Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central vs. Lawrence County (15th Region Semi-Finals)
Round 4 this season and a rematch of last years 15th region championship game.

This season......

12/8: JC won @ LC, 93-78.
12/21: JC won @ Raceland, 75-73.
1/23: JC won @ Home, 97-64.

These two teams know each other.

JC is 26-6.
Lawrence County is 22-11.

It is hard to beat a team three times in the same season, let alone four times. I do think JC is playing their best basketball of the season right now.

This will be JC's sixth straight regional semi-final appearance.
This will be Lawrence County's fourth straight regional semi-final appearance.

Saturday night, the Expo Center will be the place to be.... The Girls championship game will be @ 5:00PM, this game will start at 7:00PM and the second semi-final will start @ 8:30PM.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
This game will showcase the National scoring leader, Mr. Timmy Dalton from Lawrence County and Mr. Mason Blair who holds just about every scoring record in JC's history and is in the Top 5 of every state scoring statistic.

I know this is a Mike Tyson vs. Michael Spinks fight poster from 1988, but the Tagline is perfect for two of the best scores the 15th region as ever seen. Blair and Dalton are both seniors and both have played in the Sweet 16 and both wanna go back to Rupp. It's a shame one of these two will end their high school playing career Saturday night.

[Image: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/e...spinks.png]

BLAIR vs. DALTON
ONCE AND FOR ALL!!!!!
The Tyson vs. Spinks fight was for the first ever Undisputed Heavyweight Championship as we know it today. Mike Tyson knocked out Spinks in just 91 seconds in the 1st Round.

[Image: http://static.boxrec.com/thumb/f/f3/1306...spinks.jpg]

[Image: http://static.boxrec.com/thumb/4/4b/Tyso...032433.jpg]

[Image: http://static.boxrec.com/thumb/0/0e/SI69...SI6901.jpg]

[SIZE="6"]Who's gonna be Mike Tyson?
Who's gonna be Michael Spinks?
SOMEBODY'S GONNA GET KNOCKED OUT!!!!!![/SIZE]
Can't wait to see who puts up the most shots , Lawrence had better come to play
I am gonna take JC by 15
Johnson Central 76 Lawrence 65
This is a Pulp Fiction type post, please forgive me.

In the last 12 seasons Johnson Central is 21-4 in regional tournament games going into this Saturday nights action.

During those 12 seasons, Johnson Central has 5 regional championships and 2 regional runner ups.

Johnson Central has participated in the regional tournament in 10 of those 12 years.

Hopefully Johnson Central will win two more games and make it 6 regional championships in those 12 years.
"Whatcha gonna do Pulp Fiction when the Dawgs run wild on you????"
THOMCAT Wrote:This is a Pulp Fiction type post, please forgive me.

In the last 12 seasons Johnson Central is 21-4 in regional tournament games going into this Saturday nights action.

During those 12 seasons, Johnson Central has 5 regional championships and 2 regional runner ups.

Johnson Central has participated in the regional tournament in 10 of those 12 years.

Hopefully Johnson Central will win two more games and make it 6 regional championships in those 12 years.

At least you recognize greatness. :thanks:
No pressure on lawrence. If we shoot lights out like the other night we can pull the upset. More like tyson vs buster douglas and u know how that turns out.
JC is also a much bigger school than everyone. True? How good is the 7 footer playing
You all making a much bigger game out of this than it is JC by 20 close game in the first half but in the second half JC pulls away
This one should be fun to watch.
JC girls play for the 15th region championship vs. Paintsville before this game..... should have a major crowd wearing Black & Gold.
Jc wins big
Anything can happen.... JC can have a stretch of bad shooting while Dalton, Dawson & Wellman light up the scoreboard.

JC has to come out and do what JC does.... get points in transition, press like there is no tomorrow and get the ball to their 3 point shooters.

Dalton is gonna score, he's the best this region has ever seen getting to the basket. He's the type of player you let get his 30+ points but shut everybody else down as best as possible. Dalton's gonna drive the ball, get an easy basket and more often than not... draw a foul and get to the line. Can't remember right off how many free throws he's shot this year, but it was an insane amount. JC can't afford to get Collins and Moshefy in foul trouble.
This game is all about focus for JC. It is very difficult to beat an opponent 4 times in one season especially when they have a player the caliber of Tim Dalton. I would say we see him play the hardest he has ever played to try and will his team back to the regional championship game. JC has to press full court all night and force somebody other than Tim to bring it up the court. JC has killed Lawrence all 3 times this year with the press and getting easy layups off of turnovers. That is going to be the key again. The key for Lawrence is making open shots by somebody with a name that isn't Tim Dalton. In the 3 games before once Lawrence has been able to break the press they were able to consistently pass the ball to the open man for a wide open shot but they also really struggled to make them.
I'm going to say JC has too much again for Lc but that it will be 10 points or less. Tim Dalton has another huge night but it won't be enough
He good but if they play tight zone on him he just average player, David Cantrell from SC could get to the basket as good anyone could in the region but he he wasn't coached right!
JC has a cake walk to Rupp on teams that could beat them are at home
basketball101 Wrote:JC has a cake walk to Rupp on teams that could beat them are at home

So I'd say you're blaming that on the officials too.
Davidlee Wrote:He good but if they play tight zone on him he just average player, David Cantrell from SC could get to the basket as good anyone could in the region but he he wasn't coached right!
An "average" player doesn't score 3000 points.
officials has a lot to do with it . Look who's playing tonight. Lol
basketball101 Wrote:officials has a lot to do with it . Look who's playing tonight. Lol

Poor ole Magoffin. There's isn't an official in the state that likes them. Every time they lose it's always because of the officials. Do the baseball umpires hate them too?
lol baseball umpires are worse
Don Carlo when Pikeville gets all the calls tonight you can see how it feels . Lol
Excellent game by Lawrence County.

They were the better team tonight.

But JC was 1 point better.... And that's all that matters.
JC needs to hit their knees and say a prayer they won that game.
Survive and advance this time of year.
JC escapes!