Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prestonsburg @ Betsy Layne (58th Championship/at Prestonsburg)
This will be for the 58th championship and I think the Blackcats will get it !!!

Sean Leslie and Lewis Barnett will have big games again and the Pep Section will be ready for this one !
Prestonsburg--78
Betsy Layne--69
Betsy Layne is unstoppable with Kidd, Witt, and the foreign kid underneath. P'Burg, however, has guards like no other team in the region in Stephens, McGuire, and Herrick. I think this will be an inside battle, with both teams trying to fould the other team's big men out. But I think Betsy Layne just has too much size and intensity down low for P'Burg to handle. If Prestonsburg wants to win this game, I believe they will have to rely on the guard play of Stephens, Herrick, McGuire, and Hughes off of the bench. Leslie and Barnette will score, but the 3 big men for Betsy Layne will offset them, and I think Stapleton and Thacker, as well as Case need to step up for this game. Should be a VERY intriguing match-up. But I'm taking Rose over Crisp!!!!!
"StrikeoutKing" Wrote:Betsy Layne is unstoppable with Kidd, Witt, and the foreign kid underneath. P'Burg, however, has guards like no other team in the region in Stephens, McGuire, and Herrick. I think this will be an inside battle, with both teams trying to fould the other team's big men out. But I think Betsy Layne just has too much size and intensity down low for P'Burg to handle. If Prestonsburg wants to win this game, I believe they will have to rely on the guard play of Stephens, Herrick, McGuire, and Hughes off of the bench. Leslie and Barnette will score, but the 3 big men for Betsy Layne will offset them, and I think Stapleton and Thacker, as well as Case need to step up for this game. Should be a VERY intriguing match-up. But I'm taking Rose over Crisp!!!!!

Have you seen Prestonsburg play?

If you had, you should know that Prestonsburg has the best 2 big men in the region. Their guards are good and have the ability to score, but as long as they get it to Leslie and Barnette they are unstoppable. Prestonsburg defense is way better than Betsy Layne's, and if they play like they did tonight, which I think they will, I take Prestonsburg by 20+. Also, the last time Prestonsburg played BL, Thacker had most of their points, Kidd didn't do anything.

I don't mean to sound cocky either, Prestonsburg is very beatable and BL has a team that can do it, but if they play like they can I think Prestonsburg will come out on top. Just don't get a big head P-burg.
Kidd is a little 1 storie building compared to Sean lesie and Barnett and the other guys from BL like the guy that comes off the bench and the guy from serbia ! The last time these teams played Caise and Thacker had 80% of there points and we didnt play good that game ! Pburg will play to good for BL to stop !
I would have to take Prestonsburg in this one.
The wat Prestonsburg played tonight I will take them by 12!
Pburg if they play like they did tonight. Ah hell I say P-burg no matter how they play. Smile
Should be a good game. Actually, it shouldn't be, but we all know how that goes. Prestonsburg by 9. Leslie and Barnette are indeed the two best big men in the Region.
THE FLAGS WILL BE THERE LOL

Lets go blackcats!
Dont Matter How Good U Are When U Play @ P-burg It Dependes On How Bad The Refs Screw U Over
"Va.Tech#5" Wrote:Dont Matter How Good U Are When U Play @ P-burg It Dependes On How Bad The Refs Screw U Over

We have a comedian on here.
Prestonsburg
"Va.Tech#5" Wrote:Dont Matter How Good U Are When U Play @ P-burg It Dependes On How Bad The Refs Screw U Over
Sore loser I see. :Third:
i'm hoping the blackcats show up like they did tonight and if that is the case, then it is going to be a second place for the bobcats!
Hey BCF4L, why do they get 3rd???
i dont believe AC got beat that bad!!!! lol
"blackcatfaithful" Wrote:i'm hoping the blackcats show up like they did tonight and if that is the case, then it is going to be a second place for the bobcats!
Hey BCF4L, why do they get 3rd???
i dont believe AC got beat that bad!!!! lol
I didn't see a 4th place emoticon. Smile
BL they have the best bigman in the region this year in Kidd
"JuSt_A_fAn" Wrote:BL they have the best bigman in the region this year in Kidd
Yea with his amazing 6 or 8 points against the worst team in the region. (Allen Central) Rolleyes
-BL is good but I am goin with Pburg on this one by 9*
IMO i dont think that either of these teams have the best big men in the region because the 15th region does not have any legit big men. But if there was one that i would have to choose it would be Shawn Thompson LC.

