• 1(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greenup County Football 2018
Grizzle is brings back a high octane offense for 2018 season. Will Greenup be in the running for District Championship?
If JC is ineligible they have a chance.
Greenup is greenup can’t get out of their own way
The defense is going to have to improve before they can be a contender. The defense has struggled the past two seasons.
JC will have their work cut out for them this offseason trying to establish a passing game.
Jc won’t need a passing game to beat greenup
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Jc won’t need a passing game to beat greenup

If Greenup can get their defense on track they give JC all they want. They moved the ball against JC very consistently for the first half of the game.
Bama-Cat Wrote:If Greenup can get their defense on track they give JC all they want. They moved the ball against JC very consistently for the first half of the game.

Well to bad for geeenup you play 4 quarters . You can’t be serious thinking greenup can compete with jC , your program is not there they are on a different level . Cant even compete with Raceland you must be one of the guys after the 7 on 7 last year saying how they are gonna beat jc last year lol
Glad to see that finally getting to the title game (40 years after GC did it) didnt change how classy ram fans are.
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Well to bad for geeenup you play 4 quarters . You can’t be serious thinking greenup can compete with jC , your program is not there they are on a different level . Cant even compete with Raceland you must be one of the guys after the 7 on 7 last year saying how they are gonna beat jc last year lol
To be fair, in my opinion and I watched Greenup play multiple times and Raceland play multiple times I thought that Greenup was better- it just happens that Raceland beat them when they played.
Greenup will continue to improve. They have definitely separated from the bottom 3 in their district but with Ashland showing improvement and JC being JC they sit in 3rd.
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Well to bad for geeenup you play 4 quarters . You can’t be serious thinking greenup can compete with jC , your program is not there they are on a different level . Cant even compete with Raceland you must be one of the guys after the 7 on 7 last year saying how they are gonna beat jc last year lol
Greenup almost beat Ashland. I pretty sure Ashland beat JC for the Distric Championship. So yes I'm pretty sure Greenup can compete with JC.
I hope that Greenup County continues to improve and can become competitive with JC and Ashland on an annual basis. A more competitive district will produce a stronger state title contender.

But...next year's JC team should be much better than this year's edition. JC was very young this season and will be more experienced next year. Add Joe Jackson's 2,300 yards and 13 yards per carry average to the mix, and it is unlikely that either Ashland or Greenup will be competitive with the Golden Eagles next season.
KYHSFB Wrote:To be fair, in my opinion and I watched Greenup play multiple times and Raceland play multiple times I thought that Greenup was better- it just happens that Raceland beat them when they played.

Yes the score really showed how much better greenup was lol
Bama-Cat Wrote:Greenup almost beat Ashland. I pretty sure Ashland beat JC for the Distric Championship. So yes I'm pretty sure Greenup can compete with JC.

Great so now we gets points for almost beating teams sweet
Coupon21 Wrote:Glad to see that finally getting to the title game (40 years after GC did it) didnt change how classy ram fans are.

Thank you , congratulations on being greenup co and will never go back
Same stuff from you guys every year , we are gonna be great this , this year team is the best in 80 years blah blah blah and what happens 6-4 5-5 , best mediocre program in the state
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Same stuff from you guys every year , we are gonna be great this , this year team is the best in 80 years blah blah blah and what happens 6-4 5-5 , best mediocre program in the state

Not everyone is lucky enough to play in watered down 1A. Put your team in a district with Ashland & Johnson Central. They would finish 3rd and not make it out of the second round of the playoffs.

Greenup is in the toughest district in 4A. They played Ashland down to the wire and were very competive with JC for much of that game. They also beat a good Russell team on the road. Grizzle is building that program up, it takes time. They will continue to be better in 2018. They have a lot of players back. I think they should 8 games next year and have a chance to beat Ashland for home playoff game.
we wouldn't know. the only two 1A games on our schedule were disteict games that we had to play. Paintsville or Pikeville either one would have crushed the mousketeers.
GoHerd_22 Wrote:Not everyone is lucky enough to play in watered down 1A. Put your team in a district with Ashland & Johnson Central. They would finish 3rd and not make it out of the second round of the playoffs.

