Poll: Who Wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Danville
47.22%
Mayfield
52.78%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Danville vs. Mayfield (2A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP)
killbilly usmc Wrote:You can't blame snakesnot for not knowing how to take pj doug since he is new, to this particular site. A lot of us like to cut up, and bust balls, but you have to admit pj doesn't add many serious post to this site. Most post at least 90 percent serious post and troll a little. He trolls 99 percent of the time.

There is no way I could put together a string of words to refute that. Hahaha. Sorry doug I tried but he is 99% right
smoke1015 Wrote:Mayfield, hands down, has the most "elitist" football attitudes of any fan base I've seen. If this goes over to personal and community life, holy cow. I know they are lucky to have got a lot of the athletes they did. As bad as they didn't want to merge with Dunbar (that elitist attitude), I'm sure fans are somewhat grateful now. I guess that's they way of much of the country, but still, there were some that didn't fight against integration. ANyways, hoping the little school that has always had big talent, and friendly people, Danville pulls off the victory.

You obviously have NO idea what you are talking about, we have a passionate fan base, but ELITST? What elite person or persons are leading our (football attitudes)?:dontthink
smoke1015 Wrote:Mayfield, hands down, has the most "elitist" football attitudes of any fan base I've seen. If this goes over to personal and community life, holy cow. I know they are lucky to have got a lot of the athletes they did. As bad as they didn't want to merge with Dunbar (that elitist attitude), I'm sure fans are somewhat grateful now. I guess that's they way of much of the country, but still, there were some that didn't fight against integration. ANyways, hoping the little school that has always had big talent, and friendly people, Danville pulls off the victory.
Mayfield was supposed to merge with Dunbar? That would be one heck of a bus ride to school. And they hate on corbin for pulling from 3 counties, couldn’t imagine 20!

Smoke I think you’ve got something crossed somewhere or I’ve misread that post over and over
Hound05 Wrote:Mayfield was supposed to merge with Dunbar? That would be one heck of a bus ride to school. And they hate on corbin for pulling from 3 counties, couldn’t imagine 20!

Smoke I think you’ve got something crossed somewhere or I’ve misread that post over and over

He is correct about there being a Dunbar. When schools were segregated, there was a Dunbar school here in Mayfield, on 12th St. It now serves as the bus garage. I'm not sure how that has anything to do with elitest though. Those were different times when a lot of folks had phobias about integration. I'm sure that was a hurdle to overcome across the nation. But, just like in the movie, Remember the Titans, they got past it and have embraced it. I don't think you will find a kid or parent in Mayfield that would want to change it now. What was once a fear is now a love.
I for one, actually hate that someone felt they had to bring up such a past.
Hound05 Wrote:Mayfield was supposed to merge with Dunbar? That would be one heck of a bus ride to school. And they hate on corbin for pulling from 3 counties, couldn’t imagine 20!

He is talking about another DUNBAR school, long, long time ago there was another school in mayfield called dunbar.
mysonis55 Wrote:He is correct about there being a Dunbar. When schools were segregated, there was a Dunbar school here in Mayfield, on 12th St. It now serves as the bus garage. I'm not sure how that has anything to do with elitest though. Those were different times when a lot of folks had phobias about integration. I'm sure that was a hurdle to overcome across the nation. But, just like in the movie, Remember the Titans, they got past it and have embraced it. I don't think you will find a kid or parent in Mayfield that would want to change it now. What was once a fear is now a love.

Welp, I learned something today. I did not know that. I thought it was a little weird for smoke to say something like that, because he is very knowledgeable about football. But it makes sense now. But I’m also with you on it relating to all of this somehow?
Hound05 Wrote:Welp, I learned something today. I did not know that. I thought it was a little weird for smoke to say something like that, because he is very knowledgeable about football. But it makes sense now. But I’m also with you on it relating to all of this somehow?

It does'nt relate to this.:Shaking:
killbilly usmc Wrote:You can't blame snakesnot for not knowing how to take pj doug since he is new, to this particular site. A lot of us like to cut up, and bust balls, but you have to admit pj doesn't add many serious post to this site. Most post at least 90 percent serious post and troll a little. He trolls 99 percent of the time.

I'll try to start being more serious and cry like a baby every time I don't agree with an arrogant Mayfield fan that has diarrhea of the mouth. just kidding :trolldad2:
killbilly usmc Wrote:Mayfield is 4-0 in title games I've attended. They are 1-2 when I stayed home, and listen to radio. I can't attend this year unfortunately, hope this isn't a bad omen. I would love to watch online, but if it's as bad as they say I don't want to waste my money. Guess wymc will have to do.

Have you ever attended a Danville- Mayfield championship game ?
Took a glance at the film. First impressions from a MF perspective: 1. MF will score some points if they stay balanced and can get JS settled in early. 2. Whereas last week was about the interior defense, this week will be about the edge and perimeter folks. If Smith and Q can set the edge and feed everything back inside, MF will be fine. Nate and Markeacio will need to have big games and play disciplined. 3. Danville has played some really bad teams in the playoffs. Just hard to watch some of those teams. I've seen several middle school teams that execute better and are more fundamentally sound. 4. Danville is very good up front, especially defensively. 5. Danville's QB is a lock-on and throw to the first guy kind of QB. Read progression isn't really there at this point. 5. Danville's LBs and DBs (with the exception of safety obviously) are better than CALs. 6. This will be a very tough game. The winner will have definitely earned their trophy.
mysonis55 Wrote:After viewing the film in detail, I can see simple adjustments that will take away most of the Ads O.

