Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
14th Region 2016-17 Leaders
Dr.Basketball Wrote:Again Granny Bear, please shut this person up. Or is it on the up and up.

I never broke any rules. I only asked to hear who they were being you brought it up.
Plus Lincoln Memorial is a D2. Smile Nothing to be ashamed of though. Great school and good basketball.
2 warnings. This is the 1st warning. Do NOT ever bash a player or anyone on here and do NOT keep poking the bear to ag on a disagreement. Yes Profit is a good player and will go to a good school whether it's D2 or D1

Heed my warning the next one won't be so pretty
Strikeout King Wrote:Amy Brewer (Breathitt) and MaKayla McIntosh (Jackson City)

Two big pickups for Estill! Rebuilding just got faster and easier for the Neers.
Strikeout King Wrote:2 warnings. This is the 1st warning. Do NOT ever bash a player or anyone on here and do NOT keep poking the bear to ag on a disagreement. Yes Profit is a good player and will go to a good school whether it's D2 or D1

Heed my warning the next one won't be so pretty

Thank you Strikeout King
She is the best player in the region and in my opinion in the mountains. A top 10 in the state. Anyone that doesn't agree, come watch.

Dominated the Morehead camp yesterday, but Morehead would rather have Kentucky Premier players. I guess that's why their record is what it is. LMU would beat them 15.
Dr.Basketball Wrote:She is the best player in the region and in my opinion in the mountains. A top 10 in the state. Anyone that doesn't agree, come watch.

Dominated the Morehead camp yesterday, but Morehead would rather have Kentucky Premier players. I guess that's why their record is what it is. LMU would beat them 15.

Did some fact checking on that last paragraph. It looks like Kentucky Premier has put one recruit at Morehead State in 2012. It looks like LMU signed one of their kids from Russell last year and Pittman from Casey played for them and graduated in 12 was the player of the year at LMU last year.

This took about 5 minutes on google.
There are 12 wmba teams, out of all the D1 players there may be a handful of girls go to the wmba.... the only things these girls can wish for are to have their education paid for. And why should girls go to a D1 school and likely sit the bench, when they can go D2 play a lot/ start. It's what best for the girl and her education. Not a competition of who gets the most D1 scholarships
Maroons Wrote:Did some fact checking on that last paragraph. It looks like Kentucky Premier has put one recruit at Morehead State in 2012. It looks like LMU signed one of their kids from Russell last year and Pittman from Casey played for them and graduated in 12 was the player of the year at LMU last year.

This took about 5 minutes on google.

Is that why only premier players were chosen as all camp team ? When Proffitt clearly the best player in the gym.

They stacked the teams against her and she went undefeated and had 85% of the points scored on her team.

So funny that this is even a conversation.

You won't quit though lol
RingKing Wrote:There are 12 wmba teams, out of all the D1 players there may be a handful of girls go to the wmba.... the only things these girls can wish for are to have their education paid for. And why should girls go to a D1 school and likely sit the bench, when they can go D2 play a lot/ start. It's what best for the girl and her education. Not a competition of who gets the most D1 scholarships

Don't tell them that and hurt their feelings. Lol Basketball train ends soon.
My top 10 in the state, mostly looking at 2018 girls but I threw in a couple 2020 girls that are just as good.

1. Grace Berger G Sacred Heart Academy (KY) G #14 Indiana
2. Blair Green W Harlan H.S. (KY) W #7 Verbal Kentucky
3. Ciaja Harbison PG Louisville Male H.S. (KY) Verbal Saint Louis
4. Molly Lockhart F Butler Traditional H.S. (KY) Undeclared View Schools
5. Seygan Robins G Mercer County H.S. (KY) G #10 Verbal Louisville
6. Mykasa Robinson PG Paul G. Blazer H.S. (KY) PG #17 Undeclared Colorado
7. Kiki Samsel PG Sacred Heart Academy (KY) Undeclared View Schools
8. Jamari Tillman G Doss H.S. (KY) Undeclared View Schools
9. Maddie Sherr G Ryle 2020 kid
10. Shelby Calhoun G Louisville Christian 2020 kid

In the mountains I go with Blair Green #1, If you are counting 16th Region then Mykasa is right there too.. If you count the 12th as far as mountain teams then you got to factor in UK commit Emma King who didn't even make my top 10 state list, which is crazy to think...Oh yeah and Seygan too...
Proffitt should be on that list. Promise you. Come watch her.
Robbins, Green, King - all for sure better then Profitt, at least based on what i've seen. And i've seen them all. And i'm sure that Jeff Waltz and Mathew Mitchell think so too or they wouldn't have offered the way that they did. Profitt is very good. I think though when you make outlandish comments, it diminishes where they eventually will go. It's possible she could be a D1 player at a low/mid major. But if she elected to go to LMU a D2 or an NAIA D1, that's still impressive.
I will say that not many have seen Proffitt since this summer improvement. Completely different player. Season is not far off though.

Gibson is also a top player. 14th not getting the love they deserve.
1A. Seygan Robins
1B. Mykasa Robinson
3. Molly Lockhart
4. Grace Berger
5. Blair Green
6. Maddie Scherr
7. Ally Niece
8. Ciaja Harbinson
9. Shelby Calhoun
10. Maaliya Owens
11. Emma King
12. Cam Browning
13. Kennedy Igo
14. Erin Toler
15. Lauren Schwartz

There is your top 15 as of today.
RingKing Wrote:There are 12 wmba teams, out of all the D1 players there may be a handful of girls go to the wmba.... the only things these girls can wish for are to have their education paid for. And why should girls go to a D1 school and likely sit the bench, when they can go D2 play a lot/ start. It's what best for the girl and her education. Not a competition of who gets the most D1 scholarships

What league is the WMBA?
Dr. B these kids have been recruited by big time programs for 3+ years... some of these kids are top 10i in the nation at their position.. if a kid is at that level they don't go unnoticed.. if you are an athlete and you get an opportunity to play college basketball it's a great accomplishment no matter what level it is..I think Maroon would agree with that too..
Guys lets cool it!
Sorry strikeout, had not read the entire post, can see were that could be misconstrued..
Dr.Basketball Wrote:I will say that not many have seen Proffitt since this summer improvement. Completely different player. Season is not far off though.

The 14th is a region that only a Momma could love.
When was the last time they won a sweet 16 game?
2007-08 Breathitt Co
Dr.Basketball Wrote:I will say that not many have seen Proffitt since this summer improvement. Completely different player. Season is not far off though.

1 Sweet 16 win in 10 years could be a reason for the love loss.
new o Wrote:So Knott County did not have a player in either category and won the region? Pretty impressive!

Team not individuals
Dr.Basketball Wrote:It amazes me, how you all will not give this girl credit.... I can promise you she shot 47%, if not higher. This past week at the Transy camp she was 10/12 from 3 point land. I would go as far to say that I'll bet anyone on here $500 she can hit 65 of 100 anytime. That's actually low for her with no one on her. Put up or shut up!

Its rumored that Profitt is headed to Transy for college. Can you confirm this? Its a great fit for Lindsey and a great school.
There is NO DOUBT Profitt is the best player at PCC now and for several years back. She's number 1 or 2, in our region ,depending on what type of player you are looking for. Gibson is right there with her.
sports fan00 Wrote:There is NO DOUBT Profitt is the best player at PCC now and for several years back. She's number 1 or 2, in our region ,depending on what type of player you are looking for. Gibson is right there with her.

I think her and Hall are about the same. Hall will end up being the better all around player when she gets to be a senior. Both are great players though. If Profitt does go to Transy they will be getting a good player.
Dr.Basketball Wrote:It amazes me, how you all will not give this girl credit.... I can promise you she shot 47%, if not higher. This past week at the Transy camp she was 10/12 from 3 point land. I would go as far to say that I'll bet anyone on here $500 she can hit 65 of 100 anytime. That's actually low for her with no one on her. Put up or shut up!

Is that in game or just in a gym by herself. In game I'll take the bet. And if it's just her in the gym that's not impressive at all. 65 out of 100 standing in the same spot. I would hope she could make 65
Hayley turner is at hazard now
Turner being at Hazard puts three of the five best teams in the region in one district. 1-PCC
2-Hazard, 3-KCC, 4-Letcher, 5-Leslie
sports fan00 Wrote:There is NO DOUBT Profitt is the best player at PCC now and for several years back. She's number 1 or 2, in our region ,depending on what type of player you are looking for. Gibson is right there with her.

proffitt is a really good player and any coach would want her on their team but a few years back perry had a girl named kendall noble who went to western ky and was the mvp of their conference and got 25 against #1 UConn. I would say she was better than proffitt