Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Football tournament of Champions
The KHSAA needs to shorten the playoffs to 4 weeks... cause let's be honest, the first week of the playoffs are a JOKE!!! IMO, there is a very simple solution for another week of quality football.

Have four weeks for the playoffs, then have that 5th week for a Football Tournament of Champions.

1A vs. 2A
3A vs. 4A
5A vs. 6A

Or some type of format where the State Champions from each class would to play another state championship team. Have the Odd/Even numbered Class host the game on their home field a week or two after the state finals are over.

Coaches & Players probably wouldn't take this serious after the State Championship game for their Class UNLESS the KHSAA made this game a recognized Championship game as well. Call it the " 1A/2A Combined Championship" or something to that effect.

Just going off the 2015 state champions... this would be some INSANE football to watch.

Pikeville vs. Mayfield
Belfry vs. South Warren
Bowling Green vs. Male
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
I have always thought that would be cool. Especially when my Cardinals were in 1a and we kept hearing how we couldn't compete in 2a, even after beating a team that had beaten the 2a champs.
It would never happen but if they did it might as well do it right

8 Teams= State Champ from each class, the 6A Runner-Up,the 5A Runner-Up

Game 1: 6A Champ vs. 5A Runner-Up
Game 2: 5A Champ vs. 3A Champ
Game 3: 1A Champ vs. 2A Champ
Game 4: 4A Champ vs. 6A Runner-Up

Winner of Game 1 and Game 2 play
Winner of Game 3 and Game 4 play
4 games are plenty. When you lose you are eliminated
I got to looking.... if this system was in place during the 4 class system......

Highlands would have owned the state. They would have been better than Trinity, St. Xavier, Danville, Boyle County, Mayfield. It pains me to say it, but IMO, Highlands would have won the Tournament of Champions in a 4-1 or 5-1 ratio.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed