l
l
l
l
l
V
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Belfry is on its own mountain. They need to watch the Hounds are getting closer.
Belfry will have two tests this year. Corbin and Caldwell Co.
mysonis55 Wrote:Belfry will have two tests this year. Corbin and Caldwell Co.

Mayfield beat Caldwell co. 52 to 27 Friday night and you think they will test Belfry.
I guess that shows you what he thinks about Belfry lol I really don't think we're going to find out because I don't think they will make it they far
Jack Lambert Wrote:Mayfield beat Caldwell co. 52 to 27 Friday night and you think they will test Belfry.

I don't think Caldwell would give Belfry much of a game unless Belfry lost 5 or more fumbles.
I think Belfry running clocks everyone in 3a this year, next year could be Corbins year.
I'll be more surprised if Belfry doesn't put a running clock on everybody as opposed to winning the state title.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
mysonis55 Wrote:Belfry will have two tests this year. Corbin and Caldwell Co.

Gimme a break about Caldwell. :please:

Your so desperate in your attempts at finding someone in the western half of the state to compete with Belfry, or for that matter Corbin... that it's beginning to "reek".

Geez.....
Don't know a lot about the West but the East is down with only two good teams, Corbin and Belfry.
The East and is definitely down. In fact....3A....other than Belfry and Corbin is down.
However...Boyle, Central, Russell, Lex Cath, and Paducah Tilghman are all making strides. Look for 2017 to be a good year in the 3A ranks
Corbin will be loaded next year. Belfry is always in contention.
Caldwell will surprise a bunch of you. As far as PT making strides, not so. The only reason they are winning right now is due to who they are playing. Murray barely sniffed the endzone against Mayfield. They almost hit 50 against PT. They are as bad as I can remember them.
E's Army Wrote:Don't know a lot about the West but the East is down with only two good teams, Corbin and Belfry.

Russell is a good team... not a great team like Belfry or Corbin but certainly a good team for sure.
mysonis55 Wrote:Caldwell will surprise a bunch of you. As far as PT making strides, not so. The only reason they are winning right now is due to who they are playing. Murray barely sniffed the endzone against Mayfield. They almost hit 50 against PT. They are as bad as I can remember them.

To surprise everyone you have to establish what their expectation is.

To me Caldwell is at the minimum the Co_Favorite in their region along with Etown and for all intents of purposes are the favorite to reach the Semi's.

To me Caldwell is a team who can compete with the Region 2 winner (LexCath, Central, Bardstown), but will at best be a toss-up and most likely be a slight underdog.

No team from the West will be favored against Belfry, and if Corbin wins the Hounds become a slight favorite against whoever comes out.

Caldwell is a team with big Offense and bad Defense. Very good playmakers on Offense, very finesse oriented, but with some big play potential. On Defense they simply are not very good. Taking away the storm shortened Franklin-Simpson game and they have played two high level teams in Mayfield and Christian County, they allowed 51 points per game in those two contests and around 500 yards average.

Would it shock me to see them in Bowling Green? Probably not, but it would be a little surprising. Since the 6 Class System the one constant has been that the teams who reach Bowling Green play a pretty good level of Defense. Last year was the first time that a team who was "average" on D reached the Finals and we saw what happened as a result when they ran into Belfry.
Please Lord, if Belfry is fortunate enough to make it back to Bowling Green in the championship game, let their opponent be Caldwell County. Amen
I think you are misunderstanding my statement. I did not say anywhere that they would beat Belfry. I said they will give them a game. And, they will. Don't fool yourself about the finesse crap. They are hard hitters. Watch the Mayfield game.
mysonis55 Wrote:I think you are misunderstanding my statement. I did not say anywhere that they would beat Belfry. I said they will give them a game. And, they will. Don't fool yourself about the finesse crap. They are hard hitters. Watch the Mayfield game.
Not even thinking you said that, I am just flat out telling you that I don't think they reach the Finas and if they do they are not the team that can give Belfry "a game". If Corbin advanced and Caldwell played them thye might give them issues, but solely from a matchup perspective Caldwell has no shot of competing with Belfry outside of maybe hitting some big plays on Offense t keep it somewhat respectable..

Mark my words... and I will even bet my avatar on it

If Belfry and Caldwell play it will be a blood bath at the LOS. There are a couple teams in the West that I think can make Belfry uncomfortable and may even have a shot at pulling an upset... Caldwell is not one of those teams. Belfry's OL and DL would absolutely chew up any dreams Caldwell had and spit them out.

They may be hard hitters when they make contact with someone in the open field, but they are a finesse team through and through. The second you started hyping them I watched video on them. Mayfield was in open space all night. Bright barely was touched until he got to the second level and Arnett had all day even when Caldwell would blitz two or even three backers.

Caldwell's Front 7 got ate alive, just as they got ate alive against Christian County. No physicality whatsoever to create a positive push and to be honest their tackling was pretty weak as well.

Mayfield has a nice Oline that is extremely well coached, but Mayfield's line isn't even what I would consider physically imposing. Just cohesive, disciplined, and well executing. If you can't get pressure bringing 2 or 3 backers to effect a 40 yard pass then you aren't exactly physical.

If you can't battle at the LOS in 3A you are dead in the water as a threat.
Buc-a-roo Wrote:Please Lord, if Belfry is fortunate enough to make it back to Bowling Green in the championship game, let their opponent be Caldwell County. Amen

Retweet
mysonis55 Wrote:Caldwell will surprise a bunch of you. As far as PT making strides, not so. The only reason they are winning right now is due to who they are playing. Murray barely sniffed the endzone against Mayfield. They almost hit 50 against PT. They are as bad as I can remember them.
I will agree that allowing 40 wasn't good bit,
945 yards of offense ain't too shabby
Tilghman put up 26 on Mayfield and Caldwell 27. Under your constantly evolving theory comparative scorekeeping, does that mean Tilghman is one point from being the better team?

Caldwell should win the west but they have not yet shown me they are an elite team. Lets see what happens when they play Central or Catholic or Boyle.
Has less to do with the score and more to do with what was seen on the field. I still say the PT scores were after our younger players got a little cocky with the lead and eased up. The seniors and coaches had to reel them back in. Caldwell was just physical, fast, hard hitting and well coached. I think they will show that in the future. Especially that huge RB they have. He is a load. Their line did better than I expected as well.
My son, your thoughts seem to change with the wind at times
Buc-a-roo Wrote:Please Lord, if Belfry is fortunate enough to make it back to Bowling Green in the championship game, let their opponent be Caldwell County. Amen
That's what Danville said in 98, no respect motivates the other team.
Belfry definitely has an advantage with physicality and line play over any other team in 3A. The West teams have a little more speed than they do in the mtns. tho. Its very difficult to get pressure on Arnett with big boys. I'd love to see a Mayfied vs Belfry game.
Not much dispute that Mayfield at this point in the season is the second best team in 3A.
Tica Wrote:Not much dispute that Mayfield at this point in the season is the second best team in 3A.

Hard to argue with that.. but it is also nothing new. Mayfield is a truly elite small school program. Heck I wouldn't be surprised if Mayfield could give every 5A team a run for their money not named Bowling Green.
At least this site doesn't prop up Paducah Tilghman at every turn. Bluegrasspreps has PT ranked ahead of Caldwell. Caldwell has a better record against a better schedule and they drilled PT @ PT.
Mayfield could compete in every class outside of 6A and Bowling Green.