3. Kentucky Country Day 5-0 145

4. Raceland 4-1 116

5. Hazard 2-1 105

6. Ludlow 4-0 75

7. Pikeville 1-3 52

8. Russellville 3-2 47

9. Williamsburg 3-2 39

10. Louisville Holy Cross 3-2 25

Others receiving votes: Bracken County 20, Paris 17, Bishop Brossart 11, Phelps 8.

http://www.kentucky.com/sports/high-scho...85121.html
My top 5....

BW
Hazard
Paintsville
KCD
Raceland
Even w the Loss of Smith. I am suprised to see Raceland make the jump over Hazard. Still can't understand why Paintsville is over Beechwood. Idk how neone can rank Amy team in 1A over the reigning champ until they lose to someone in their class. Beechwoods loss to cover cath is a better loss than Paintsvilles to Hurricane or Raceland's to Ashland. If KCD runs the table, Raceland and Paintsville run the table or have 2 losses (one of them have to have another loss), and Beechwood loses to New Cath, does the ap put them all ahead of Beechwood? I know these polls don't mean anything. Just trying to stir the pot of conversation lol. To be the man, u gotta beat the man.
Beechwood deserves to be #1.
Williamsburg Rb Kyle Davis out for season another big lost. :HitWall::HitWall::HitWall:
Dropping like flies in the East!!
I would switch Beechwood and Paintsville simple because Beechwood is the defending champion and should be number 1 until proven otherwise. I would also flip Raceland and Hazard for right now. If Raceland beats Somerset and/or Paintsville then I would put them in the top team conversation. Although Raceland has been winning I'm still not sure if they are quite there yet as far as being a legit contender.
I agree blaze. U and I both and the rest of ram nation want us to be title contenders amd winners every year. But we haven't really played anyone to give us an idea of how much the offense has improved since the Ashland game. Things look smoother, but we haven't played a real fast defense since then. I feel better about this team in general though. Leadership is starting to show through and Justin Fairchild and Tyus Furgeson are a big part of that defensively. LB play has really improved as well. If we can control the run by playing balanced defense and not have to load the box, defenaively, I think we r fine. I just worry about us getting into a shootout somewhere down the line. Just have to stay consistent.