Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
West Ky Pre Season Rankings
Caldwell hasn't slipped that much.
Caldwell should still be good. Franklin simpson really should have given them a better game last year. They beat a pretty good hoptown, but got beat by almost 30 by Caldwell Hard to figure. I'm curious how Caldwell last regular season game goes. When them and mayfield are both good, and it's at Caldwell it's been a slobberknocker, but when it's at mayfield its like half there team stayed on the bus.
Dang after posting that realized I almost said the same thing earlier. Hope I ain't getting dementia already.
This year we will win by 4 or more touchdowns.
mysonis55 Wrote:This year we will win by 4 or more touchdowns.
Caldwell will beat FS?
Who will y'all beat by 4 or more TDS?
Probably the least amount of preseason info circulating about PT this year than in the 20 years I have followed them. You hear bits about them not having much and holding tough practices and maybe running the wildcat. Barber is still an unknown quantity, even if he was all PAC 10 @ USC and played a few seasons in the NFL. We will know soon enough.
The Franklin Simpson game is in Princeton, should be a great game.
missthefield Wrote:The Franklin Simpson game is in Princeton, should be a great game.

I thinks so too.
I am high on Caldwell this year.

Would not be the least bit surprised to see them come out of the West in 3A.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I am high on Caldwell this year.

Would not be the least bit surprised to see them come out of the West in 3A.

Me either I think they have a great shot to come out of the west. I think they at least make it to the semis. I am curious about Adair county. They are my dark horse.
killbilly usmc Wrote:Me either I think they have a great shot to come out of the west. I think they at least make it to the semis. I am curious about Adair county. They are my dark horse.

Outside of Belfry and Corbin, Adair is the most experienced team in 3A.

The problem with Adair is they are like the kid that got held back twice in 1st Grade. They bully the other First Graders because they are bigger and stronger..but the second they are with people their same age they are the ones that get bullied.

Adair has feasted on a horrible schedule for two years and dominated, but then when they finally play a good team in their District or the playoffs they get destroyed.

I think Adair is a legit Top 10 team... but with their soft as charmin schedule it is hard to think that history won't repeat itself when they square up with a Caldwell County or Tilghman.

Here is their schedule:
Aug 19, 16 Taylor County
Aug 26, 16 Caverna
Sep 2, 16 LaRue County
Sep 9, 16 Metcalfe County
Sep 16, 16 Russell County
Sep 23, 16 Kentucky Country Day
Sep 30, 16 Edmonson County
Oct 14, 16 Elizabethtown
Oct 21, 16 Hart County
Oct 28, 16 Casey County

The only teams that have a pulse are Taylor County and Etown. Taylor County was 5-6 with all 5 wins being over bad teams. Etown crushed Adair when they played, but loses 8 or 9 starters each way.

How will they respond against a good team when the game speeds up? It's like running a 5K at a 12:00 per mile pace and then being asked to only run a mile... but to do it in 6:00
I was referring to the last game of the regular season. Mayfield will beat Caldwell by 4 or more touchdowns this year.
Tilghman going with a pro set, will throw the ball a lot with former Lone Oak OC Elliot Treece calling the plays for Kurt Barber's squad.
Preston has Franklin-Simpson trending in the right direction. A lot of bodies and a lot of talent. Definitely gonna make some noise.
blue55 Wrote:Tilghman going with a pro set, will throw the ball a lot with former Lone Oak OC Elliot Treece calling the plays for Kurt Barber's squad.

Tilghman always has great athletes and always plays a tough schedule. I believe the new coaching staff will turn them around by the end of year. I saw Kurt Barber play in high school. He was a beast. PT is in good hands.
Barber is also getting some people to play that have not been playing, numbers always a help.
Barber has had several D-1 jobs as an assistant and most recently was at Campbellsville. Wish him the best.

PT needs to: 1) Eliminate the critical mistakes that have stopped drives and cost them games. 2) Eliminate the senseless penalties of emotion that have dogged the program for years. 3) Restore some sense of organization. I cannot tell you how many times I have seen rapid fire game management flags: illegal procedure, off sides, too much time, illegal formation, illegal participation, etc.

