Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who Will Trump Pick for VP
TheRealThing Wrote:LOL, well it smacks of the obvious to me.
Of course it does. Rewarding evil behavior with a vote is just asking for more of the same.
TheRealThing Wrote:I would never try to impose my will on your right of choice Wide. These are some very nice posts and I am proud of you.

****Note before reading: I'm responding to your whole post here but have cut off the other parts of it in the quote to save space.****

TRT, relating to your first sentence – thank you for your kind words. I do make it a goal to be fair to everybody I’m posting with. As DMW found out, anybody who reaches out like that will certainly get a kind, fair shake from me in return regardless of viewpoint. One may not agree, but I'll certainly do my best to be understanding.

Trump has strived for unity but in my opinion has been the most divisive Republican I can remember, at least in my lifetime. We needed somebody to take a major stand against the establishment. You’ve heard just as much as anybody on here my grumblings about the establishment. If people like Jeb Bush were standing against Trump, that would be one thing. Instead, you have non-establishment Republicans that have been outnumbered heavily on both sides in congress that I’m talking about that Trump has treated horribly. These should be his allies and he can’t just shove them to the side. You mentioned in one of these threads recently that you would have liked to see the Ted Cruz that won Iowa, the Ted Cruz that gave the graceful concession speech. That Ted Cruz would have been impossible to bring out and win against Donald Trump with some of the antics he has been pulling over Twitter and in his interviews. Most people want a candidate that entertains and insults, rather than a candidate that is professional. I’m just surprised that Trump hasn’t been held to the same level of professionalism expected out of Cruz in your discussions about him with regard to some of the antics he has pulled.

Many Trump supporters want to see unity but do so with a caustic approach of name-calling and verbal rants without the desire to open up discussion on issues. That’s not how you unite with people. If uniting with this group means me setting aside my values, it’s not happening. I’ll take divisiveness over sacrificing my morals. Be it when Trump brought Barbara Bush into the scenario through an ad or going to antics such as comparing the psychology of Ben Carson to a child molester, this is not the behavior we want to see in the President of the United States.

I know your concerns because we share the exact same concerns. You concern about the redefinition of marriage and now, the extent of “transgender rights” that are being pushed in our schools and by this administration. We share concern about the sanctity of life and defending the rights of the unborn - with the hopes of one day overturning Roe v. Wade. Choosing Trump might help us out a little bit on those issues, but – pretending Ted Cruz doesn’t exist here – we had other candidates to choose from. Rubio, for one, would have been excellent at defending both of these issues mostly, and turning our country back to God. Last summer you took a pretty strong stand around Trump. I didn’t see much else coming from you in terms of supporting one of these other candidates that we know would have made a substantial impact in these areas. The establishment hasn’t been rebelled against because they’re not conservative enough. It’s because they haven’t taken action. Every Trump supporter on this board is on record stating that they do not know what he’s going to do. I might have said something different in 2008 or even 2012 regarding whether or not we should support him. But considering – again, Cruz out of the equation – we had people that would have pushed changes, why take that kind of heavy risk on a candidate that just the other day dodged his stance on bathroom laws that even some of the weaker Republican governors listed in my prior post have stood up to?

What is done, is done, that is true. We have made the mistake and I don’t even what to begin to think about what the consequences are going to be for this. Uniting around the Republican Party just for the sake of unity, it’s not happening – that would be cowardly for me to do, if anything, because I'm not going to go along with the crowd and abandon what I believe. If that gets people like RIUTG calling me names, I don’t care. Uniting around a single man with this cult-like mentality is what leads to societies falling apart. It’s what leads to cults. It’s what leads to homosexual “marriages” and not being able to define the correct bathroom. This is the same thing that happened with Barack Obama and his supporters.

The Republican Party had the opportunity to send multiple candidates that would have been good, and didn’t. So whatever the consequences this decision brings, so be it. If Donald Trump starts acting more presidential or pandering to the Christian base, it will probably be because his polls numbers are slipping because of one or the other – not because it’s what he truly believes. He is telling the people what they want to hear, and in many respects, is no different from the ordinary politician.
^
Nobody has called you any names.
If you all can dish it out, do expect to take it though.

Its like you are the seahawks three weeks after the superbowl and still arguing to give the ball to Marshawn Lynch. The game is already over. Its just humor left for us now.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
Nobody has called you any names.
If you all can dish it out, do expect to take it though.

Its like you are the seahawks three weeks after the superbowl and still arguing to give the ball to Marshawn Lynch. The game is already over. Its just humor left for us now.

You're the only one now that has been "dishing" it.

I think a better comparison for Trump supporters would be to all the Miami "Heat" fans that jumped on the bandwagon when LeBron left Cleveland. They followed him like sheep, just like Trump's supporters follow him. Now all of a sudden they're Cavs fans again.

You didn't put up one intelligent argument from the moment you went from loving to bashing Cruz so I certainly wouldn't expect you to put one up now. :biglmao:
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Of course it does. Rewarding evil behavior with a vote is just asking for more of the same.

So, were you talking about hypocrisy, or were you talking about evil behavior? But Trump is evil now huh? And you are the guy who was just redressing me from a position of righteous indignation for what you think is my intolerance of cult members? (I use that word correctly BTW) LOL, this just keeps getting better and better.

He's no worse than most of the guys I grew up with. Many of them referred to women with the same condescension, even using the same terminology in many cases. That unfortunately, is just the way people spoke and acted in the 60's, 70's and 80's. Doesn't make it alright, but it was truly widespread especially in college. I know, I was there. In any case, according to Scripture all men are sinners and have fallen short of the glory of God. I'll be praying that Mr Trump receives good council and if he has not as yet trusted the Lord, that he will come to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ. Will you join me to that end Hoot?

If you continue to insist on winking at Hillary's indiscretions while embellishing every social hiccup on Trump's record, you won't have fooled many people. And going back 25 years to find a highly questionable deviation is not exactly the bombshell #NeverTrump really needs right now. I mean, it is Hillary who has vowed to permanently prop open the floodgates for illegal immigrants for as long as she might be in office along with all the rest, of which I am certain you are every bit as familiar as I, right? And I will restate the obvious. Those who fight their own party's nominee, and that again, according to the will of the people, are doing their best to hand the keys of the White House back to the Clintons.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:So, were you talking about hypocrisy, or were you talking about evil behavior? But Trump is evil now huh? And you are the guy who was just redressing me from a position of righteous indignation for what you think is my intolerance of cult members? (I use that word correctly BTW) LOL, this just keeps getting better and better.

He's no worse than most of the guys I grew up with. Many of them referred to women with the same condescension, even using the same terminology in many cases. That unfortunately, is just the way people spoke and acted in the 60's, 70's and 80's. Doesn't make it alright, but it was truly widespread especially in college. I know, I was there. In any case, according to Scripture all men are sinners and have fallen short of the glory of God. I'll be praying that Mr Trump receives good council and if he has not as yet trusted the Lord, that he will come to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ. Will you join me to that end Hoot?

If you continue to insist on winking at Hillary's indiscretions while embellishing every social hiccup on Trump's record, you won't have fooled many people. And going back 25 years to find a highly questionable deviation is not exactly the bombshell #NeverTrump really needs right now. I mean, it is Hillary who has vowed to permanently prop open the floodgates for illegal immigrants for as long as she might be in office along with all the rest, of which I am certain you are every bit as familiar as I, right? And I will restate the obvious. Those who fight their own party's nominee, and that again, according to the will of the people, are doing their best to hand the keys of the White House back to the Clintons.
Trump lied two days ago about John Miller. That is not ancient history, as you so much want to dismiss it as old news. This country does not need another pathological liar in the White House, but they are going to get one if the election is between Trump and Hillary.

Save your hypocritical preaching for somebody else, TRT. You have revealed your true character with your personal attacks. Sanctimony is not an antidote for your insults.
WideRight05 Wrote:You're the only one now that has been "dishing" it.

I think a better comparison for Trump supporters would be to all the Miami "Heat" fans that jumped on the bandwagon when LeBron left Cleveland. They followed him like sheep, just like Trump's supporters follow him. Now all of a sudden they're Cavs fans again.

You didn't put up one intelligent argument from the moment you went from loving to bashing Cruz so I certainly wouldn't expect you to put one up now. :biglmao:

I think you've got me confused with somebody else.
I haven't disliked Trump at all. Ive said from the beginning I would be fine with either a Trump or Cruz candidacy for the better of the country. Even you and your boy hoot didn't have bad things to say about Trump at first until he started spanking Teddy.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I think you've got me confused with somebody else.
I haven't disliked Trump at all. Ive said from the beginning I would be fine with either a Trump or Cruz candidacy for the better of the country. Even you and your boy hoot didn't have bad things to say about Trump at first until he started spanking Teddy.
That is not true at all, but you have never let facts guide your opinions. I started the "Case Against Donald Trump" thread on Jan. 31, 2016, just before Ted Cruz won the Iowa Caucuses, but I expressed reservations about Donald Trump's fitness for office before that. FYI, the Iowa Caucuses were the first GOP contests of the campaign.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Trump lied two days ago about John Miller. That is not ancient history, as you so much want to dismiss it as old news. This country does not need another pathological liar in the White House, but they are going to get one if the election is between Trump and Hillary.

Save your hypocritical preaching for somebody else, TRT. You have revealed your true character with your personal attacks. Sanctimony is not an antidote for your insults.

I have disputed your conclusions and dogmatic predictions of doom. You on the other hand have attacked (personally) every last person who has dared to challenge your anti-Trump rantings, whether those challenges were presented tactfully or bluntly.

Just a thought, it's hard to talk down to people when in the gutter. But I know you'll keep on trying. :biggrin:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I think you've got me confused with somebody else.

I didn't even take Trump seriously at first. In fact, I thought Hoot was exaggerating early on. I was concerned in July after seeing him take such a big lead and develop such a cult-like following, but still thought Trump would drop at some point - that he would find some excuse for it even if he were in the lead. The longer he went on, seeing some of his antics on Twitter and watching him stumble through position after position, I became concerned. Him and Ted didn't even touch each other until deep into the debates. I thought maybe Cruz had him in as a plant. I've mentioned (had you paid attention) multiple times that Trump's anti-politically correct attitude was a big asset to the party.

Very few people knew of Trump's political views prior to the election, with the exception that he didn't like Obama. My personal views were that while I would have loved to see Cruz win, I would be very content with a non-establishment member that took a stand on life and Church-related issues such as Marco Rubio. The only candidate I would probably take Trump over, as I'm saying again, is George Pataki. Of course, you admitted to not researching the candidates so you probably don't know who that is.

I kept expecting Jeb Bush to make some kind of big run as the election went along. I honestly thought TRT would be on here trying to convince me to vote Jeb.

You might say that you're content with a Cruz presidency, the content of your posts say different. I've never ruled out voting for Trump completely, which you would know if you've read my posts. Seeing your cult-like attraction to Trump is a perfect reminder of how his base acts, however. Keep trying to slap TRT on the but while avoiding having to defend your positions. Knowing how he posts, he would probably prefer you make your own arguments. If you took time to read the posts between Hoot and I, you would see two different styles of arguments.
TheRealThing Wrote:I have disputed your conclusions and dogmatic predictions of doom. You on the other hand have attacked (personally) every last person who has dared to challenge your anti-Trump rantings, whether those challenges were presented tactfully or bluntly.

Just a thought, it's hard to talk down to people when in the gutter. But I know you'll keep on trying. :biggrin:
It is really getting boring conversing with you, TRT. You keep hurling insults at me and nothing else. Trump devotion seems to have impaired your ability to think. Have you taken the oath yet, or does that require a personal audience with The Donald?

[Image: http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/03/0...205979.jpg]
WideRight05 Wrote:****Note before reading: I'm responding to your whole post here but have cut off the other parts of it in the quote to save space.****

TRT, relating to your first sentence – thank you for your kind words. I do make it a goal to be fair to everybody I’m posting with. As DMW found out, anybody who reaches out like that will certainly get a kind, fair shake from me in return regardless of viewpoint. One may not agree, but I'll certainly do my best to be understanding.

