•  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Class AAA Regional Championship: Belfry @ Louisville Central
I think they will have moderate success in the middle Wellman and Fields will be ready the rest takes care of itself on offense we will run at them they will get some stops but not consistently so Belfry wins
I think Avery Browning is the key to this game. I look back to the Johnson Central game (and to a lesser extent Lawrence County) as my measuring stick. Johnson Central had Belfry's run game under control for the first half and a held a lead 19-0. It was a well timed and placed Avery pass that changed the momentum of the game when Avery hit Taveon Hunter for Belfry's first TD of the game. He would toss another one later in the game. Avery's little used but effective passing kept the Eagles from really dialing in on the run and Avery's couple of passes loosened them up enough for the Pirates to finally find running room. I think they tested this a few weeks earlier when Avery went 3/3 with 3 tds against Lawrence Co. a team who usually plays the Belfry run well.

If Browning goes to the air 2-3 times and makes key completions then I think it will prevent Central from going all in on the run and make them respect the speed at which the Pirates can score.

Looking for a classic game, I predict Belfry wins 21-19 with the Pirates getting one of their TD's through the air.
Belfry is a well coached team. I see them getting another ring this year
Belfry takes it with no problem 42-7
Tiger for life 99 Wrote:Belfry is a well coached team. I see them getting another ring this year

Yep, I’ll give you the coaching. Class act in Haywood but Central is a different team at home. Poor poor defense up front for Belfry will allow Central to ride that middle all night. Suck them in and then you will see the outside speed of Central. Kind of reminds of Belfry’s strategy. Lol. I’d love to be the team to finally knock Belfry off the perch but Central will beat us to it.
Redonthehound Wrote:Yep, I’ll give you the coaching. Class act in Haywood but Central is a different team at home. Poor poor defense up front for Belfry will allow Central to ride that middle all night. Suck them in and then you will see the outside speed of Central. Kind of reminds of Belfry’s strategy. Lol. I’d love to be the team to finally knock Belfry off the perch but Central will beat us to it.

Kinda like your analysis of our game with Corbin last year you didn’t know what you was talking about then and you don’t now

:truestory:
You are hoping!!! See you next Friday for another beat down.. Belfry 5-peat Go Belfry!!!!!!
Belfry wins this 48-14. And bring on Corbin for another catch me if you can hunter.. Belfry wins this 52-14 Go Belfry!!!!!!
Cakebattermatters Wrote:Jackets by 18. No issues here, way too much speed.

The back for Belfry, last year (as a junior), would have been faster than any kid Central has right now. So now that kid is a year stronger, and a year faster...Central may have more overall speed, I have no idea. Belfry is always faster than some give them credit for. When your line is dominate you can get by with 4.8 running backs, even if the other team has a 4.5 or even 4.4 guy. I bet Belfry's kid runs a 4.4, or less!
smoke1015 Wrote:The back for Belfry, last year (as a junior), would have been faster than any kid Central has right now. So now that kid is a year stronger, and a year faster...Central may have more overall speed, I have no idea. Belfry is always faster than some give them credit for. When your line is dominate you can get by with 4.8 running backs, even if the other team has a 4.5 or even 4.4 guy. I bet Belfry's kid runs a 4.4, or less!

Belfry has some speed, Taveon is probably a high 4.4 or low 4.5 guy, he ran an 11.18 in the 100 meter at state last year. Belfry also has a weapon in Sophomore Peyton Hensley who is the backup fullback. In a backup roll this year Peyton is 3rd on the team in rushing and td's and ran an 11.5 in the 100 meter as a freshman, he adds a dynamic to FB that teams aren't used to from Belfry. Usually the Belfry FB is a bruising back who pounds the yards. Hensley is a bruising back who hits the hole hard, fights to stay on his feet and once he sees daylight is a threat to hit paydirt every time.
Redonthehound Wrote:Yep, I’ll give you the coaching. Class act in Haywood but Central is a different team at home. Poor poor defense up front for Belfry will allow Central to ride that middle all night. Suck them in and then you will see the outside speed of Central. Kind of reminds of Belfry’s strategy. Lol. I’d love to be the team to finally knock Belfry off the perch but Central will beat us to it.