The mistakes and penalties were not so important when you had SEC caliber athletes who could make up the loss on the next play. But it has really hurt the past 2-3 years.
Tica Wrote:Barber has had several D-1 jobs as an assistant and most recently was at Campbellsville. Wish him the best.

PT needs to: 1) Eliminate the critical mistakes that have stopped drives and cost them games. 2) Eliminate the senseless penalties of emotion that have dogged the program for years. 3) Restore some sense of organization. I cannot tell you how many times I have seen rapid fire game management flags: illegal procedure, off sides, too much time, illegal formation, illegal participation, etc.

The mistakes and penalties were not so important when you had SEC caliber athletes who could make up the loss on the next play. But it has really hurt the past 2-3 years.

You are 100% correct but I will also add they need to significantly beef up in the trenches in a big way if a State Championship is their goal.

When you have Belfry, Central, Corbin, and Boyle County in your class the next few years you don't stand a chance at a ring if you don't get bigger, stronger, and deeper up front.

The Tilghman line the past two years has been TINY. Even had they put it together from a discipline standpoint there days would have been numbered in a class that has been built on physical defenses and powerful O-lines.

I think a lot of this comes back to what was just said about getting players out more than anything. I have no doubt Tilghman has the beef needed walking their hallways if they can just get them out on the field.
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:Preston has Franklin-Simpson trending in the right direction. A lot of bodies and a lot of talent. Definitely gonna make some noise.

Going into his 5th season they should be trending in the right direction.
IMO, F.Simpson had more talent than they had results last year. I think they should have been better... This may be the case this year, too.. I didn't rank them as high as they probably deserve from a talent standpoint, but, they have all season to move and make believers out of everyone..
KYHSFBFan Wrote:IMO, F.Simpson had more talent than they had results last year. I think they should have been better... This may be the case this year, too.. I didn't rank them as high as they probably deserve from a talent standpoint, but, they have all season to move and make believers out of everyone..

Last year the wildcats were primarily a running team. If they worked on their passing game in the off season, they have a chance to play with anyone. Franklin Simpson is a very good football team. Don't count them out.
FS will be scary good!
Adair will show this year what they can do every single play maker is back they lost 3 players on defense that will be replaced this year with much better athletes. Adair could have very easily beat Caldwell Co. if they would have been more prepared on defense..Hopefully coach Stephens can fix that problem.
Moose Head Wrote:Adair will show this year what they can do every single play maker is back they lost 3 players on defense that will be replaced this year with much better athletes. Adair could have very easily beat Caldwell Co. if they would have been more prepared on defense..Hopefully coach Stephens can fix that problem.

Very easily is a bit of a stretch I'd say. I do expect Adair to be good this year, but the defense must be a lot better to have a shot of getting out of the region.
Adair had a good year in 2015. To take the program to the next level and stay, work to improve the quality of the non-district schedule. Adair was one of the few ranked 3A teams last year with opponents having a losing record.
Moose Head Wrote:Adair will show this year what they can do every single play maker is back they lost 3 players on defense that will be replaced this year with much better athletes. Adair could have very easily beat Caldwell Co. if they would have been more prepared on defense..Hopefully coach Stephens can fix that problem.

Confusednicker:Confusednicker:Confusednicker:Confusednicker::please:
:thatsfunn, They will get the chance to play them again, but Caldwell's defense will be better and their offense will still be potent.
missthefield Wrote::thatsfunn, They will get the chance to play them again, but Caldwell's defense will be better and their offense will still be potent.
Caldwell will miss Cain alot he was by far their best player.
Not saying Adair County cannot win the next game if they play, but Caldwell County was never in danger of losing the game last year, Caldwell will miss Cain but they are hardly a one man team. They said the same thing about Sindelar, now Shane Burns is one of the better quarterbacks in the state and is just a junior. I would still put my money on the Tigers if they meet again and so will mos people.
Cain was 50-60 percent of the team. Had they not had him last year in the Mayfield game, it would have been all Cardinals. He accounted for more than half their points in unconventional ways. They had no offense. Cain had a long pick 6. He also had a long punt return for td. The offense was mostly nonexistent. The only other td they had was a run up the middle with a huge hold missed on the mlb.