Trump has strived for unity but in my opinion has been the most divisive Republican I can remember, at least in my lifetime. We needed somebody to take a major stand against the establishment. You’ve heard just as much as anybody on here my grumblings about the establishment. If people like Jeb Bush were standing against Trump, that would be one thing. Instead, you have non-establishment Republicans that have been outnumbered heavily on both sides in congress that I’m talking about that Trump has treated horribly. These should be his allies and he can’t just shove them to the side. You mentioned in one of these threads recently that you would have liked to see the Ted Cruz that won Iowa, the Ted Cruz that gave the graceful concession speech. That Ted Cruz would have been impossible to bring out and win against Donald Trump with some of the antics he has been pulling over Twitter and in his interviews. Most people want a candidate that entertains and insults, rather than a candidate that is professional. I’m just surprised that Trump hasn’t been held to the same level of professionalism expected out of Cruz in your discussions about him with regard to some of the antics he has pulled.

Many Trump supporters want to see unity but do so with a caustic approach of name-calling and verbal rants without the desire to open up discussion on issues. That’s not how you unite with people. If uniting with this group means me setting aside my values, it’s not happening. I’ll take divisiveness over sacrificing my morals. Be it when Trump brought Barbara Bush into the scenario through an ad or going to antics such as comparing the psychology of Ben Carson to a child molester, this is not the behavior we want to see in the President of the United States.

I know your concerns because we share the exact same concerns. You concern about the redefinition of marriage and now, the extent of “transgender rights” that are being pushed in our schools and by this administration. We share concern about the sanctity of life and defending the rights of the unborn - with the hopes of one day overturning Roe v. Wade. Choosing Trump might help us out a little bit on those issues, but – pretending Ted Cruz doesn’t exist here – we had other candidates to choose from. Rubio, for one, would have been excellent at defending both of these issues mostly, and turning our country back to God. Last summer you took a pretty strong stand around Trump. I didn’t see much else coming from you in terms of supporting one of these other candidates that we know would have made a substantial impact in these areas. The establishment hasn’t been rebelled against because they’re not conservative enough. It’s because they haven’t taken action. Every Trump supporter on this board is on record stating that they do not know what he’s going to do. I might have said something different in 2008 or even 2012 regarding whether or not we should support him. But considering – again, Cruz out of the equation – we had people that would have pushed changes, why take that kind of heavy risk on a candidate that just the other day dodged his stance on bathroom laws that even some of the weaker Republican governors listed in my prior post have stood up to?

What is done, is done, that is true. We have made the mistake and I don’t even what to begin to think about what the consequences are going to be for this. Uniting around the Republican Party just for the sake of unity, it’s not happening – that would be cowardly for me to do, if anything, because I'm not going to go along with the crowd and abandon what I believe. If that gets people like RIUTG calling me names, I don’t care. Uniting around a single man with this cult-like mentality is what leads to societies falling apart. It’s what leads to cults. It’s what leads to homosexual “marriages” and not being able to define the correct bathroom. This is the same thing that happened with Barack Obama and his supporters.

The Republican Party had the opportunity to send multiple candidates that would have been good, and didn’t. So whatever the consequences this decision brings, so be it. If Donald Trump starts acting more presidential or pandering to the Christian base, it will probably be because his polls numbers are slipping because of one or the other – not because it’s what he truly believes. He is telling the people what they want to hear, and in many respects, is no different from the ordinary politician.

I know what he has said he will do, and I know what Hillary says she will do. There is only one question, and that is has Trump told the truth? I say give the man a chance.

Obama does have a core following IMHO. And I have attempted over and over again to point out how Dems have morphed from the party of our grandfathers, to become the bastion of liberalism and progressivism they are today. That does not mean the past 8 years have been a cultic experience owing to blind allegiance. That means that takers don't give the first flip where the checks come from as long as they continue to get them. It also means that Democrats have not failed to circle the wagons since the days of the Clinton impeachment. So, in that sense, you are correct about the unity part where it has come to Democrats willingness to put the interests of party over the good of the country.

In the broader sense, the Democrat Party is the party of special interests. From abortion, to gay rights, to global warming, to immigration, to minorities, to a forced acceptance of Islam, even radical Islam, and on and on it goes. You can call that the manifestations of cultism I guess, I wouldn't. I'd call evidence of man's final deterioration into a total rejection of truth as it would apply to spiritual matters and moral issues.

