Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Somerset 20 Hazard 9
Final from Hazard. Big win for the Briar Jumpers on the road with their backup quarterback starting his first varsity game. Another excellent defensive effort by Somerset.
Congrats to Bunnies
🐰 🐰
Congratulations to Summerset! Solid road win!
Heard Smith left the game with an injury.
Now that Somerset is back to being relevant again roshambo needs to come back
F.N.L. Wrote:Heard Smith left the game with an injury.

Left the first series of the 3rd with injury. Tryed to come in and run the ball but could not and left and didn't return after that
bac2369 Wrote:Left the first series of the 3rd with injury. Tryed to come in and run the ball but could not and left and didn't return after that

Hope that young man heals up quick! Such a great RB!
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Now that Somerset is back to being relevant again roshambo needs to come back

I'm still here, I'm just not as close to the program as I used to be. I still frequent the site, just don't post as much anymore. I'll be moving back to Kentucky here in a few months. I haven't attended a Somerset game in a few years, looking forward to getting to watch them more often. I'm glad to see the Jumpers are competing again, hopefully it can carry over to district play.
Jumpers out ran those dogs tonight...jumpers defense is tuff.....can't run that ball against the bunnies.. if and when the jumpers get there offense running smooth... there going to be hard to handle....
RoShamBo Wrote:I'm still here, I'm just not as close to the program as I used to be. I still frequent the site, just don't post as much anymore. I'll be moving back to Kentucky here in a few months. I haven't attended a Somerset game in a few years, looking forward to getting to watch them more often. I'm glad to see the Jumpers are competing again, hopefully it can carry over to district play.

[Image: https://media0.giphy.com/media/L9kwXOK00...if#0-grid1]
First off, congrats to Somerset on a big road win. It must be a defensive coordinators dream to play Hazard. Don't have to come up with much of a game plan. Stop the run and you're all but assured a victory. Chuck Fugate has to be the most inept offensive coordinator in high school football history. 3rd and 9 late in game and you run a quarterback keeper up the gut(quarterback 5'7" and 160lb) after the run has been stuffed all night. Geez come on. 3 timeouts called on offense bc Fugate can't get play called and sent in to players. Shouldn't be too hard Fugate, you only have about 5 plays you call. Call run up the middle or the roll out to right and try to throw wheel route down left sideline. Heads up Fugate, Blair does not have a strong enough arm to throw that pass. How about trying to get the ball to some of the other playmakers you have on the team. Parks looked pretty good with the ball in his hands against Letcher and we all know what Whitaker can do when he gets the ball. Fugate, find a way to get other players involved. I'm not even going to start talking about last years championship game smh.
Bunnies 🐰 are playing extremely well
Last time I listen to this board to help with my Pigskin Picks!!!
I almost picked Somerset but didn't wish I would've
Somerset must be the real deal.
Congratulations Bunnies!!
EKYCAT Wrote:First off, congrats to Somerset on a big road win. It must be a defensive coordinators dream to play Hazard. Don't have to come up with much of a game plan. Stop the run and you're all but assured a victory. Chuck Fugate has to be the most inept offensive coordinator in high school football history. 3rd and 9 late in game and you run a quarterback keeper up the gut(quarterback 5'7" and 160lb) after the run has been stuffed all night. Geez come on. 3 timeouts called on offense bc Fugate can't get play called and sent in to players. Shouldn't be too hard Fugate, you only have about 5 plays you call. Call run up the middle or the roll out to right and try to throw wheel route down left sideline. Heads up Fugate, Blair does not have a strong enough arm to throw that pass. How about trying to get the ball to some of the other playmakers you have on the team. Parks looked pretty good with the ball in his hands against Letcher and we all know what Whitaker can do when he gets the ball. Fugate, find a way to get other players involved. I'm not even going to start talking about last years championship game smh.

It's funny you only get on here and say anything after a loss. Last year it was after a loss to Pikeville in the regular season. Why not say anything till Hazard loses? Hazard is going to be fine. To say they only run 5 plays shows that your football IQ is pretty low. They lost their 2900 yard rusher the second half and had a lot of young guys in positions they normally don't play. Pretty easy to see that there was confusion there.They will regroup and find a way to win. Also did you notice that Somerset gave up only 7 points to the #1 team in class A, that incidentally beat the #1 team in class AAA last night? It's not like Somerset is a mediocre team.
looking forward to LCA and Somerset later in year should be great game
Well hazard you guys have me thinking that 1A east is wide open.......Congratulations somerset on win atttttttt hazard :popcorn:
I hope your right about them regrouping and finding ways to win. Way to good of a team to look like they did on offense last night. As far as football IQ goes, it doesn't take a Bill Belichek IQ to know that the play calling stunk last night. That is when they were able to get a play called in. When adversity strikes, it's up to the coaches to find other ways to succeed.
Extremely surprised by this.
Oddly enough hazard has been to multiple state title games and brought one home with Chuck calling plays. Heaven forbid every play he calls not go for 25 yards or a TD. Somersets defense was just on fire last night. Chuck knows what he's doing and I respect your opinion but to even question his play calling ability is ridiculous
king360 Wrote:Oddly enough hazard has been to multiple state title games and brought one home with Chuck calling plays. Heaven forbid every play he calls not go for 25 yards or a TD. Somersets defense was just on fire last night. Chuck knows what he's doing and I respect your opinion but to even question his play calling ability is ridiculous

Somersets defense was depleted with injuries in game one vs. bourbon county. They had 4 freshman in the secondary for the better part of 3 quarters (albeit talented freshmen, that's still game one)

They have since given up 8 points to Williamsburg, 7 points to Beechwood and 9 points to Hazard (I really thought Somerset had them stopped on about the 6 inch line for Hazards TD but it was a close call). I'd say Their defense has been on fire for a while.

Hazard is a good football team, I hope the injury to Smith doesn't keep him out long, kid is a great ball player.
Maybe we can see if them bunnies can jump high enough on defense to stop the high flying Cards at Lexington.
JumperPride1 Wrote:Somersets defense was depleted with injuries in game one vs. bourbon county. They had 4 freshman in the secondary for the better part of 3 quarters (albeit talented freshmen, that's still game one)

They have since given up 8 points to Williamsburg, 7 points to Beechwood and 9 points to Hazard (I really thought Somerset had them stopped on about the 6 inch line for Hazards TD but it was a close call). I'd say Their defense has been on fire for a while.

Hazard is a good football team, I hope the injury to Smith doesn't keep him out long, kid is a great ball player.

Touchdown was definitely close. I was right down the line and to me he was about half a yard in and they never did blow the whistle. But that's exactly what u do play until the whistle is blow.

Hazard has injuries I just now sure who or how many. But Somerset looked good last night. I would like to see them run it more..
bac2369 Wrote:Touchdown was definitely close. I was right down the line and to me he was about half a yard in and they never did blow the whistle. But that's exactly what u do play until the whistle is blow.

Hazard has injuries I just now sure who or how many. But Somerset looked good last night. I would like to see them run it more..

Let us know Smiths status, feel really bad for that kid. Good luck the rest of the way through, beat the Beechies if given the chance!
JumperPride1 Wrote:Let us know Smiths status, feel really bad for that kid. Good luck the rest of the way through, beat the Beechies if given the chance!

I hope they get a chance. But looking to go one game at a time.
Congrats to Somerset.
Picked this one right. Congrats to Somerset. Nice win.