2341 Rushing Yards
726 Rushing Yards Allowed
1132 Passing Yards
1400 Passing Yards Allowed

All time Western leads 1-0
Wayne 7-1 vs top 7000 teams

Western 2-4
Wayne Co. 41-6
I think this game will be very interesting.
Nobody will be there. Depending on weather, field will be disastrous.
Gonna be hard for Wayne to experience it for the first time.
However I do expect them to sneak by in a low scoring game.
Tommy2tone Wrote:I think this game will be very interesting.
Nobody will be there. Depending on weather, field will be disastrous.
Gonna be hard for Wayne to experience it for the first time.
However I do expect them to sneak by in a low scoring game.

We were there 13 years ago. Same staff and some of the kids playing Friday were carrying water. We had more fans that night. 5 times that many cardinal faithful fans travel now.

Western is a different place to play. They were painting the field while we were warming up last time.
Wayne County are on a mission and Western isn't stopping them. The Cardinals take region 35-7 and head back home to get a rematch with JC.
Wayne by 14
Better take you own record player and speaker if it's anything like when Rock played at Moore over at the Wayne/Western game and you want to honor the flag during the national anthem. Otherwise it's an acapella rendering like Rock fans had to do. I honestly hope the Wayne folks don't run into that crap. Kneeling during the national anthem and then cutting off the anthem music mid song is just that....crap. Good luck to Wayne County!
Wayne County 28-14
papagrit Wrote:Better take you own record player and speaker if it's anything like when Rock played at Moore over at the Wayne/Western game and you want to honor the flag during the national anthem. Otherwise it's an acapella rendering like Rock fans had to do. I honestly hope the Wayne folks don't run into that crap. Kneeling during the national anthem and then cutting off the anthem music mid song is just that....crap. Good luck to Wayne County!

I hope Wayne acts the same as Rock did.
I think Western is going to pull the upset 20-16. I have a strong feeling Wayne County is going to get shock at the athletes Western have and will not be able to pass the ball like they usually do. And not to mention Westerns Dline had 6 sacks against Knox County.
cavery59 Wrote:I think Western is going to pull the upset 20-16. I have a strong feeling Wayne County is going to get shock at the athletes Western have and will not be able to pass the ball like they usually do. And not to mention Westerns Dline had 6 sacks against Knox County.
First of all Wayne has athletes too second of all Wayne isn't Knox Central so good luck getting 6 sacks on the Cards!!
Wayne County 28
Western 14
:popcorn:
Wayne 31
Wesrwen 17
Western defense is really good. And shouldn’t be taken lightly. And 41-7 you must be out your mind for that score. Hell they play Male and scored more than that. Every time a pass happy team plays a great defensive team that can run the ball. It’s typically a closer game than usual.
cavery59 Wrote:Western defense is really good. And shouldn’t be taken lightly. And 41-7 you must be out your mind for that score. Hell they play Male and scored more than that. Every time a pass happy team plays a great defensive team that can run the ball. It’s typically a closer game than usual.

I can agree with that. I think that it will be a two touchdowns or less game. 28-14 one way or the other depending on ball possession and turnovers. Wayne better hold on to the ball and I think they have the better chance. Wayne turns the ball over then it may be a tilt the other way. Either way I don't think anyone will score much more than four touchdowns.
cavery59 Wrote:Western defense is really good. And shouldn’t be taken lightly. And 41-7 you must be out your mind for that score. Hell they play Male and scored more than that. Every time a pass happy team plays a great defensive team that can run the ball. It’s typically a closer game than usual.

Western has some nice players on defense, but ...

Wayne is hardly pass happy: 355 Rushes for 2117 yds vs. 252 passes 2502 yds.