Just reminded me that I never gave you your avatar from losing the bet last year...

Redonthehound Wrote:I'll lay my money on the Hounds and meet at the concession stand to collect. Any takers? If betting money is a no no on here then make it something else. But I'll wager whatever you want.

EKUAlum05 Wrote:We'll make a nice friendly wager

I have went over 5+ years with this avatar and haven't lost a bet on it yet.

Corbin wins and you can change it until the start of next season to a crying Jordan with a Belfry hat and the final score

Belfry wins and you rock it for a year except with a Corbin hat.

You game?

I particularly like this post
Redonthehound Wrote:I'm assuming you're speaking about me. Lol. Definitely not a pirate fan trying to give them bulletin board material. Granted they will need it. lol. A long time poster under a different username but had to start a new account due to losing my email password. I guess I'm just one of the few posters that isn't too impressed with the Pirates. One of the few I guess. Lol. I just call it like I see it. Belfry can't beat this Corbin team and I'll wager anything on it. EKU and 99 you're on for any bet. Avatar or whatever. I'll be man enough to accept the outcome if the Pirates pull the upset. Game on. Still holding true to prediction. Belfry can't hold this offense under 30 points and Belfry can't put up more than 21. Game on.

42>21 17<30

I was starting to worry about Central, but with redonthehounds' confidence that central will win I am starting to like Belfry's chances a whole lot more Big Grin
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Just reminded me that I never gave you your avatar from losing the bet last year...

I particularly like this post

42>21 17<30

I was starting to worry about Central, but with redonthehounds' confidence that central will win I am starting to like Belfry's chances a whole lot more Big Grin

Yea that’s what i was saying he’s pretty good at being wrong lol
EKU, I was hoping you’d forgot about that. I’m big enough to take my medicine. Give me an avatar of your choice and I’ll keep it until the playoffs are over. But let’s add to it. Whichever team goes farther, Belfry or Corbin, the loser changes his avatar to the other team for the month following the state championship. Give me an avatar and tell me how to add it and I’m good for the next 3 weeks, hopefully not any longer than that. Lol.

And you should be worried about Central, I really believe they’re better than last year, especially on the defensive side of the ball. No way Belfry puts up more than 28 on them. And on the flip side their offense is custom made to carve up this years Belfry defense. I honestly think Central gets them by around 14 points. If not we’ll take our stab at knocking them off.
Redonthehound Wrote:Give me an avatar and tell me how to add it and I’m good for the next 3 weeks, hopefully not any longer than that. Lol.

I'll be glad to give you an avatar....it wont be outrageous and ill change it back for you after whatever happens :biggrin:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Redonthehound Wrote:EKU, I was hoping you’d forgot about that. I’m big enough to take my medicine. Give me an avatar of your choice and I’ll keep it until the playoffs are over. But let’s add to it. Whichever team goes farther, Belfry or Corbin, the loser changes his avatar to the other team for the month following the state championship. Give me an avatar and tell me how to add it and I’m good for the next 3 weeks, hopefully not any longer than that. Lol.

And you should be worried about Central, I really believe they’re better than last year, especially on the defensive side of the ball. No way Belfry puts up more than 28 on them. And on the flip side their offense is custom made to carve up this years Belfry defense. I honestly think Central gets them by around 14 points. If not we’ll take our stab at knocking them off.