I'm sad to hear that you have already disabled the Danville offense from so far away. They should save themselves the 45 minute drive and just stay home where it's warm .
pjdoug Wrote:I'll try to start being more serious and cry like a baby every time I don't agree with an arrogant Mayfield fan that has diarrhea of the mouth. just kidding :trolldad2:

Wow!:booo:
rookie57 Wrote:Wow!:booo:

:Thumbs:
:Hammer3:
Willie Turnover Wrote:Danville 41-6
pjdoug Wrote:Have you ever attended a Danville- Mayfield championship game ?

No I haven't listened to my first in 09 my daughters couisin was playing, ended up becoming a big fan listened in the next 2 years in 10, and 11, and went to 4 straight 12-15.
killbilly usmc Wrote:No I haven't listened to my first in 09 my daughters couisin was playing, ended up becoming a big fan listened in the next 2 years in 10, and 11, and went to 4 straight 12-15.

For excitement the first one, 1987, was the best.

Danville had a bunch of turnovers but moved the ball well (Donnie Redd and Tim McDaniel both had over 100 yards rushing). Schlosser (?) had some great plays with his arm for Mayfield.

Admirals built a 17-7 lead in the 4th quarter but the Cardinals came back to tie it and force Overtime.

Danville scored on 3rd down in their possession when Freshman RB David Walker ran it in for a TD to make it 24-17.

Mayfield scored on 2nd down in their possession and decided to tie it and send it to another OT.

The same kid, Walker, came in from the Admiral left side and blocked the EP kick and ended the game.

One of the most dramatic Title endings I've ever seen. I was on the sideline doing radio for the game and it was the best of the series IMO.
That David Walker that blocked the extra point in 87 is the Father of current Danville wide receiver/DB David Walker
ThinThirty Wrote:That David Walker that blocked the extra point in 87 is the Father of current Danville wide receiver/DB David Walker

David was a great player that threw away his chances in High School. I hope he is doing better now in life. :Thumbs:
pjdoug Wrote:Have you ever attended a Danville- Mayfield championship game ?

I attended a O'Cath vs. Danville game at Danville. The only meeting of the schools in 2010 in the Semi finals. O'Cath won.

I think Mayfield wins. Obviously they have nothing to lose.
Time Will Tell Wrote:I attended a O'Cath vs. Danville game at Danville. The only meeting of the schools in 2010 in the Semi finals. O'Cath won.

I think Mayfield wins. Obviously they have nothing to lose.

I'm not sure what that has to do with my question.
Why was the intergration thing even brought up.Im sure Danville had to go through segregation just as Mayfield did.All here embraced it and prospered i can remember the first day the black kids came to Washington elementary in the sixxties we all incorporated and got along well,so dont make it out it was just a Mayfield thing you make yourself sound foolish.!!!!!!
barnabus_c2001 Wrote:Why was the intergration thing even brought up.Im sure Danville had to go through segregation just as Mayfield did.All here embraced it and prospered i can remember the first day the black kids came to Washington elementary in the sixxties we all incorporated and got along well,so dont make it out it was just a Mayfield thing you make yourself sound foolish.!!!!!!

Danville probably desegregated about the same time.

It was Bate High School that was integrated with Danville High School. :Thumbs:
Hatz Wrote:Danville probably desegregated about the same time.

It was Bate High School that was integrated with Danville High School. :Thumbs:

I need to find records of an ancestor at the nervous hospital in Danville .
I'm gonna take the cards by less than a touchdown. I could see Danville being up by three late and mayfield scoring a touchdown to win it.
pjdoug Wrote:I'm not sure what that has to do with my question.

Simple. That was then and this is now. Yes, Danville has had alot of success vs. Mayfield in the PAST.

Been along time since these guys have played.
I have watched the film on Danville... and (yes this is a shot) they don't seem that impressive... it could be the level of competition they were playing, but the the opposing teams just had terrible fundamentals and didn't play the game well (filling holes, following guards, shedding blocks) I think they come into this game and meet a well coached and fundamentally sound team that rarely makes a mistake and plays fast and physical... and are in for the fight of their lives. IMO if Mayfield brings their A- game, they still come out with a W..... IF THEY COME TO PLAY (A+) like they should, I don't see Danville winning. If both teams are turnover free, I say Mayfield wins by 14
Hatz Wrote:David was a great player that threw away his chances in High School. I hope he is doing better now in life. :Thumbs:

I was friends with David back in high school. I agree, he was a great player that wasn't disciplined enough for football (and Sam Harp) at the time. His brother Willie was a great pitcher for Danville also. Stayed maybe a week at St. Catherines on a full scholarship and was back at home.
I spoke to David a few years ago, ran into him at Giovanni's in Danville. Had that same smile on his face as he always did!
rookie57 Wrote:You obviously have NO idea what you are talking about, we have a passionate fan base, but ELITST? What elite person or persons are leading our (football attitudes)?:dontthink

Ok...Mayfield has a super humble fan base...

Dunbar was a "colored" school. Mayfield was white. Obviously, and being quite intentionally stereotypical (it's a good stereotype though), it didn't hurt their athleticism, in the long run, as a football team. One reason I root for Danville, aside from working there for years, it is truly a tiny little school with very few kids. Mayfield feels like more of a merger of Boyle and Danville kids, although on a much smaller population level. I have never been there however. I watched them play you guys a couple of years ago and couldn't believe the offensive line talent they had. You guys probably should've won that one but coach went for the 2 and the win. I felt you had them worn down and tired and could have beaten them in OT.
  •  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next