Trump won the primary Wide, I can accept that because it is a done deal. The Lord is the One Who establishes Kings and kingdoms and all sorts of government heads. I believe He gave us what we deserved in Barack Obama, my fear is that He might give us Hillary, which in my mind means our days in the woodshed are not over. I have always tried to point that out, while insisting that is our responsibility to take an active part in our government and fight for what is right as long as we live.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Hoot Gibson Wrote:It is really getting boring conversing with you, TRT. You keep hurling insults at me and nothing else. Trump devotion seems to have impaired your ability to think. Have you taken the oath yet, or does that require a personal audience with The Donald?

I got a little flash for you. What you've engaged in is not conversing and frankly, now that you mention it, I must admit that I'm a little sick of my role in reinforcing your co-dependent fantasies as well. There is ample enough substance in my posts thank you, but I'm okay with your continued self indulgence in delusion. Very likely, the Mayor of La-La Land already has a plot in mind for you.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:I got a little flash for you. What you've engaged in is not conversing and frankly, now that you mention it, I must admit that I'm a little sick of my role in reinforcing your co-dependent fantasies as well. There is ample enough substance in my posts thank you, but I'm okay with your continued self indulgence in delusion. Very likely, the Mayor of La-La Land already has a plot in mind for you.
I might as well listen to Trump's nonsensical rants directly as listen to them echoed through his one of his personality cultists.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:It is really getting boring conversing with you, TRT. You keep hurling insults at me and nothing else. Trump devotion seems to have impaired your ability to think. Have you taken the oath yet, or does that require a personal audience with The Donald?

lol they are waving.
The vast majority of Trump supporters voted for him because of his policy stances, especially on trade.Appalachia especially supported Trump because of his policy provisions, His stand on trade, immigration and other economic and budgetary issues is the reason his support is so solid. Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio lost because they had a limited appeal for the common man. Several long time Republicans in this area have told me they will no longer support a free trader for anything- if it were to elect a Hillary as a result so be it. I was stunned by the number of lifelong Republicans who said they would vote for Sanders.They do not support massive cuts to entitlement or social programs as a way of balancing the budget. They are fed up with both the party and the conservative establishments. They don't like libertarians or the more extreme tea partiers. They have no desire to see a mass repeal of the New Deal or much of the Great Society.
Cruz and the rest lost because of issues not personality.
TRT, I'll reply to you in a bit, but here's something that Ben Carson just revealed.

Trump's short list for VP:

Chris Christie (Why in the world would someone trust this guy?)

Ted Cruz (Surprisingly)

John Kasich (Likely pick IMO - Ohio ties, but he flip flops on a lot of issues.)

Marco Rubio (Already announced he wasn't going to...but he does have Florida ties. I just can't see him changing his mind.)

Sarah Palin (The way she treated Cruz in stabbing him in the back, and I'm not saying this because he was my favorite, but it should be a red flag to anyone. If she'd do it to Cruz, she'd do it to Trump. Not to be trusted.)
I hardly ever come to the political threads, mainly because they are boring but these threads are actually funny seeing as how a bunch of grown men act like kids. These threads should be glaring examples of why republicans can't win. they eat their own. you have people here that are like kids in walmart and screaming i'll never vote for trump, then you have guys that are able to swallow the stench of trump and vote, then you have guys that are die hard trump. I find it funny that some of you scream i won't vote for Trump but im sure 4 years ago you was screaming Romney. The hyprocisy in this thread is funny to watch. Then if Hillary wins, we will see the whining about another 8 years of Obama. LOL. TheRealThing is a conservative it seems but has sense enough to understand what's at stake, Hoot has gone nuts and lost touch with reality like the rest of the people in the won't vote for Trump crowd, WideRight05 is like his little attack dog who jumps in every time someone disagrees with Hoot. Demarcus ware and RunItUpTheGut seem like die hard Trump guys regardless of what he says or does..

I find it funny to hear Hoot call Trump a liberal and predicts what he will do in the future. Man, you should be famous for your fortune telling abilities or locked up in a mental ward one, not sure. If i was taking people's advice about trump, i would look at who is around him. and Jeff Sessions being the first guy to step up speaks volumes, or you could always use the Bill Kristol i mean Hoot Gibson future predicting abilities to make your decision :hilarious: Sorry WideRight05 don't beat me up for talking about daddy hoot. Speaking of that here's a cartoon/video that reminds me of the Hoot/WideRight05 relationship..