But anyway if BL can controll the tempo of the game i think that they will win.

BL 67

Pburg 63
Good luck to both teams.
"blackcat" Wrote:Have you seen Prestonsburg play?

If you had, you should know that Prestonsburg has the best 2 big men in the region. Their guards are good and have the ability to score, but as long as they get it to Leslie and Barnette they are unstoppable. Prestonsburg defense is way better than Betsy Layne's, and if they play like they did tonight, which I think they will, I take Prestonsburg by 20+. Also, the last time Prestonsburg played BL, Thacker had most of their points, Kidd didn't do anything.

I don't mean to sound cocky either, Prestonsburg is very beatable and BL has a team that can do it, but if they play like they can I think Prestonsburg will come out on top. Just don't get a big head P-burg.

Yeah, Prestonsburg is real unstoppable, if memory serves me right BLHS beat the tar out of P-burg twice this year, and I guarantee a win tomorrow night. It doesn't matter how big and bad Leslie and Barnett are, if they can't shoot over the big blue boys they won't win. BLHS winning at the blackcats home court by 10. boom goes the dynamite!
Both teams are very solid. Prestonsburg played very well last night, but the South Floyd defense isn't the best in the district. Leslie and Barnett both looked good, however Ryan Little was out for much of the game leaving South Floyd with a very small line up. That won't be the case for the Betsy Layne game, Case, Klokocar, Witt and Kidd are all capable of putting up big numbers and hitting the boards. Honestly I think Klokocar may have Leslie's number. Overall, I think these teams match up very well against each other.
Go Betsy Layne!!!!!!!!!!!

Bobcats in a very close game
Moderators...what is with allowing all the vulgarity on here? I thought you guys were supposed to stop things like this.

Why do you people feel the need to fill your statements with little four letter words like that? Be better than that.
Come on BL knock those Blackcats off those high horses!
Blackcat, when I posted earlier, I had only watched the first half of the South Floyd game, and had not yet seen the score, and by saying the things about Betsy Layne, I was basing that on the performance against Allen Central. Barnette is one of the best players, IMO, in the region, by far. He is very underrated. And Leslie is a great compliment to him, you can't guard one without the other one making you pay. And yes, I don't think BL's defense is as good as P'Burg's. This game SHOULD be very interesting, but after reading about P'Burg's perfromance against the defending District Champions, I'm saying:

Prestonsburg - 74
Betsy Layne - 68
"StrikeoutKing" Wrote:Blackcat, when I posted earlier, I had only watched the first half of the South Floyd game, and had not yet seen the score, and by saying the things about Betsy Layne, I was basing that on the performance against Allen Central. Barnette is one of the best players, IMO, in the region, by far. He is very underrated. And Leslie is a great compliment to him, you can't guard one without the other one making you pay. And yes, I don't think BL's defense is as good as P'Burg's. This game SHOULD be very interesting, but after reading about P'Burg's perfromance against the defending District Champions, I'm saying:

Prestonsburg - 74
Betsy Layne - 68

What do base your defensive statement on? Prestonsburg's defensive effort did look better last night, but there are reasons why. No offense to South Floyd, but they don't move much without the ball. It is easier to defend someone standing still waiting to take the shot. The fact is the shots were just not falling. Who's defensive assignment was Ryan Johnson, he scored 21 points,pretty much at will. The lane was open all night.
Actually Kidd had more than 6-8 points against AC, Look at the stats before you run your mouth. Don't count BL out, however, they are going to have to play better to beat P-burg. Why are you guys hating BL was cheering for you last night! It will be a good game, but I think it will be a much more classy game than last nights. Give credit where it is due and don't count out BL
BL by 10...
"BBandG" Wrote:What do base your defensive statement on? Prestonsburg's defensive effort did look better last night, but there are reasons why. No offense to South Floyd, but they don't move much without the ball. It is easier to defend someone standing still waiting to take the shot. The fact is the shots were just not falling. Who's defensive assignment was Ryan Johnson, he scored 21 points,pretty much at will. The lane was open all night.

Let's think here. South Floyd is probably the best 3 point shooting team in the region, and they have 3 of the best shooters. Now do you think that it was just an off night by SF, which doesn't happen often or was it because Prestonsburg's defenders had a hand in their face all night disrupting their shots?

I don't know if it's me or just people don't understand the concept of defense. My point is Prestonsburg caused SF to have a bad night, it wasn't because their shots weren't falling. They never had an open look all night.