They can just do both.
Western has a very good football team, that has won seven in a row going into Friday night and two of their four losses were by one point each, so this will be a hard-nosed get after it type of football game. As basically with any championship game turnovers, field-position battle and those types of things will be key. Looking at the Louisville CJ article they remind me a bit of Central as it all starts with an aggressive and swarming defense. Having said all that I do think having roughly 15 guys that have started in a regional championship game and half those have started and won two regional championship games should give Wayne a big experience edge. Wayne County is the favorite but you have to line up, execute and play 48 minutes. The team that does that the best will win, the team that doesn't will empty their locker room.
Somebody mentioning Knox Central, which I'm a fan of the job their coach did this season, please understand that game was running clock the entire second half and 51-7 at one point, so no need to compare scores, as the only score that matters we'll see at around 10 pm Friday night.
Go Cards!
Good luck to the Cards. Linsey mobile enough to avoid a lot of pass rushers and receivers are smart route runners which will help if the pass blocking breaks down. The word from the Louisville district was that Moore was actually the best team. They did have Western beaten until 2 late scores cost them the game. Wayne has a very good running tandem with Ruiz and Linsey in the backfield if they need to rely on their run game more. I believe they win by at least 14 unless the weather is a big factor.

No one said Wayne will win 41-7, I agree with you anyone who picks that score is out of their mind. I know it will not be that close , Wayne 41-6 :Thumbs:
Western with the homefield advantage. Give me Western 16-15
Fan of Jewell Field Wrote:Western has a very good football team, that has won seven in a row going into Friday night and two of their four losses were by one point each, so this will be a hard-nosed get after it type of football game. As basically with any championship game turnovers, field-position battle and those types of things will be key. Looking at the Louisville CJ article they remind me a bit of Central as it all starts with an aggressive and swarming defense. Having said all that I do think having roughly 15 guys that have started in a regional championship game and half those have started and won two regional championship games should give Wayne a big experience edge. Wayne County is the favorite but you have to line up, execute and play 48 minutes. The team that does that the best will win, the team that doesn't will empty their locker room.
Somebody mentioning Knox Central, which I'm a fan of the job their coach did this season, please understand that game was running clock the entire second half and 51-7 at one point, so no need to compare scores, as the only score that matters we'll see at around 10 pm Friday night.
Go Cards!

Can't really mention scores of opponents. Remember KC beat Rock handily. Worse than Wayne co did. If I am not mistaken Western has some former Coaches from Central, so they know how to win big games and play defense.

With that said I think Wayne Co. moves on 21-14.
CoachNM0523 Wrote:Western with the homefield advantage. Give me Western 16-15

Holding Wayne to 15 will be a pretty tall order. Only Boyle has accomplished that feat. Wayne helped them a little that night too. Weather looks like it is going to hold off till after the game. If Wayne defense limits Western to 16( just under their average allowed) I’m confident Wayne will leave with their third Regional Championship. Roll Cards.
Western has the athletes but i dont think they have seen a team as physical as Wayne. ill take the cards 38-7
I don’t think Wayne has seen a secondary like Western either. And experience over 90% of Western team is seniors. And they have played some of the best competition Louisville has to offer. It’s going to be a close game. I still got Western by 4 20-16.
Cardinals !
pjdoug couldn't have said it any better 🏈C-A-R-D-I-N-A-L-S🏈
cavery59 Wrote:I don’t think Wayne has seen a secondary like Western either. And experience over 90% of Western team is seniors. And they have played some of the best competition Louisville has to offer. It’s going to be a close game. I still got Western by 4 20-16.

Want to talk about experience?
Almost all Wayne County's 15 seniors started or played in 2 regional championship games.The QB Lorenzo Linsey as a sophomore and junior led the cardinals to wins in those regional championship games. The cardinals have 10 times the experience Western has. Also the cardinals have seen some very good secondary's, and have continued to throw the ball effectively.
It's going to take A LOT to stop these Cards from scoring.
Like I said , they are on a mission and nothing is stoping them.
Roll Cards!
Good luck to Coach Thompson and Cardinals.
They some crow cooked up in this one.