[YOUTUBE="Hoot/WideRight05"]UVNHcob3oJg[/YOUTUBE]
luke skywalker Wrote:I hardly ever come to the political threads, mainly because they are boring but these threads are actually funny seeing as how a bunch of grown men act like kids. These threads should be glaring examples of why republicans can't win. they eat their own. you have people here that are like kids in walmart and screaming i'll never vote for trump, then you have guys that are able to swallow the stench of trump and vote, then you have guys that are die hard trump. I find it funny that some of you scream i won't vote for Trump but im sure 4 years ago you was screaming Romney. The hyprocisy in this thread is funny to watch. Then if Hillary wins, we will see the whining about another 8 years of Obama. LOL. TheRealThing is a conservative it seems but has sense enough to understand what's at stake, Hoot has gone nuts and lost touch with reality like the rest of the people in the won't vote for Trump crowd, WideRight05 is like his little attack dog who jumps in every time someone disagrees with Hoot. Demarcus ware and RunItUpTheGut seem like die hard Trump guys regardless of what he says or does..

I find it funny to hear Hoot call Trump a liberal and predicts what he will do in the future. Man, you should be famous for your fortune telling abilities or locked up in a mental ward one, not sure. If i was taking people's advice about trump, i would look at who is around him. and Jeff Sessions being the first guy to step up speaks volumes, or you could always use the Bill Kristol i mean Hoot Gibson future predicting abilities to make your decision :hilarious: Sorry WideRight05 don't beat me up for talking about daddy hoot. Speaking of that here's a cartoon/video that reminds me of the Hoot/WideRight05 relationship..

I have my differences with each of them, but as the saying goes, you mess with one, you mess with em' all.

If you actually read through the posts, you would see that Hoot and I had completely different arguments about why we weren't voting for Trump. I have stayed out of a lot of Hoot's debates with Jetpilot and/or TRT. For one, Hoot doesn't need me. I hate to see him and TRT going at each other like this, because I've looked up to and learned from both. I like TRT and even if I disagree with him to the fullest extent, I want to keep him as a friend and don't want to see things going the direction of him and Hoot. The people I have taken a strong stand against are DeMarcus Ware and RIUTG for their lack of providing an argument. Although DMW has really made some good posts the past few times we have discussed both on here and via PM. Regardless, I have their back here.

If you actually read the posts, you would also know that I am open to voting for Trump, and that has been mentioned multiple times. But I'm not just going to jump on board like a lap dog. If I do follow Hoot in one area, it's that I'm my own independent thinker. I don't need someone to think for me. Otherwise, as much as I have looked up to TRT, I would be jumping on everything he says like a lapdog. I'm sure TRT would rather me sit here questioning like I am instead of just jumping on board mindlessly.

Republicans "eat their own" because at least they have enough sense to question when they see something come up that does not represent conservatism. Not like the Democrats, where everybody follows what the master says. I'm sure you feel good about the shape the country is in right now - in large part because of the mentality of you and your ilk.

TRT, Hoot, DMW, RIUTG and I were for Romney, and looking at it from your post I would bet you were an Obama supporter in 2012. If that is the case, you have zero room to talk because your vote played a huge role in putting our country in the mess it's in right now. I certainly am no Trump fan, but if you're admitting you're voting for Hillary based on that post then that would be an absolute embarrassment to have to admit. :biglmao:
luke skywalker Wrote:I hardly ever come to the political threads, mainly because they are boring but these threads are actually funny seeing as how a bunch of grown men act like kids. These threads should be glaring examples of why republicans can't win. they eat their own. you have people here that are like kids in walmart and screaming i'll never vote for trump, then you have guys that are able to swallow the stench of trump and vote, then you have guys that are die hard trump. I find it funny that some of you scream i won't vote for Trump but im sure 4 years ago you was screaming Romney. The hyprocisy in this thread is funny to watch. Then if Hillary wins, we will see the whining about another 8 years of Obama. LOL. TheRealThing is a conservative it seems but has sense enough to understand what's at stake, Hoot has gone nuts and lost touch with reality like the rest of the people in the won't vote for Trump crowd, WideRight05 is like his little attack dog who jumps in every time someone disagrees with Hoot. Demarcus ware and RunItUpTheGut seem like die hard Trump guys regardless of what he says or does..

