Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin @ Clay County ( Appalachian Bowl )
Thoughts and Predictions. :yawn::yawn::yawn:
Game Time 8.00pm. :HitWall::HitWall::HitWall:
Corbin 45. Clay 14
Corbin as bad as they want
I worked over 28 years in Clay County out of Respect I want be predicting a score. Confusedmoke:
Corbin big
corbi 50 clay 0
Pain for the Tiggers. Hounds by 36
Corbin 35-7
Corbin 42-7
Corbin by as much as they want 50+
Corbin with a running clock at halftime.

Corbin 49
Clay 7
Haddix's Hounds win EASILY after coming off a big revenge win against Central.
Look for the Hounds to roll big. One of those games where you hope you stay sharp and no one gets injured. Would setup a nice matchup next week between Corbin and Danville. The Hounds schedule is brutal after this week. @Danville, @Southwestern, and neutral site (I believe) against Mayfield.
I know the hounds are heavy favorites but the tigers are undefeated at home during coach smiths tenure. I believe Clay County plays inspired Friday night and pulls out the win.
Corbin 42-0
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Haddix is a pretty nice guy .Freshmen will get a lot of playing time.
Corbin, comfortably.
Here's the tougher prediction

How many Offensive Plays until Corbin has a running clock?

I will say 20 Offensive Plays

You take the over or the under?
My biggest question is why this game is even on the schedule at this point of both programs status. Why do you have Corbin in your bowl game when you are trying to build a program? What good does this game do for the Hounds? I fully understand the contractual obligations of bowl games, etc, but I am still puzzled.
Agreed!! Neither team will benefit from this meeting.

64SUR Wrote:I worked over 28 years in Clay County out of Respect I want be predicting a score. Confusedmoke:
You had NO problem predicting that my Black Bears will get their eyes beat shut this weekend!!!
I agree with your statement (@WalterWhite) on the benefit of both teams. For Corbin, it actually works out considering their upcoming schedule after this game. @Danville, @Southwestern, and neutral site against Mayfield. But I do agree. These bowl games are supposed to fit "evenly" matched teams against each other for competition purposes and to test where a team is. This does not do this on either accord. I would say that the bowl game is wanting Corbin in their bowl as well because of the sheer number of fans who will follow this team to play. It will help gate for sure.
Corbin's schedule is brutal. They needed an easy one to break up the Murderer's Row they play.
E's Army Wrote:Corbin's schedule is brutal. They needed an easy one to break up the Murderer's Row they play.

I question why Clay would add Corbin to their schedule, gate regardless. I know what is coming up for Corbin, and besides getting to rest players and play everybody, this will be of little benefit.
Corbin - 53

Clay County - 6
walterwhite Wrote:My biggest question is why this game is even on the schedule at this point of both programs status. Why do you have Corbin in your bowl game when you are trying to build a program? What good does this game do for the Hounds? I fully understand the contractual obligations of bowl games, etc, but I am still puzzled.

I understand completely what your saying. The problem is if your perceived to have a good program no one will play home and home with you. So you have to find games anyway you can or not play a full schedule. This problem will only get worse until they change the playoffs where you have to play yourself in.
Corbin scores early and often. Running clock before halftime.
walterwhite Wrote:My biggest question is why this game is even on the schedule at this point of both programs status. Why do you have Corbin in your bowl game when you are trying to build a program? What good does this game do for the Hounds? I fully understand the contractual obligations of bowl games, etc, but I am still puzzled.
Last year Coach Combs, who was Haddix's teammate at Breathitt, ask for the game and out of friendship Haddix agreed. Corbin was suppose to get out of playing Clay this year and had someone agree to play the Hounds week 2. Before the new contracts were signed the Corbin AD retired and it fell through the cracks. Corbin only named a new AD this week. All this came from someone on Haddix's staff.
jamesdeane Wrote:Last year Coach Combs, who was Haddix's teammate at Breathitt, ask for the game and out of friendship Haddix agreed. Corbin was suppose to get out of playing Clay this year and had someone agree to play the Hounds week 2. Before the new contracts were signed the Corbin AD retired and it fell through the cracks. Corbin only named a new AD this week. All this came from someone on Haddix's staff.

This makes more sense. Not that it makes sense at all.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Here's the tougher prediction

How many Offensive Plays until Corbin has a running clock?

I will say 20 Offensive Plays

You take the over or the under?
Give me the under TongueirateSho
I say 18 plays.:igiveup:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!