Greenup is in the toughest district in 4A. They played Ashland down to the wire and were very competive with JC for much of that game. They also beat a good Russell team on the road. Grizzle is building that program up, it takes time. They will continue to be better in 2018. They have a lot of players back. I think they should 8 games next year and have a chance to beat Ashland for home playoff game.

Yes we could get a stronger schedule by dropping greenup co and picking up Boy Scout group 77 but it’s a good gate
Greenup played probably the worst against Raceland then any other team on their schedule this past season. I believe the coaching played a big factor in this game. Greenup was a much better team statistically then Raceland was this past season on the offense side of the ball. Defense is where Greenup has to step it up. Greenup could have played with Paintsville and Pikeville just because of there offense was averaging like 34 points a game. They would have probably lost because of the defense being weak.
Bama-Cat Wrote:Greenup played probably the worst against Raceland then any other team on their schedule this past season. I believe the coaching played a big factor in this game. Greenup was a much better team statistically then Raceland was this past season on the offense side of the ball. Defense is where Greenup has to step it up. Greenup could have played with Paintsville and Pikeville just because of there offense was averaging like 34 points a game. They would have probably lost because of the defense being weak.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
I'd say the bashing is due to them trying to discredit your program in hopes that they can steal a few of your players. I love the message it sends the kids on your own team when you're on social media begging Santa Claus for players.
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

That's a good answer lol
It’s good to see that there is at least some excitement around the Greenup program now. A few years ago they were basically dead as a program. I really do think they will continue to improve next year. With that being said I don’t see them challenging JC for the district next year. I feel like everyone forgets that an over 2,000 yard running back was out for this entire season in Joe Jackson. Having arguably the best running back in 4A back next year will completely change JCs offense.
Micro-Brew Wrote:I'd say the bashing is due to them trying to discredit your program in hopes that they can steal a few of your players. I love the message it sends the kids on your own team when you're on social media begging Santa Claus for players.

Lol yes I’m begging Santa hoping he reads this message board and brings us some players , your a genius man can’t slide one by you
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I hope that Greenup County continues to improve and can become competitive with JC and Ashland on an annual basis. A more competitive district will produce a stronger state title contender.

But...next year's JC team should be much better than this year's edition. JC was very young this season and will be more experienced next year. Add Joe Jackson's 2,300 yards and 13 yards per carry average to the mix, and it is unlikely that either Ashland or Greenup will be competitive with the Golden Eagles next season.

Agree, when JC gets a healthy Jackson back next season, they will be a force to be reckoned with. The perfect storm for JC lead to the Tomcat victory this year. Don’t get me wrong Ashland was very strong and had a great season but I don’t think they would have beat a healthy JC team.
It stinks for Greenup to be in the same district as JC but I think GC fans are pretty pleased with their progress so far under Grizzle. Looking forward to watching them next year.
Greenup had 8 players selected for all area. 4 players were seniors and the the rest will be returning for next year. Should make for exciting season### WIN THE DAY
Just a suggestion , you seem to be confused on the word WIN because you think almost beating someone and playing with JC for 5 minutes and getting shut out by Raceland and saying your better . How about changing your # to .. playthegamedontmatterehatthescoreiswewillcallitawin
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Just a suggestion , you seem to be confused on the word WIN because you think almost beating someone and playing with JC for 5 minutes and getting shut out by Raceland and saying your better . How about changing your # to .. playthegamedontmatterehatthescoreiswewillcallitawin
You're literally the one bad egg in what is a nice and friendly fan base.

The worst thing to happen to Raceland is that Grizzle is the head coach at Greenup, if TJ leaves a couple years later and Grizzle is hired Raceland would have a much brighter future. Grizzle would've pushed them to the next level. Raceland won't decline now but they'll stay the same.

As for Greenup, they'll be the best team in the county if they stick with Grizzle.
  • 1(current)
  • Next