10.6 Yards Per Carry

Joe Jackson
8 Games
82 Carries
1,061 Yards
16 TD's
133 Yards Per Game
12.9 Yards Per Carry

Phelps is a senior and Jackson is only a sophomore. Also, Jackson has definitely played against stronger competition. Can't go wrong with either one.
Don't know if he is best or not but deserves in Conversation. Brandon Troxell, McCreary Central 1703 yards in 8 game, 213 yards Avg. per game. 21 TD's. Kid is a Jr. and will break all Central Records.
I'll take Belfry's 4-5 headed monster over any back in the E KY. I don't believe any of their backs have over 500 yrds individually....but IMO, their running game is second to none. I may be a little partial....but their backfield is lethal
THOMCAT Wrote:Both are great.

Kent Phelps
7 Games
81 Carries
862 Yards
16 TD's
123 Yards Per Game
10.6 Yards Per Carry

Joe Jackson
8 Games
82 Carries
1,061 Yards
16 TD's
133 Yards Per Game
12.9 Yards Per Carry

Phelps is a senior and Jackson is only a sophomore. Also, Jackson has definitely played against stronger competition. Can't go wrong with either one.

Both kids are great backs. But... a running back is only as good as his OLine. That being said i think anybody you put behind that JC OLine is going to put up big numbers.

Not saying paintsville doesn't have a good oline but The phelps kid creates a lot with his speed and is the center of the opponents gameplan.
Personally I would go with Joe Jackson. If Bailey Walker from Raceland counts as Eastern Kentucky I wouldn't hesitate putting him in the Top 3 or 4.
Jackson
Phelps
The kid I coached his freshman year at Harlan has turned into a ground pounder . The kid from Harlan Kendal Brock he rushed over a thousand last year as a sophomore and fixing to break a thousand this year. Great kid to coach.
Bailey walker
E's Army Wrote:Phelps

I agree with you👍but I guess the D1 commitment and being a MR football candidate gets looked over when biased opinions are made. Haters gonna hate when you're on top!!!
Even though he is out with a season ending injury Treyton Humfleet(Bell County)
checkmate9113 Wrote:Personally I would go with Joe Jackson. If Bailey Walker from Raceland counts as Eastern Kentucky I wouldn't hesitate putting him in the Top 3 or 4.

Raceland doesn't count, it's in Ohio :ChairHit:
Put Russell's Nick Conley behind Belfry's or Jonson Central's offensive lines and its No contest.
It's gotta be Phelps.....there's a Dimond in is butt.The next mr football.And best thing since sliced bread
Dalton Cook #32 from Lynn Camp. 1,376 rushing yards, 14 touchdowns and is the second leading tackler on the team also. And he's only a sophomore.
McCreary and Lynn Camp don't count!
Cup cake schedule!!
Junior Patrick Edwards at Southwestern is a definite top 5 running back...
What kind of schedule should they play. Both teams are having there first winning seasons in about 10 years. There both trying to build a program. You can't start out playing power houses.They have to start somewhere. And the Cook kid had 220 yards Friday night against a pretty good Harlan team.
The Troxell #4 kid from McCreary would be good on any team. He's a great player.
I agree
Hazards Cory Smith needs to be on this list.
Myles Hurst from Jackson County should be on here too! He has 1414 yards and 14 TDs in 8 games this season!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Bobcat4years Wrote:McCreary and Lynn Camp don't count!
Cup cake schedule!!

Kind harsh Bobcat4. Don't think either kid had anything to do in making the schedule. Just like kids from any other school, work hard in off season and season. Show up and play on Friday and from looking at stats play pretty well.:dontthink:dontthink:dontthink
Brodey johnson from east ridge
Troxell has talent! 1700 yards 21 touchdowns. Easy schedule or not he has earned them.