•  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin 2016
mysonis55 Wrote:Wow, east Ky folk, "Can't we all just get along?"

No.
Paul Crewe Wrote:Good , however, with the state of programs are today, Williamsburg would be by far the least likely. Corbin has a shot. That is what I am speaking about with knowledge of state programs. I may have overreacted , but it makes me wonder when people say we don't need the kids and go to Whitley because they are terrible. I would think any program would want all their kids, especially those who played. He played in the opener. Just a thought.

Who is He and They?
Paul Crewe Wrote:I can agree with that ,exception , competing for region every year. Competing is to me being in games with a chance to win. But that is ok. If people are wondering who is better then I believe that team has achieved competing status. Since 89 Whitley is about 170- 120 around .600 ball. I think we are competing. You may not , but we can disagree.

Whitley didn't even have a losing record from 90-01
Campbell only had 3 losing seasons in his 18 years.
Black had a horrible first two year before going to semis and then having a decent couple of years after that and we know what its been since then.

The reason some think Whitley has never competed are the same who don't being up the competition Whitley has always had within there districts. Whitley was stuck in a district with Rock and Bell when in 3A and no mountain team was ever going to compete in 4A football when there was only 4 classes. If anything, this is the best situation Whitley has been in class and district wise in maybe forever. But until the necessary changes are made from top to bottom, they will never make it over that final hump. You have to retain those players. Its somewhat of an weird situation. Whitley has a great youth football league, but its not designed to retain players, only to offer the extra curricular activity for the grade school kids. They lose over half those kids when they go to middle school. Whitley could sport two separate 60 man football teams in 7th grade if everyone kept playing.
mysonis55 Wrote:Wow, east Ky folk, "Can't we all just get along?"

Not in this county.
There were only 1 or 2 Corbin fans like gbb82 on here for years until they stated to revive the program....
Gut you seem to have all the answers, they only problem is you never share them. Anyone can sit back and say what you just said, you did share any information that would help solve any problem, actually you became more of the problem. Please share a solution.
Paul Crewe Wrote:Gut you seem to have all the answers, they only problem is you never share them. Anyone can sit back and say what you just said, you did share any information that would help solve any problem, actually you became more of the problem. Please share a solution.

The problems I stated are valid are they not?

I don't get paid to answer it for them. That is the duty of the athletic director and the coaches.

However this is a Corbin thread and needs to stay on topic. Those problems can be discussed in the Whitley thread if someone wants to.
Is this a Corbin or Whitley thread?
Corbin, they are losing some players and they say they don't need them anyway.

Does anyone know why they are leaving?
Paul Crewe Wrote:Corbin, they are losing some players and they say they don't need them anyway.

There is only 1 kid that I've been told is heading to Whitley. It's not that we don't need him (I'm sure he would have helped on special teams), however he quit early last season after falling behind others on the depth chart. I would assume he is transferring due to academic reasons considering he decided football was not for him.
Paul Crewe Wrote:Corbin, they are losing some players and they say they don't need them anyway.

From what I've heard a couple may leave because they couldnt crack the starting lineup.
Corbin is not losing any players that Played Freshmen, JV, or Varsity to finish out the year.
Corbin will dress close to 75-85 players this year.
Why the play on words by so many Corbin fans? Does it hurt your feeling when a kids leaves?
PRIDE101 Wrote:Why the play on words by so many Corbin fans? Does it hurt your feeling when a kids leaves?

I think they are saying that since he quit last year that he is not really part of the team.
PRIDE101 Wrote:Why the play on words by so many Corbin fans? Does it hurt your feeling when a kids leaves?

If a kid quit in August of 2015 I wouldn't consider them part of the team anymore. Therefore I'm pretty indifferent to them leaving. Could they have helped in some regards, absolutely. But as it is he is not playing anyway so it's not like we're losing production. Could he help Whitley, yes most likely. As I've said previously the kid and whitley could both benefit if he joins their program. Anything else with word play is out of respect for the people involved. Not sure why this subject is being beat so much. Everyone involved seems happy with the situation.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Whitley didn't even have a losing record from 90-01
Campbell only had 3 losing seasons in his 18 years.
Black had a horrible first two year before going to semis and then having a decent couple of years after that and we know what its been since then.

The reason some think Whitley has never competed are the same who don't being up the competition Whitley has always had within there districts. Whitley was stuck in a district with Rock and Bell when in 3A and no mountain team was ever going to compete in 4A football when there was only 4 classes. If anything, this is the best situation Whitley has been in class and district wise in maybe forever. But until the necessary changes are made from top to bottom, they will never make it over that final hump. You have to retain those players. Its somewhat of an weird situation. Whitley has a great youth football league, but its not designed to retain players, only to offer the extra curricular activity for the grade school kids. They lose over half those kids when they go to middle school. Whitley could sport two separate 60 man football teams in 7th grade if everyone kept playing.

They need another middle school for sure.
Paul Crewe Wrote:Gut you seem to have all the answers, they only problem is you never share them. Anyone can sit back and say what you just said, you did share any information that would help solve any problem, actually you became more of the problem. Please share a solution.

What's the plan? What's it going to take to bring the Colonels to the top?
The Outsider Wrote:From what I've heard a couple may leave because they couldnt crack the starting lineup.

sounds like a bunch of BS to me.
pjdoug Wrote:What's the plan? What's it going to take to bring the Colonels to the top?

Recruiting a few more Corbin players would be my first suggestion. It takes 11 to play. Rumors are they have pulled 3 already, that would mean you need 8 more Red Hounds. :Thumbs:
Better worry about why anyone would want to leave, not where they go. Why would they want to leave the Mighty Redhounds?
Paul Crewe Wrote:Better worry about why anyone would want to leave, not where they go. Why would they want to leave the Mighty Redhounds?

As an outsider, I would guess that Corbin being a 3A school and dressing upwards of 85 players may be a problem for some. Only the strong survive. Some kids fight for it, some kids leave when things get tough. It's just how it goes.
You post as many times as you have for the Mighty Redhounds , one may consider you a fan.
Corbin will be really good, look for them to be in semi's with Belfry.
I'm a bandwagoner. Corbin will be good, so I like them. Whitley, not so much. I'll be a Whitley fan in 3-4 years when they're much improved.
Paul Crewe Wrote:Corbin will be really good, look for them to be in semi's with Belfry.

Paul, you're drunk. If my Corbin sources are correct, look for Bell County to be with Belfry in the semi's. There is a trade still on the table. The Hounds could blow it with this one.
Fair enough. Did you wear 18 for the Wildcats?
#18 for Wildcats?
Yes I did.
I'm going to take Bell over Corbin in 2016.
Wildcat18 Wrote:Recruiting a few more Corbin players would be my first suggestion. It takes 11 to play. Rumors are they have pulled 3 already, that would mean you need 8 more Red Hounds. :Thumbs:

So you mean 8 Redhounds that were originally Colonels anyway.
Wildcat18 Wrote:I'm a bandwagoner. Corbin will be good, so I like them. Whitley, not so much. I'll be a Whitley fan in 3-4 years when they're much improved.

I've always been a Whitley fan and always will be oneSmile
  •  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next