Poll: who wins it?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Paintsville
58.49%
Raceland
41.51%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville @ Raceland 10/21
Blue_Bird96 Wrote:Wonder why D-1 colleges aren't all over this kid? Sounds unbelavible ! Can't wait to see him!

I guess cause our coaching staff doesn't hand out business cards and proclaim to be a D-1 factory Hahahaha.Sorry Blue I had to Hehehehe
You have seen him if you went to the games last year , he played defense he was also the one who took the ball from phelps and ran down the field on the opening play .. If your trying to make fun of him he could play at the next level but is not interested .
Walker, Phelps, and Corey Smith, are all exceptional backs. But a Quinten Baker, Damien Harris, or Chris Jennings they are not. Watched Harris and Baker play and was on the sideline watching Jennings. Jennings is far and away the most impressive HS back to come out of KY since Alexander. As fast as Q, stronger than Harris. Those guys are legit D1 guys. Phelps picked up a great offer and I am super proud of him. But it takes much more than speed to be a contributing factor on a D1 football team. Now, simply getting the schollarship is enough for me, he gets to keep playing to sport he loves and gets a free education as well. But lets not pretend that he is going to OSU or Bama. Like I said its a major accomplishment. Speed picks up alot of attention. But he isnt as fast as the Hendricks kid yall had 2 years ago and he was bottled up like a can of pickeld corn in both games. Tyreese Allen will be Paintsville's determining factor against the Rams on both sides of the ball. Yall will live and die but what he is able to do upfront in pass rush. He is, imo, the best all around player on the team.
Kinda tough to gauge who is faster by one 100m dash. That's all about the best start, not really who's fastest. In all honesty it doesn't really matter who's fastest. We shall see who's in the endzone the most come the 21st. Can you Ram fans say, "#1 Kent Phelps with the Touchdown"? Because you're going to hear it in less than two weeks quite frequently.
I want to challenge Scotty_Bronson in a 10 yard sprint and I get to say go. :pondering:
Fastball92 Wrote:Kinda tough to gauge who is faster by one 100m dash. That's all about the best start, not really who's fastest. In all honesty it doesn't really matter who's fastest. We shall see who's in the endzone the most come the 21st. Can you Ram fans say, "#1 Kent Phelps with the Touchdown"? Because you're going to hear it in less than two weeks quite frequently.

It's hard to gauge who's faster by the 100 are u serous ??? How the heck does the world gauge the fastest man and women in the world ?? It's by the 100 genius but it's hard to gauge that lol
Yes, that's all those athletes do is train for the 100. Phelps probably ran the 100 a hand full of times. But hey that really doesn't matter. When he slices and dices up that Ram meat on the 21st you will see. His speed combined with his field vision is unlike anything the Rams have seen.
I feel the best thing Paintsville can do to help them win the game is to keep Raceland's Defence on the field by having 10+ play drives. On the other side I believe the more Raceland's runs the better their chances.

T Allen is the X factor.
Make no mistake! Tyrese Allen is a HUGE factor! He's a play maker and a Beast! If the Rams can keep Daniels and Allen out of their back field it'll be a big night! On O line Couch and the rest will have that covered! Just say'n the Orange Crush has a tall order shutting down Tge Run with the threat of the talented receivers! I know Raceland is tough and it's gonna in NO way be a walk in the park. That's why theirs 5 pages on a game thread that's 2 weeks away!
anotherfootballnut Wrote:You have seen him if you went to the games last year , he played defense he was also the one who took the ball from phelps and ran down the field on the opening play .. If your trying to make fun of him he could play at the next level but is not interested .

In no way trying to make fun. Just typically when we have players in our area with what your saying, that stacks up as a stronger player than Phelps you typically hear of them outside their own town. They're usually in the running for certain awards such as candidate for the Mr Football or in the discussion. Everyone heard allot about Baker and Kash last year. One who baffled me was Derrick Pugh! Even though we all knew him, Someone missed a great chance to get behind an outstanding player and make the neccassary phone calls and emails to get that young man everything he deserved. Where we live, it takes work from coaches to get kids looked at and noticed. Maybe that's the case with Bailey. I don't know! I was at the games, I'm sure I saw him!
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Walker, Phelps, and Corey Smith, are all exceptional backs. But a Quinten Baker, Damien Harris, or Chris Jennings they are not. Watched Harris and Baker play and was on the sideline watching Jennings. Jennings is far and away the most impressive HS back to come out of KY since Alexander. As fast as Q, stronger than Harris. Those guys are legit D1 guys. Phelps picked up a great offer and I am super proud of him. But it takes much more than speed to be a contributing factor on a D1 football team. Now, simply getting the schollarship is enough for me, he gets to keep playing to sport he loves and gets a free education as well. But lets not pretend that he is going to OSU or Bama. Like I said its a major accomplishment. Speed picks up alot of attention. But he isnt as fast as the Hendricks kid yall had 2 years ago and he was bottled up like a can of pickeld corn in both games. Tyreese Allen will be Paintsville's determining factor against the Rams on both sides of the ball. Yall will live and die but what he is able to do upfront in pass rush. He is, imo, the best all around player on the team.

Didn't mention Bama OR OSU. Simply said D1!! A player at any school in Division 1 is a Division 1 player are they not!
D1 is D1 .. Raceland has a few kids who have the opportunity to play at the next level not sure how many want to , I also know one has the chance to play D1 if he will change change positions but don't see that happening . We are lucky to have A lot of colleges close to area which gives the boys shot at playing
I'll be there early and late handing out business cards :1:
TigerBlues Wrote:I'll be there early and late handing out business cards :1:

Just make sure that you line up as our players are coming out of the tunnel to hand them out as they run by Confusednicker:
anotherfootballnut Wrote:Let me slow down for you .. Bailey and phelps raced in the 100 , Bailey won so that means Bailey is faster . Add the fact Bailey is pound for pound the strongest player on the field so you put 40lbs of equipment on them he's even that much faster than phelps

Phelps won the 200, lol.
Fastball92 Wrote:Yes, that's all those athletes do is train for the 100. Phelps probably ran the 100 a hand full of times. But hey that really doesn't matter. When he slices and dices up that Ram meat on the 21st you will see. His speed combined with his field vision is unlike anything the Rams have seen.

Good luck trying to slice & dice through Isaac Wallace & Jerome Hall. He'll see plenty of them in two weeks. Phelps is a good athlete, & he'll get yardage, but he'll earn every yard he gets. He's not facing Sheldon Clark, Frankfort, or Ridgeview in two weeks.
Redneck Wrote:Phelps won the 200, lol.

That will come in real handy if he runs the wrong way and has to turn around and run back to the correct endzone ..
Redneck Wrote:Phelps won the 200, lol.
Phelps didn't win the 200. Braden Brown of West Carter did.
64SUR Wrote:I want to challenge Scotty_Bronson in a 10 yard sprint and I get to say go. :pondering:

I dont sprint for any reason lol. I'll put it to u this way, if my big a$$ is running toward u, bad things r comin lol and u better follow suit.
This is even better than the past years post of Johnson Central and Ashland. Both teams will have a hard fought win ahead of them!! I'll be pulling for Paintsville !
Slic Ric Wrote:Phelps didn't win the 200. Braden Brown of West Carter did.

This has nothing to do with Brown. Walkers 100 time was better than Phelps' and Phelps' 200 time was better than Walkers. As for Phelps, he's not even a track guy. He had a broke hand and couldn't play baseball, so he ran track last year.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Walker, Phelps, and Corey Smith, are all exceptional backs. But a Quinten Baker, Damien Harris, or Chris Jennings they are not. Watched Harris and Baker play and was on the sideline watching Jennings. Jennings is far and away the most impressive HS back to come out of KY since Alexander. As fast as Q, stronger than Harris. Those guys are legit D1 guys. Phelps picked up a great offer and I am super proud of him. But it takes much more than speed to be a contributing factor on a D1 football team. Now, simply getting the schollarship is enough for me, he gets to keep playing to sport he loves and gets a free education as well. But lets not pretend that he is going to OSU or Bama. Like I said its a major accomplishment. Speed picks up alot of attention. But he isnt as fast as the Hendricks kid yall had 2 years ago and he was bottled up like a can of pickeld corn in both games. Tyreese Allen will be Paintsville's determining factor against the Rams on both sides of the ball. Yall will live and die but what he is able to do upfront in pass rush. He is, imo, the best all around player on the team.

Wofford is a Division 1 school/program, and Kent is the only RB they recruited in the class of 2017. As far as Tyrese goes, yes he is gonna be a major factor, but we need to get penetration from all of our Dline. Tyrese will help in that department cause like all other teams we have faced, they will have to double team him. On the offensive side, the Oline is gonna be the key. Me and you both along with Blaze and couple others have already said it, battle in the trenches.
Redneck Wrote:This has nothing to do with Brown. Walkers 100 time was better than Phelps' and Phelps' 200 time was better than Walkers. As for Phelps, he's not even a track guy. He had a broke hand and couldn't play baseball, so he ran track last year.

Well it does when you're quoting wrong info LOL. And your point is what? He still ran. My whole point to begin with goes back to what I said earlier; Raceland can match your speed, & I agree that the line of scrimmage and turnovers will determine who wins.
Redneck Wrote:Wofford is a Division 1 school/program, and Kent is the only RB they recruited in the class of 2017. As far as Tyrese goes, yes he is gonna be a major factor, but we need to get penetration from all of our Dline. Tyrese will help in that department cause like all other teams we have faced, they will have to double team him. On the offensive side, the Oline is gonna be the key. Me and you both along with Blaze and couple others have already said it, battle in the trenches.

If you know anything about football you know games are won and lost upfront , on that note didn't Paintsvlle lose the majority of their line to graduation ? And Raceland returns the majority of theirs , along with the fact none of them are playing two ways . Advantage Rams
Slic Ric Wrote:Good luck trying to slice & dice through Isaac Wallace & Jerome Hall. He'll see plenty of them in two weeks. Phelps is a good athlete, & he'll get yardage, but he'll earn every yard he gets. He's not facing Sheldon Clark, Frankfort, or Ridgeview in two weeks.

So those boys u listed are Freshman? Cause if not I'm sure he got to see them plenty last year. They may have been a blurr while going by but he seen em!
anotherfootballnut Wrote:That will come in real handy if he runs the wrong way and has to turn around and run back to the correct endzone ..

Against Raceland he may get bored enough to do that!!Confusednicker:
anotherfootballnut Wrote:If you know anything about football you know games are won and lost upfront , on that note didn't Paintsvlle lose the majority of their line to graduation ? And Raceland returns the majority of theirs , along with the fact none of them are playing two ways . Advantage Rams

Yep Paintsville lost the MAJORITY of their line! Their line is WAY down from last year! Confusednicker: Seems you've got it figured out there NUT!
Blue_Bird96 Wrote:So those boys u listed are Freshman? Cause if not I'm sure he got to see them plenty last year. They may have been a blurr while going by but he seen em!

I wish they were Freshmen, because that would mean we'd have them three more years lol. You'll be very familiar with them after next Friday.
Blue_Bird96 Wrote:So those boys u listed are Freshman? Cause if not I'm sure he got to see them plenty last year. They may have been a blurr while going by but he seen em!

Which game you talking about???The game we beat you and it got taken away from us???Purtty sure he did squat in that game.And yes it's the same D line that beat you last year but got screwed! Sorry Blue but your in for a rude awakening
Call it a hunch

Raceland 28
Paintsville 26
  •  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next