If. And I mean IF..... Central does win, it wont be by no 14 points.... I'd almost bet the farm on that.
AtlPirateFan Wrote:Belfry has some speed, Taveon is probably a high 4.4 or low 4.5 guy, he ran an 11.18 in the 100 meter at state last year. Belfry also has a weapon in Sophomore Peyton Hensley who is the backup fullback. In a backup roll this year Peyton is 3rd on the team in rushing and td's and ran an 11.5 in the 100 meter as a freshman, he adds a dynamic to FB that teams aren't used to from Belfry. Usually the Belfry FB is a bruising back who pounds the yards. Hensley is a bruising back who hits the hole hard, fights to stay on his feet and once he sees daylight is a threat to hit paydirt every time.

Yes, the Taveon kid. When he ran by me (on the Belfry sideline, I was 2nd row up I think), he looked about as fast as any kid I'd seen in high-school, top 10 for sure. He seemed to be unstoppable in the 2nd half of the Corbin game last year. Belfry also put their big O lineman playing both sides of the ball in the 2nd half. SOunds as if that fullback will be hard to handle. I figure Central surely has at least a couple of kids that run a 4.5ish, so maybe hard to get the big hitter unless the Central bodies are having to pick themselves off the ground. If Belfry loses this game, I'd be surprised. Belfry shifted the balance of power between these 2 teams, 4 years ago, I'm interested to see if Central has gained any ground.
I have no doubt that Central's defense is good and capable of winning, but I just can't see them stopping the run. Belfry has so much speed...there's 5-6 guys that can flat out run. Plus Belfry can and will throw the ball
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Granny Bear Wrote:Nope.

Just highly educated and highly intelligent.

Not even close to a lawyer.

Confusednicker:

not even close to any of the above.
Lol. If Corbin only put up 32 on Bell Co., I doubt they make it past Belfry or Louisville Central. ��

Don’t think Corbin has planned out as good as they were supposed to be this year.. sounds like that alligator mouth is overloadin’ that hummingbird a$$. Lol

Redonthehound Wrote:EKU, I was hoping you’d forgot about that. I’m big enough to take my medicine. Give me an avatar of your choice and I’ll keep it until the playoffs are over. But let’s add to it. Whichever team goes farther, Belfry or Corbin, the loser changes his avatar to the other team for the month following the state championship. Give me an avatar and tell me how to add it and I’m good for the next 3 weeks, hopefully not any longer than that. Lol.

U
EKUAlum05 Wrote:HAHA... well played....

I couldn't resist. it was left wide open :biggrin:
smoke1015 Wrote:The back for Belfry, last year (as a junior), would have been faster than any kid Central has right now. So now that kid is a year stronger, and a year faster...Central may have more overall speed, I have no idea. Belfry is always faster than some give them credit for. When your line is dominate you can get by with 4.8 running backs, even if the other team has a 4.5 or even 4.4 guy. I bet Belfry's kid runs a 4.4, or less!

:dontthink
BelfryPride Wrote:I have no doubt that Central's defense is good and capable of winning, but I just can't see them stopping the run. Belfry has so much speed...there's 5-6 guys that can flat out run. Plus Belfry can and will throw the ball

define throw. lol
mrfootball03 Wrote:Lol. If Corbin only put up 32 on Bell Co., I doubt they make it past Belfry or Louisville Central. ��

Don’t think Corbin has planned out as good as they were supposed to be this year.. sounds like that alligator mouth is overloadin’ that hummingbird a$$. Lol

U

planned out ?
pjdoug Wrote:define throw. lol

pass
BelfryPride Wrote:pass

underhand toss? lol
pjdoug Wrote:underhand toss? lol

Granny shot
BelfryPride Wrote:Granny shot

:biglmao:
Central in OT, I predict Belfry fans blame loss on officials like they normally do whenever they lose.
Cakebattermatters Wrote:Central in OT, I predict Belfry fans blame loss on officials like they normally do whenever they lose.

Belfry fans, don't worry about this idiot. He has been trolling all threads talking out of his A$$! Don't really know what school he's for but he is just a dummy. Best thing to do is not even respond to his comments. He knows zero about football. Only reason I'm responding to this one is just to give you a heads up.
pjdoug Wrote:planned out ?

Typo lol. Panned out.. lol
  •  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next