Poll: Who Wins It?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Paintsville
53.66%
Hazard
46.34%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville @ Hazard **1A State Semi Finals**
Be the first I've heard of it. According to his mother on Saturday, x-rays looked good.
What I heard was he has cracked fibula. He is going to Huntington for second opinion today.
Redneck Wrote:Be the first I've heard of it. According to his mother on Saturday, x-rays looked good.

Good that way he can see how good hazards line is first hand.
After seeing how he came off the field last Friday I thought he might be finished for the season. I hate that for him and I never like to see anyone get injured. He will definitely be missed by the Tigers and hopefully his loss doesn't keep them out of the championship.
Paintsville 28
Hazard 14
Orange Blaze Wrote:After seeing how he came off the field last Friday I thought he might be finished for the season. I hate that for him and I never like to see anyone get injured. He will definitely be missed by the Tigers and hopefully his loss doesn't keep them out of the championship.

I never got to see it but heard it was pretty bad.. Most things like this injury are kept under raps until game time or game day.... I'm sure hazard is preparing for him to play just as Paintsville is preparing for him to play.
Paintsville 27-13.
If Paintsville loses another key player to injury going into state semis, I will legitimately feel horrible for them...
Hazard_dad Wrote:Good that way he can see how good hazards line is first hand.

Wow dude a kid might be hurt and you're talking Sh!t... Bush League. Seriously no class.:redboxer:
Hope Tyrese is OK. No kid should have to miss games like this.
They wear different colored jerseys but in reality these are all our kids, our future.
Hope everyone is healthy
And heres to Pikevilles kids, especially the seniors. Great bunch.
Belfry0304 Wrote:If Paintsville loses another key player to injury going into state semis, I will legitimately feel horrible for them...

Believe me I'd be right there with ya! I think the Tigers are all OK and Ready to Roll!
If Hazard contains the big play threat from Phelps, they win. In both Raceland games, Paintsville struggled to have time consuming, ground and pound, drives that ended with TDs. Phelps is going to break a couple, but if you keep him from burning you and in return you can go down 3-5 yards at a time down the field and score you will win.

Keeping Phelps in check is the key. I look at it like this, if the final score reads something along the lines of 28-20, Hazard is goin to BG. If it reads something like 42-28, Paintsville has punched their ticket. Paintsville relies on big plays and missed tackles. Hazard is more consistent on true ground and pound. This is an interesting match up of to similar, yet contrasting styles within the run game. Hazard holds the edge by air, but if you get too caught up in defending the stretch, Morris can pop one over your corners and the Allen WRs will burn you. I think Hazard (like Raceland, was the better over all team), but Paintsville has the best play makers that can hurt you quick. Ball control is the key to this game.

One last thing, hope the Allen kid is ok. Love watching that kid play ball. Old school and strong as a freakin ox. Good luck to both squads.
You take away Phelps 45 yard TD run against Raceland last Friday, he still has over 125 yards and averages over 5 yards per carry in that game.
Redneck Wrote:You take away Phelps 45 yard TD run against Raceland last Friday, he still has over 125 yards and averages over 5 yards per carry in that game.

Special teams got us caught in a pickle last Friday! HAVE to eliminate that this Friday! Typically our special teams has been pretty solid! Ok to have a couple hiccups BUT THATS ALL! Their DONE now! That's ALL WERE ALLOWED TO HAVE!!!
As for Tyrese Allen, he's playing friday night. He practiced today and looked good
Redneck Wrote:As for Tyrese Allen, he's playing friday night. He practiced today and looked good

Ain't gonna keep that big Man Down!! Not in PLAYOFFS!!!
Could this game poll be any closer? I don't like it!! Lol
I'm hoping these Hazard kids can pull off a win in this one but Paintsville is tough folks. I have no choice but to pull for the Dawgs since they have about 6 starters from PCC including their star running back. Go PCC south!
Paintsville!
Redneck Wrote:You take away Phelps 45 yard TD run against Raceland last Friday, he still has over 125 yards and averages over 5 yards per carry in that game.

He also had two 30 yard runs where he got caught or tripped up. My point is just that though, he carried the ball 25 times or so in that game, he is not a ground and pound back. More versatility with Morris running the read option and Allen getting more carries, only helps Phelps. If Hazard can move the football and be effecient in the redzone they will win. If Paintsville spreads the ball around, Phelps is more dangerous and the Tiggers will win. But, at this point in the season, most things dont change too much for teams. That and homefield advantage, is why i think Hazard will win. I look for a close one though.
Everyone said Raceland was going to to beat us also. Seems everyone is reluctant to believe Paintsville has gotten where they are because they are as good as they appear. I get the big play talk, but Paintsville offers many threats. It's not a point I'm really willing to argue though, they have proven this all year and I'm not expecting different reviews now
Did hear some good news for hazard last night.. It will for sure help..
bac2369 Wrote:Did hear some good news for hazard last night.. It will for sure help..

?????
bac2369 Wrote:Did hear some good news for hazard last night.. It will for sure help..

Come on Bac! Your killing me SMALLS!!!
swampdonkey Wrote:Everyone said Raceland was going to to beat us also. Seems everyone is reluctant to believe Paintsville has gotten where they are because they are as good as they appear. I get the big play talk, but Paintsville offers many threats. It's not a point I'm really willing to argue though, they have proven this all year and I'm not expecting different reviews now

I think everyone said that Raceland would beat us BOTH times! Paintsville O is REALLY Good but Paintsville D is another level! Paintsville Defense gave up 1 TD against Raceland from 1 yard out! THATS IT! Extremely hard Defense to score on!
Blue_Bird96 Wrote:I think everyone said that Raceland would beat us BOTH times! Paintsville O is REALLY Good but Paintsville D is another level! Paintsville Defense gave up 1 TD against Raceland from 1 yard out! THATS IT! Extremely hard Defense to score on!

Ok...this morning right after I put the turkey in the oven, I grabbed up my phone and made a call. Most people don't know but I actually have an inside source that puts me ahead in the game. That call I made was to Miss Cleo, and she told me that the Dawgs would run wild tomorrow night on the paintsville defense. That Smith woukd have over 300 yards and 4 touchdowns. I still got chills right now, that woman is good. Only charged me 9.99 for the first minute. Oh she also said Dewayne the rock Johnson would win the 2020 presidential election. Lol. Happy Thanksgiving and good luck to both teams. I got hazard by 2 touchdowns.
Paintsville is very good on both sides of the ball. Will be a challenge for Hazard.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!! See you in Hazard tomorrow!!! Go Tigers!!
Go Vikings!!!
Gonna be a Battle on the hillside in Hazard tomorrow, That's For Sure!!
I like Hazard's changes in this one
  •  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next