Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fred Hoskins has been named Knox Central's Head coach.
Fred Hoskins has been named Knox Central's Head coach.

Per The Times Tribune
Congratulations to Coach Fred Hoskins! A career long assistant with a lot of success and now well deserved head coach!
Best of Luck!
MadHatter82 Wrote:Congratulations to Coach Fred Hoskins! A career long assistant with a lot of success and now well deserved head coach!
Best of Luck!

Where was he before this?
TheHotSnakes Wrote:Where was he before this?

Fred was a longtime DC/assistant coach at Bell County prior to this year. Congrats coach!!! Well deserved.
Great Hire K.N.O.X. I thunk Coach Hoskins will bring alot of sucess to the program. He is a very good coach and I think he maybe the missing link, that gets KNOX over the hump and to Bowling Green. Good Luck Coach.TongueirateSho
Congrats! solid hire. Surprised none the least.
Good hire for Knox, he understands the type of kids he has and what it takes to win with those kids. Good hire.
Very Hard for me to understand this one:pondering:
I agree single wing 77 & Blue&Gold Blooded, a great hire !!!!
This is a fine hire imo, things couldn't have turned out much better for the Panthers.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
4Life Wrote:Very Hard for me to understand this one:pondering:

How so?
Great hire, now needs to hire an OC and things will get back on track.
It just doesn't make sense to me!! Jmo
4Life Wrote:It just doesn't make sense to me!! Jmo

But, why?

I'm not judging, but you're not giving any reasons as to why.
To force out a winning coach to hire one of his assistants just seems a little suspect. One of those behind the the closed door when no one is looking deals.
Fred at KC and Dudley coming back to Bell Co. hope they get to schedule a game soon.
4Life Wrote:To force out a winning coach to hire one of his assistants just seems a little suspect. One of those behind the the closed door when no one is looking deals.

Not when you know why the previous head coach was let go. Neglecting your duties will get you out the door everywhere you go.
Again when you say it that way, it sounds like someone got their throat slit! Again jmo!
Good hire, best of luck KC!
hope hes a good hire this will make three bell county coaches hope threes a charm
knox fan Wrote:hope hes a good hire this will make three bell county coaches hope threes a charm

Well I think the two years before Wayne Mills KC was 1-19, I think that was 03,04. So I think the first two Bell hires have turned the program in the right direction even if one left unexpectly and the other seemed to have lost interest.
SuperFan Wrote:Well I think the two years before Wayne Mills KC was 1-19, I think that was 03,04. So I think the first two Bell hires have turned the program in the right direction even if one left unexpectly and the other seemed to have lost interest.

What's with all the neglecting program, lost interest, etc comments? I have no dog in the fight what so ever and just wondering what happened based on the statements on here.
DarthVader Wrote:What's with all the neglecting program, lost interest, etc comments? I have no dog in the fight what so ever and just wondering what happened based on the statements on here.

Unfortunately, those are true statements. When your Coach doesn't show any interest in his feeder programs and his own Freshman and JV, its not hard to see he lost interest. We wish him the best, but my son could not have stood another year with the way things where headed. :dontthink
Blue&Gold Blooded Wrote:Unfortunately, those are true statements. When your Coach doesn't show any interest in his feeder programs and his own Freshman and JV, its not hard to see he lost interest. We wish him the best, but my son could not have stood another year with the way things where headed. :dontthink

I hate to hear that. If you're not willing to put in the time and effort to keep it afloat it eventually causes problems. I think you could start to see a little bit of a slip in Knox but didn't know their was more to it than that. Good programs are not built or maintained without a strong feeder program going and the head coach needs to have a presence in every level.
4Life Wrote:Again when you say it that way, it sounds like someone got their throat slit! Again jmo!

Russell my avatar says it all. Each knife represents one of the guys that got you. Sad really.
DarthVader Wrote:I hate to hear that. If you're not willing to put in the time and effort to keep it afloat it eventually causes problems. I think you could start to see a little bit of a slip in Knox but didn't know their was more to it than that. Good programs are not built or maintained without a strong feeder program going and the head coach needs to have a presence in every level.

I think Knox caught it in time. They had a very good 8th grade team this past season that finished in final 4 of the biggest division in state. When the head coach of your program doesn't show any interest in his own jv and freshmen team it's really bad. I think the athletic director and all involved did a good job with the hire. I don't think anyone disliked Coach Russell but almost everyone noticed his lack of presence the past two seasons
SuperFan Wrote:I think Knox caught it in time. They had a very good 8th grade team this past season that finished in final 4 of the biggest division in state. When the head coach of your program doesn't show any interest in his own jv and freshmen team it's really bad. I think the athletic director and all involved did a good job with the hire. I don't think anyone disliked Coach Russell but almost everyone noticed his lack of presence the past two seasons
I disagree that he lacked interest. Coach Russell is a dedicated family man with young daughters the he is committed to. There are only so many hours in the day and during football season a coach is spread thin enough coaching practice, games, and film study of yours and opponents. To expect a coach to leave his family on Saturdays to go watch 6th graders is unreasonable. As for JV - he has capable assistants that implemented his offense and defense at that level and he was there enough to show commitment.

This is just my perspective of course but I simply feel this, in particular, is an unfair criticism.
Dave Diamond
Pound High School Class of '89
Union College Class of '93
U.S. Army Class of '97

"I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me." -Galations 2:20
Coach Russell did a good job, scheduled himself in trouble. Then no loyalty from anyone. Bad way to do good people, some do not care as long as they get what they want. If anyone knows anything about what went own, they know why this hire was made. It was a combination of a couple things.We will see if it works out but this is not the best hire or situation Knox can be in. Way to many questions and concerns as to how they got where they are now. Best of luck, you may need it.
Will Hoskins run the ole ground and pound Bell County style offense or is he going to have a more modern look?
DarthVader Wrote:Will Hoskins run the ole ground and pound Bell County style offense or is he going to have a more modern look?

I asked the same question of one of the asst. coaches and he laughed and said Hell no. KC will be KC, but with one big difference, if you can run out of a formation then you can throw out of the same formation. Plus, they will work on the passing game more. The main thing is not being predictable.:Thumbs: