• 1(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dudley Hilton headed back to the mountains!
Going back to Bell County, 3rd time a charm! :ilikeit:
This link might be better: http://www.wkyt.com/content/sports/Dudle...49423.html
Randy Frazier will be coming with him as D Cord.
i wouldn't doubt it! and i bet anything we lose Hoskins too!
I'll bet 1,000 cash Fraizer doesn't come
Trashtalker Wrote:I'll bet 1,000 cash Fraizer doesn't come

I bet 2,000 he is.
Anxious to see what happens with Dudley back in Bell Co!
Middlesboro Wrote:I bet 2,000 he is.

You will lose a lot of money. The commitment Whitley has made to Athletics and Frazier's job can not be made by Bell. Chappell and that administration has made him feel at home.
Then why did he buy a house in Pineville ,would of made more sense to buy one in Whitley co
Well
Forced out at Taylor says legit source. Looks like a little hand over heart in coming back this time. How will this prevail following an embarrassing season in a program that fell to its lowest? He was once a top coach at Bell. Much older coach this time. Different level players. Weaker coaching staff. Watered down schedule. Frustrated fans. Can a Bell of old rise? Hopefully someday but not some day soon. No way to overcome the talents of Corbin or rising strengths of Harlan this year.
So I was getting my haircut in the famous barber shop today and the subject of Coach Hilton going back to Bell came up as sports always does in the barber shop. Of course his staff came up and a guy who is kin to a janitor who works with a guy who is buddies with a fishing buddy of the guy who has worked on Randy Frazier's car after he sold it said that there is no way Coach Frazier would leave Whitley County. He said and this is gospel truth, that Whitey has made a 1st level commitment to athletes and is going to put Frazier in charge of building all the athletes to a championship level. Rumor has it that he eats lunch free and they even buy special toilet paper in the coaches office bathrooms.
So I would bet as much money as anyone wants to lose that Randy Frazier is not and will not leave Whitley County
Dietpepsidrinker Wrote:So I was getting my haircut in the famous barber shop today and the subject of Coach Hilton going back to Bell came up as sports always does in the barber shop. Of course his staff came up and a guy who is kin to a janitor who works with a guy who is buddies with a fishing buddy of the guy who has worked on Randy Frazier's car after he sold it said that there is no way Coach Frazier would leave Whitley County. He said and this is gospel truth, that Whitey has made a 1st level commitment to athletes and is going to put Frazier in charge of building all the athletes to a championship level. Rumor has it that he eats lunch free and they even buy special toilet paper in the coaches office bathrooms.
So I would bet as much money as anyone wants to lose that Randy Frazier is not and will not leave Whitley County

True story.
Well well
I'll raise to $3,000 Randy is coming to Bell Co. 😜
Sure it can be argued that Dudley made Bell, but I think Bell is now too proud of a program to be nothing more than Dudley's fall back. He's a great coach, in fact one of the best, but I would be beyond embarrassed to bring him back. He gets tired of Bell, moves onto greener pastures, then knows good ol Bell will always be there to take him back. Bell should never be a plan B for anyone.

Also, one has to wonder that as low as Bell has fallen, it's going to take a few years to build them back. Coach Hilton is no spring chicken. One could argue that the few down years may tarnish his legacy.

Regardless, I wish Bell County the best except against the Hounds. I just hate seeing programs fall from grace by their standards only to get played time and time again by coach.
Dud is back good luck bell...no players no coaching staff still dark times on log mountain
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
Dudley will get the players, he always has and always will. He is a living legend in Bell county and the surrounding areas. Kids will travel to play for him. That being said, I still think it'll be a couple years before they're really competing again. Staff won't matter, it's going to be dudleys show or he wouldn't have come back. I really look forward to the Hounds vs Bobcats this year!
If Ol' Dud gets Bell another state championship during his future career then Bell will HAVE to agree to provide him with a lifetime supply of Geritol, Ensure and prunes. Confusednicker:
What happens to the coach that left Georgia and came up to coach there this past season? Is he going to coach anymore in any capacity at Bell?
Middlesboro Wrote:I'll raise to $3,000 Randy is coming to Bell Co. 😜
I've got 100.00 bills ready tell me where to meet!
Really funny stuff. Let me get this right. He was told to either commit or get out at TC. He wasn't happy that he wasn't the only show in town. The people of TC was getting tired of him from the sounds of it. They haven't lived up to expectations and was paying him a boat load of money. Superintendent brought him in to win districts and he couldn't do that in a weak district. TC may end up better off in the long run. They have some good young talent and have showed they are not afraid to spend money.