You know, I've been posting on this forum for something over 6 years now. I've seen various and sundry one post wonders make their entrance, attempt to sum everybody up and slam the door on their way out. You Sir, are in a league of your own, may the force be with you.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I will say though, it's turning in to complete craziness here. Never in my entire time here did I think we would see TRT and Hoot tearing into each other. Never.

Back on topic, TRT, I'd like to read your thoughts on the VP selections I mentioned earlier. Who would you go with?
Kasich is the smart choice if there ever was one just for trying to win Ohio. A state he will have to win.
Considering Rubio should never be an option. He won't help with Florida as we seen what Trump did to him there.
WideRight05 Wrote:I will say though, it's turning in to complete craziness here. Never in my entire time here did I think we would see TRT and Hoot tearing into each other. Never.

Back on topic, TRT, I'd like to read your thoughts on the VP selections I mentioned earlier. Who would you go with?

RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Kasich is the smart choice if there ever was one just for trying to win Ohio. A state he will have to win.
Considering Rubio should never be an option. He won't help with Florida as we seen what Trump did to him there.

Honestly, it is a bit difficult to be sure. I will say that a strongly established conservative like some of those mentioned would in my view go an awful long way towards solidifying the ticket to everybody's liking. Like I said, my favorite right now is Mike Huckabee.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Kasich is the smart choice if there ever was one just for trying to win Ohio. A state he will have to win.

I thought Rubio already dropped his name from the mention, honestly. Even though Trump won big there, that doesn't mean that Rubio isn't liked and couldn't pull out a large following.

Kasich is adored in Ohio. If Kasich were someone I could trust, I would be all for it. Christie, Kasich, & Palin, I wouldn't trust any of the three.

This election has just been bizarre. Now I've been taking up for you. You just never know what's around the next corner. Confusednicker:
WideRight05 Wrote:I thought Rubio already dropped his name from the mention, honestly. Even though Trump won big there, that doesn't mean that Rubio isn't liked and couldn't pull out a large following.

Kasich is adored in Ohio. If Kasich were someone I could trust, I would be all for it. Christie, Kasich, & Palin, I wouldn't trust any of the three.

This election has just been bizarre. Now I've been taking up for you. You just never know what's around the next corner. Confusednicker:

All good points and Trump's campaign team is pretty astute. They absolutely have to have somebody who can navigate in what has become very rough congressional waters. Kasich is admittedly a top choice but for baggage' sake, I'm not on board yet with the idea of Palin.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:All good points and Trump's campaign team is pretty astute. They absolutely have to have somebody who can navigate in what has become very rough congressional waters. Kasich is admittedly a top choice but for baggage's sake, I'm not on board yet with the idea of Palin.

Seeing her treat Cruz the way she did should be a major alarm. Not that this is a big surprise in politics, but I just remember how she constantly was a cheerleader for Cruz and Rubio. When Trump became her choice she put a knife in both of their backs. If she would do that to them, she would certainly do that to Trump. Can't trust her.
WideRight05 Wrote:Seeing her treat Cruz the way she did should be a major alarm. Not that this is a big surprise in politics, but I just remember how she constantly was a cheerleader for Cruz and Rubio. When Trump became her choice she put a knife in both of their backs. If she would do that to them, she would certainly do that to Trump. Can't trust her.

Well and she seems to have lost her religion a bit too. Her riskee campaign trail demeanor is certainly a new style, that's for sure. And though the idea may be that Trump thinks he needs help with women, her short fall to me would be her lack of familiarity and frankly any kind of past working relationships with the members of the Congress to which the new administration will be bound to court.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:lol they are waving.

I hope you're kidding.
Motley Wrote:I hope you're kidding.

No im not kidding. And you know that was media lies as well.
The media lies aren't working anymore. People have finally done the smart thing and stopped listening. There are tons of articles out there on that woman to the left. Do your research. Don't be naïve enough to be your personal spiritual guide Rachel Mandow.
WideRight05 Wrote:I thought Rubio already dropped his name from the mention, honestly. Even though Trump won big there, that doesn't mean that Rubio isn't liked and couldn't pull out a large following.

You were never a target of mine but fell in line with the crazy Confusednicker: