•  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville 2016
bac2369 Wrote:Only if Phelps and Morris can't run the ball...

Every play ...... :yikes:
Guys they got a transfer from another mountain school i don't see 1,2,3 players bringing him down. It's going to be an interesting season for them
TigerBlues Wrote:Every play ...... :yikes:

No need to throw the ball when u can hand it off to those 2...
bac2369 Wrote:No need to throw the ball when u can hand it off to those 2...

Tell that to Pikeville, I'm sure they would have a good laugh at that one
TigerBlues Wrote:Tell that to Pikeville, I'm sure they would have a good laugh at that one

Pikeville could of run the ball 95% of the time last year and throwed a couple times a game and still been the way they were.
TigerBlues Wrote:Tell that to Pikeville, I'm sure they would have a good laugh at that one

Pikeville lost several players from 2015. Only about half of those kids return. So they got some holes to fill just like you guys do.
bac2369 Wrote:Pikeville could of run the ball 95% of the time last year and throwed a couple times a game and still been the way they were.

1. Ability to pass with multiple receiving threats made the running game even more lethal.

2. Phelps and whoever else runs the ball aren't in the same league as Pugh, B. Charles, Vanderbeck, Battaile, Rhodes and company...
bac2369 Wrote:Pikeville lost several players from 2015. Only about half of those kids return. So they got some holes to fill just like you guys do.

Dude you are going to be shocked (again) at what Pikeville brings to the table...TongueirateSho
jetpilot Wrote:1. Ability to pass with multiple receiving threats made the running game even more lethal.

2. Phelps and whoever else runs the ball aren't in the same league as Pugh, B. Charles, Vanderbeck, Battaile, Rhodes and company...

My point to Bac was this JP, with Kash you had two options to either throw or run when needed to extend the drive without him it's going to change the entire offense by not being able to pass effectively. Then you have a one dimensional offense and everyone is licking their chops and have 11 in the box and dare them to throw it, the backup answer to Kash transferred to Ashland
TigerBlues Wrote:My point to Bac was this JP, with Kash you had two options to either throw or run when needed to extend the drive without him it's going to change the entire offense by not being able to pass effectively. Then you have a one dimensional offense and everyone is licking their chops and have 11 in the box and dare them to throw it, the backup answer to Kash transferred to Ashland

I knew where you were coming from TB...Paintsville will be a hard hitting team and play solid D again, but their offense is a big question mark at this point. Phelps is excellent but he will get killed without at least 2 other viable options IMO...and one must be a solid QB who can run and throw...
jetpilot Wrote:I knew where you were coming from TB...Paintsville will be a hard hitting team and play solid D again, but their offense is a big question mark at this point. Phelps is excellent but he will get killed without at least 2 other viable options IMO...and one must be a solid QB who can run and throw...

Right on JP
Other than Phelps running the ball, you will see big Tyrese Allen, Darren Morris, Dalton Daniels, possibly Christian Keaton. I think Chris Allen will be the QB. Last year's game against Pikeville in the State Semi's was a tough situation to put the Freshman in, especially it being a game time decision on Kash. He will do fine. The Oline is the question mark.
jetpilot Wrote:1. Ability to pass with multiple receiving threats made the running game even more lethal.

I agree with 1. But Paintsville will have more than one option...QB play will be key but they still put up just as many points without Kash in the semis as Beechwood did.

Paintsville is not my team to cheer for but when I see potential and then you add the transfers you may can see what I see
jetpilot Wrote:Dude you are going to be shocked (again) at what Pikeville brings to the table...TongueirateSho

Who's shocked? They are the favorite and we know and most of eastern Kentucky but it's a new year and we can't dwell on last year...
TigerBlues Wrote:My point to Bac was this JP, with Kash you had two options to either throw or run when needed to extend the drive without him it's going to change the entire offense by not being able to pass effectively. Then you have a one dimensional offense and everyone is licking their chops and have 11 in the box and dare them to throw it, the backup answer to Kash transferred to Ashland

The QB who played for Kash will need time adjust and looks to be a solid athlete and I think Paintsville will be just fine..
Redneck Wrote:Other than Phelps running the ball, you will see big Tyrese Allen, Darren Morris, Dalton Daniels, possibly Christian Keaton. I think Chris Allen will be the QB. Last year's game against Pikeville in the State Semi's was a tough situation to put the Freshman in, especially it being a game time decision on Kash. He will do fine. The Oline is the question mark.

Offensive line is where the work will be needed.. They will be ready come playoff time

You an TB both been drinkin' outdated Gilby's gin instead of 15yr Pappy, if you think Kent Phelps isn't in the same league as those guys. Wyatt is the only of those mentioned, that can lay a claim.
Confusedmoke: <<<< closest thing I could find to a "smoking crack" emoji.
Ring'Em Up Wrote:You an TB both been drinkin' outdated Gilby's gin instead of 15yr Pappy, if you think Kent Phelps isn't in the same league as those guys. Wyatt is the only of those mentioned, that can lay a claim.

I didn't mean it that way REU, just this coming year. Phelps is a great back for sure but will have to be physically prepared to do the majority of the carries.
And Gilbys gin is pretty good stuff Confusednicker:
Any chance JW sees significant action with the 1st team this year? That young man's going to be special.
samson81 Wrote:Any chance JW sees significant action with the 1st team this year? That young man's going to be special.

Who's JW?
bac2369 Wrote:Who's JW?

Kent Phelps little brother

After reading this again, I think I misunderstood what you were saying. You were comparing the units as a whole. My apologies on the snarkiness in my first reply, lol. :igiveup:
bac2369 Wrote:I agree with 1. But Paintsville will have more than one option...QB play will be key but they still put up just as many points without Kash in the semis as Beechwood did.

Paintsville is not my team to cheer for but when I see potential and then you add the transfers you may can see what I see

Didn't score as many as Beechwood. 2 scores were due to special teams, one of those in the last minute or so when it was a blowout.

Paintsville didn't generate much offense at all. Pikeville defense held Phelps (and the whole Paintsville team) under 100 yards rushing and held them to 2 completions for 24 yards passing. So yes Paintsville has some big questions on offense, especially after losing some very good linemen and of course Kash.
jetpilot Wrote:Didn't score as many as Beechwood. 2 scores were due to special teams, one of those in the last minute or so when it was a blowout.

Paintsville didn't generate much offense at all. Pikeville defense held Phelps (and the whole Paintsville team) under 100 yards rushing and held them to 2 completions for 24 yards passing. So yes Paintsville has some big questions on offense, especially after losing some very good linemen.

QB position will be gigantic for the Tigers JP, maybe Bac forgot about what happened when Battle moved to QB ?
Ring'Em Up Wrote:You an TB both been drinkin' outdated Gilby's gin instead of 15yr Pappy, if you think Kent Phelps isn't in the same league as those guys. Wyatt is the only of those mentioned, that can lay a claim.

Talking about the GROUP not being in the same league as the Pikeville group, which is true. Phelps is excellent, he will need some help is all I was saying.
bac2369 Wrote:Who's shocked? They are the favorite and we know and most of eastern Kentucky but it's a new year and we can't dwell on last year...

Read my post again, I was talking about this year.TongueirateSho
TigerBlues Wrote:Kent Phelps little brother

What position does he play?
jetpilot Wrote:Didn't score as many as Beechwood. 2 scores were due to special teams, one of those in the last minute or so when it was a blowout.

Paintsville didn't generate much offense at all. Pikeville defense held Phelps (and the whole Paintsville team) under 100 yards rushing and held them to 2 completions for 24 yards passing. So yes Paintsville has some big questions on offense, especially after losing some very good linemen and of course Kash.

Still don't matter. beechwood put up a touchdown in garbage time to make it 28 instead of 21.... I think it was a valiant effort without Kash to put up those points... 3 passes total of course there not going to get much yardage when you don't try..... Yes they have holes to fills but so does Pikeville....
TigerBlues Wrote:QB position will be gigantic for the Tigers JP, maybe Bac forgot about what happened when Battle moved to QB ?

I agree it will but 2 to 5 throws a game isn't going to get it done.. I think Paintsville will be ok when he gets a game under his belt with throwing the ball..
Tigers definitely have some line spots to fill. I think that's the biggest question mark for them on the season.
  •  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next