Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Somerset 16 North Laurel 14
Final :Clap:
Congratulations Bunnies.

Prayers for that Freshman kid who was hurt!!
How many suspensions will be handed out from the end of this game?
Jaguarhoundbird Wrote:How many suspensions will be handed out from the end of this game?

None for anybody in purple.
Congrats to Bunnies 🐰
Why will there be suspensions?
North lost it a little at the end. Never should have happened
What happened at the end? I heard something about the North Laurel defense diving at the center's knees when he was snapping the ball with the Jumpers in victory formation. Were they trying to cause a fumble? Sounded pretty dirty. The center is injured and at the ER.
Way to go Jumpers !
No class!
Congrats to the Bunnies, they are playing well...
Walt Longmire Wrote:What happened at the end? I heard something about the North Laurel defense diving at the center's knees when he was snapping the ball with the Jumpers in victory formation. Were they trying to cause a fumble? Sounded pretty dirty. The center is injured and at the ER.

That is exactly what happened. Even the white hat saw this one.

One of the dirtiest plays I have ever seen.
Ballmom1 Wrote:That is exactly what happened. Even the white hat saw this one.

One of the dirtiest plays I have ever seen.

We stood right on the side line tonight, and that was NOT what happened! Watch the film!
foozeballfanatic Wrote:No class!

Really?! Better watch some film!
If Somerset just takes a knee the games over but they don't the QB stands back there with the ball for about 8 seconds so north had to go after him. No one even went hard on that play north was just letting them take a knee. So after that north calls a timeout and goes hard the next play. Nothing dirty just went hard. Probably trying to cause a fumble. Don't think the Somerset line was ready for north to go hard but they should have been after they made north chase them the first time they was taking a knee.
Prime.Time Wrote:If Somerset just takes a knee the games over but they don't the QB stands back there with the ball for about 8 seconds so north had to go after him. No one even went hard on that play north was just letting them take a knee. So after that north calls a timeout and goes hard the next play. Nothing dirty just went hard. Probably trying to cause a fumble. Don't think the Somerset line was ready for north to go hard but they should have been after they made north chase them the first time they was taking a knee.

Instead of letting the clock run down and taking a snap then taking a knee the QB stands fully upright - he absolutely did - NL had no choice but to go after him. Had the QB handled that correctly, no one would have been injured!
Quarter should've taken a knee and not stood there killing clock on the previous play. That is absolutely true.

It is also absolutely true that north went after the football the next play BUT it is also absolutely true that the kid grabbed the Somerset centers knee and rolled up on it; rolled over multiple times on it. It was dirty, the game was over. Somerset was in victory formation and obviously not running a play.

The player was ejected for a reason.
Sounds like a bad deal I hope the young man is going to be ok if anybody has film on this game put that play on here I would like to see what happened
JumperPride1 Wrote:Quarter should've taken a knee and not stood there killing clock on the previous play. That is absolutely true.

It is also absolutely true that north went after the football the next play BUT it is also absolutely true that the kid grabbed the Somerset centers knee and rolled up on it; rolled over multiple times on it. It was dirty, the game was over. Somerset was in victory formation and obviously not running a play.

None of the 3 of us standing on the side line saw a kid grab the Somerset centers knee and roll on it multiple times?? Who got ejected? They sure kept that one a secret of course there were a lot of secret calls going on in that game. What was a first for us was seeing a high school team (SBJ) booed as they left the field it sure wasn't because of their stellar actions and character on those last 2 plays of the game, believe me.
Tight End Wrote:None of the 3 of us standing on the side line saw a kid grab the Somerset centers knee and roll on it multiple times?? Who got ejected? They sure kept that one a secret of course there were a lot of secret calls going on in that game. What was a first for us was seeing a high school team (SBJ) booed as they left the field it sure wasn't because of their stellar actions and character on those last 2 plays of the game, believe me.

It happened. It's on film. I'm sure they left the field to prevent any further incidents; that was the correct call to have them go to the locker rooms.

Cost a kid a knee, not good. Enough said.

End of the day north takes their first loss of the season. Hard hitting game all night long. On to the next.
JumperPride1 Wrote:It happened. It's on film. I'm sure they left the field to prevent any further incidents; that was the correct call to have them go to the locker rooms.

Cost a kid a knee, not good. Enough said.

End of the day north takes their first loss of the season. Hard hitting game all night long. On to the next.

That wasn't the reason they were booed, it was because of the way their QB handled those last 2 plays! You never did say who was ejected? The kids knee being injured was not NL's fault anyway you want to look at that film. Hope the official one does get sent in to the KHSAA.
Tight End Wrote:That wasn't the reason they were booed, it was because of the way their QB handled those last 2 plays! You never did say who was ejected? The kids knee being injured was not NL's fault anyway you want to look at that film. Hope the official one does get sent in to the KHSAA.

It's against the rules of the site To mention names in this connotation; wouldn't know the name anyway, I'm not a NL fan. Game is over. Good luck with the rest of the season. We'll have to agree to disagree on who is at fault here.
Just one question, how does going after QB blow the centers knee out. If he was going after QB I would try to avoid the center. Just wondering
Home cooking was obvious from the beginning of the game, I don't think anyone from North was trying to hurt a player from Somerset. When the game is over if you show class and quit trying to pad your stats unfortunate things like this don't happen!! Good luck on the rest of your season Somerset is the real deal this year!! Good Luck
JumperPride1 Wrote:Quarter should've taken a knee and not stood there killing clock on the previous play. That is absolutely true.

If true, how much would it suck to be ejected on the last play of the game.
blueandgreen Wrote:Home cooking was obvious from the beginning of the game, I don't think anyone from North was trying to hurt a player from Somerset. When the game is over if you show class and quit trying to pad your stats unfortunate things like this don't happen!! Good luck on the rest of your season Somerset is the real deal this year!! Good Luck

They must not be the real deal. After all, this loss is due to the home cooking, right?

So Somerset was trying to score on those last couple of plays? Did they pass or hand the ball off to a running back? I'm wondering what stats they were trying to pad.
Ok as I said before this game was even played ..... Somerset would shut down norths running game and they did... I sure do love the class of people from north laurel I would be ashamed to have been on that side of the field ... when players and fans...actually cheering at a injured Somerset player laying on the field for a dirty play of north during victory formation... what class the north laurel fans players have... You should be ashamed the player was the freshman center... North laurel fans that was cheering at a injured player you are what I call trash...
North is over rated... I wish you nothing but a loosing season and bad luck the remainder of this year... for your classy play at the end of the game...yes that's correct that's two of the top 10 mountain teams beaten by little old Somerset... way to go jumpers...
I see poor sportsmanship and a bunch of sore loser posts listed above.
bop07475 Wrote:Ok as I said before this game was even played ..... Somerset would shut down norths running game and they did... I sure do love the class of people from north laurel I would be ashamed to have been on that side of the field ... when players and fans...actually cheering at a injured Somerset player laying on the field for a dirty play of north during victory formation... what class the north laurel fans players have... You should be ashamed the player was the freshman center... North laurel fans that was cheering at a injured player you are what I call trash...

Are you nuts?! NL fans were absolutely NOT cheering because of a injured player, that makes no sense on any level to even say that! They were booing what the QB did and the refs letting things get out of hand because of the calls they made. Anyone that thinks you are going to play Somerset at Somerset with their officials and not get questionable calls hasn't played much football there is all I know to say about the officiating. The coaches from other schools standing sideline by us said it was par for the course there. There was some cocky crappy stuff going on but you are going to have to look to the other team if you are honest, apparently you aren't honest or you wouldn't have said that to begin with!