On the Bell side it is hard to believe they have the money to pay him. I thought most of EKY was declining in population and schools were cutting back? It may not be effecting Bell, I am not sure? It will be interesting to see how all the Dudley backers support him when he is losing to Corbin and possibly Casey. From what I remember of Corbin last year they are returning a load and Casey has a ton of excitement right now. Also how many of his old assistants are still around? Contrary to belief I doubt he ever did it on his own and for sure know he can't do it on his own now. How long can he continue to Coach?
Very interesting points. I just did a little research on Coach Hilton, and I am very very surprised at his age!! According to what I've read, he is only 68 years old. I say "only" because I thought he would be closer to 80. MY mistake.

So his age really isn't a factor. Everyone knows his record on recruitibility, and I would say that he will have the staff of his choice.

As far Bell Co being effected by declining population, I do believe that they are as effected as Harlan Co. However, (and I will tell you I DO NOT know this for a fact), but I would bet that some alumni of Bell Co would supplement his pay.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out.
Rommel Wrote:Really funny stuff. Let me get this right. He was told to either commit or get out at TC. He wasn't happy that he wasn't the only show in town. The people of TC was getting tired of him from the sounds of it. They haven't lived up to expectations and was paying him a boat load of money. Superintendent brought him in to win districts and he couldn't do that in a weak district. TC may end up better off in the long run. They have some good young talent and have showed they are not afraid to spend money.

On the Bell side it is hard to believe they have the money to pay him. I thought most of EKY was declining in population and schools were cutting back? It may not be effecting Bell, I am not sure? It will be interesting to see how all the Dudley backers support him when he is losing to Corbin and possibly Casey. From what I remember of Corbin last year they are returning a load and Casey has a ton of excitement right now. Also how many of his old assistants are still around? Contrary to belief I doubt he ever did it on his own and for sure know he can't do it on his own now. How long can he continue to Coach?

I think the TC stuff was also kind of fueled with a "us or them" type situation, and quite a few people felt like they were being drug along. I do think he has under-achieved at TC, at least in a certain capacity. Granted they aren't a historical program at all, but they expected wins in big games. And he's 1-3 against two of their big rivals that aren't in district (Campbellsville and Adair) and he doesn't have a winning record in their district.

No one thought it would be instant, but a lot of people thought they would be better than "close" in their district.

And as far as the Bell side of things, that only thing I can really speak on is that Casey lost a lot. As in, a whole whole lot. Not saying they aren't excited or aren't happy about what they're bringing back. But, they lost far too much for anyone to feel completely certain of their success in 2017.
It is my understanding that a booster organization cannot legally supplement any coaches pay or pay assistant coaches legally. But......
What would a 100 day contract for a teacher with 35 years pay? Plus 12,000 for district AD and 12,000 for head coach. Just ballpark figures. So to go back to the field with his name on it and finish your career....some may say priceless.
Hmmmm. Just saw another certain former Bell Assistant (defensive guy) who just happens to be at Corbin wearing Bell Co Blue instead of redhound red. Could that be a sign of things to come????
Single Wing 77 Wrote:Dudley will get the players, he always has and always will. He is a living legend in Bell county and the surrounding areas. Kids will travel to play for him. That being said, I still think it'll be a couple years before they're really competing again. Staff won't matter, it's going to be dudleys show or he wouldn't have come back. I really look forward to the Hounds vs Bobcats this year!

I think it will take a minimum of two years..probably three..until Bell returns to a Top 10 level.

With that said, I honestly think it will take at least 3-4 years if not more before Bell can compete with Belfry and Corbin. Those programs simply are at a complete different level right now in terms of talent at the HS level, the feeder system, and kids who have been coached to the specs of the system. Bell is a solid step behind Russell right now in the East, let alone the two dominant players.

Hilton will help restore the Bell name, but dreams of a State Title are going to require planting seeds and waiting for them to grow because it's not going to happen overnight.

It is exciting to think of the prospect of the Bell/Corbin rivalry getting back to old days, and the idea of Bell vs. Belfry finally happening again with a State Title game on the line certainly makes the heart ump as well.
What has Bell's younger teams been like lately? I find all of this interesting. Seems he had some pretty dang good assistants over the years but didn't have those at Taylor. The BIG knock I always heard on Hilton was that he like to "pretend" that he had no help coaching and his players were not real good. When in fact neither was true. Always liked to glorify himself. How many did he send on to play college football at a high level? I don't remember many.
Rommel Wrote:What has Bell's younger teams been like lately? I find all of this interesting. Seems he had some pretty dang good assistants over the years but didn't have those at Taylor. The BIG knock I always heard on Hilton was that he like to "pretend" that he had no help coaching and his players were not real good. When in fact neither was true. Always liked to glorify himself. How many did he send on to play college football at a high level? I don't remember many.

I have heard that he pretty much tried to coach everything when he was at TC. I don't know if that's true or not, or if he had done this elsewhere.

I fully believe, however, that a different coach could have won their district this year. Some may want to argue that point, which is fine, but from everything I've seen and been able to discern, he could/should have won 2 or 3 more games this season.
  • 1(current)
  • Next