need to get up and see this bunch of up coming Bobcats! Getting the Ol' Coach back will start really paying off this year. He knows how to get them tough holler boys to be their best. Looks like we got some good backs. We just need to keep getting better!
We looked good in that spring game! Good numbers. It looked like several of them boys were playing baseball and weren't allowed to scrimmage. We are starting to look like Old Bell County teams again! Still re-building, but you can tell we been in the weight room!
Off season training really does make all the difference in the world!!
Now that baseball is over Bell should be hitting their stride in football workouts with everyone there hitting the weights and getting out on the field! Can't wait until August!
In my opinion a coach who is a proven winner time and again will always be a winner regardless of age. It's like riding a bike lol. This man knows how to build a team and program and I fully expect Bell to be a top area team again within a few more seasons.
Redds Apple Wrote:Spring practice started this week! This is a better looking ball team. You can tell they have been in the weight room.

Jason jones ran a 4.65
Tanner Asher ran a 4.72

Thats a nice back field

Are these laser timed ? If not throw them away.:dontthink
Redds Apple Wrote:Spring practice started this week! This is a better looking ball team. You can tell they have been in the weight room.

Jason jones ran a 4.65
Tanner Asher ran a 4.72

Thats a nice back field
:dontthink
9-1 regular season
Will be in regional finals.
Dud was showing me weight increase in each player. One of the strongest teams he has ever had.
Coby Frazier will be a stud behind that strong OL..
Bobcat4years Wrote:9-1 regular season
Will be in regional finals.
Dud was showing me weight increase in each player. One of the strongest teams he has ever had.
Coby Frazier will be a stud behind that strong OL..
Who are they going to lose to?
pjdoug Wrote:Who are they going to lose to?

hahahhaha.. That's a good one doug. Don't ask questions you already know the answer to!!!! DAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSS HOUNDDDDDZZZZZ:redboxer:
  • 1(current)
  • Next