Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will Hazard and Perry Central ever play each other again?
I look forward to watching that game ever year no matter who is the favored by a lot or a little. When will this game be renewed? We play each other in everything else now. Why not one time a year in football?
I give this a few hours before a Perry fan comes on here and says "They would play if Hazard didn't steal their players". Happens every time.
Ah people can go where they want last time I checked. Still wished they would still play. Good rivalry game.
I hope they never play its a lose lose game for perry if they win their supposed to but if they lose its hay we beat that big school. Schools have areas drawn up and thats where kids are supposed to go to school and not go somewhere else just for sports.
It was a game that meant nothing but meant everything at the same time.

No matter how much anyone tried to downplay what it meant for either school winning (i.e. doesn't effect playoffs, Perry is bigger, etc.), each team really wanted to win the Black Gold Bowl and it meant something to the fans.
I hope they never,ever, play again. Lose-lose for Perry Central.
Game means nothing. But there's something about winning the black gold bowl. I would like to see them get some good teams like the Pike County Bowl and let the school host it for two years then switch it and switch the teams they play and let the host school pick the opponent for the other..

Say if it started next year and Hazard hosted it. Let Perry Play at 630 and Hazard around 9 or 930.

I like to see these match ups

Perry vs Fairview
Hazard vs Lawerence
bac2369 Wrote:Game means nothing. But there's something about winning the black gold bowl. I would like to see them get some good teams like the Pike County Bowl and let the school host it for two years then switch it and switch the teams they play and let the host school pick the opponent for the other..

Say if it started next year and Hazard hosted it. Let Perry Play at 630 and Hazard around 9 or 930.

I like to see these match ups

Perry vs Fairview
Hazard vs Lawerence

They actually did this in 2005 & 2006, the match-ups were not as good though. They rotated sites and the rotating opponents were East Ridge and Knott County Central. It wouldn't bother me to see them do this again for the sake of a nice chunk of gate revenue for both schools, especially on black gold weekend.
Its not a lose lose for Perry. Hazard has a ton of Tradition. Hazard is Top 10 every year in Class A. Perry or MC Napier has NEVER had a top 25 team ever. How can it be lose lose when you really have never won anything? Maybe if they would beat Hazard every now and then, their kids may stop going to Hazard. To be the Bull you gotta beat the Bull. That game makes a ton of money for both schools and at the end of the day its just a dang football game. Someones gonna win and someones gonna lose. I think they should play each other all the time. Freshman, JV, you name it. Every sport. Couple fights break out, so be it. I miss the rivalry.
Hazard does good in 1a. They have a cakewalk to semi finals every year. Let them go into playoffs against pulaski co. southwestern Mercer co and some of those teams in first round and see how they do. When you get out of class a [ jenkins, pineville, lynn camp harlan city. your looking at whole new ballgame. So if you want to write something on here make sure you put all the facts along with it. Dilce Combs never had a football team since 1965 or 66
That's why they play CLASS A! They pretty much dominate their division. I'd almost be willing to bet that they could win Perry Centrals district almost every single year. In the past, Hazard would of put a running clock on Pulaski. Pulaski has just recently put together a good program. Im saying the past 6-8 years. IM NOT A HAZARD FAN! Just stating the facts. I don't think Perry could compete with Pikeville, Paintsville, Beechwood, Fairview and some other Class A teams. The thing that everyone here is forgetting is that its 11 vs. 11. Not 1500 vs 250. Hazard has always dominated Perry in football. Yeah Perry has won a few here and there but lets be real. Wished Perry beat them every dang year. But if you aint never gonna play them, how you gonna beat them? Don't matter if they ever beat them or not. At the end of the day, its just a dang game. Only ones that will remember are the players and the coaches. By basketball season, everyone will forget about it anyway. Its a good local game that brings in a big crowd. By some books or laptops for the schools with all that money.
Like i said you need to know what youre talking about before you post things on line. Check youre numbers. I live in Hazard and i been on both sides of the fence. Best team haz ever had couldent play with some of the better 5a schools i watch them every year. Even then most of the better players were from out in the county and dident even live in the city. THATS ALL FOLKS
Apparently you dont know much about football. Dont care what side of the fence you sit on. We havent had 5A football for more than what 20 years? Hazard and Ft Thomas Highlands used to have some battles.
The_Rock Wrote:That's why they play CLASS A! They pretty much dominate their division. I'd almost be willing to bet that they could win Perry Centrals district almost every single year.

Ridiculous.
Hazard beat Letcher by 3 last season and Letcher finished fourth in the district.
North Laurel beat Letcher 51-0.
The_Rock Wrote:Hazard and Ft Thomas Highlands used to have some battles.

Are you talking about the 1960s?
me and mine Wrote:Like i said you need to know what youre talking about before you post things on line. Check youre numbers. I live in Hazard and i been on both sides of the fence. Best team haz ever had couldent play with some of the better 5a schools i watch them every year. Even then most of the better players were from out in the county and dident even live in the city. THATS ALL FOLKS

Hazard is 10-2 versus 5A since 2007.
I count 3. Johnson Central in 2008 and Letcher and Clay in 2009.
The_Rock Wrote:Apparently you dont know much about football. Dont care what side of the fence you sit on. We havent had 5A football for more than what 20 years? Hazard and Ft Thomas Highlands used to have some battles.
Has Hazard ever played Highlands?
Don't matter when I am talking about 60's or whenever. Hazard has been a power in Class A and Class AA ever since they started playing the game of football in Kentucky. Good lord, give credit when credit is due. None of this really matters though, just would like to see them play Perry Central every single year. Its a great rivalry. And its cheap on each teams budget. Aint really no pressure on Perry to beat them anyway because they really never have. Its 11 vs 11. You got a county guy coaching Hazard and some county guys as assistant coaches. Everyone knows each other pretty well. Not a big deal at all, just play the game.
bac2369 Wrote:I count 3. Johnson Central in 2008 and Letcher and Clay in 2009.

Forgot about Johnson County being 5A those years. Thanks! They were a great team that year, too!
The_Rock Wrote:Don't matter when I am talking about 60's or whenever. Hazard has been a power in Class A and Class AA ever since they started playing the game of football in Kentucky. Good lord, give credit when credit is due. None of this really matters though, just would like to see them play Perry Central every single year. Its a great rivalry. And its cheap on each teams budget. Aint really no pressure on Perry to beat them anyway because they really never have. Its 11 vs 11. You got a county guy coaching Hazard and some county guys as assistant coaches. Everyone knows each other pretty well. Not a big deal at all, just play the game.

I agree with The Rock!!! Hazard and Perry County should play every year. Confusedinglepar
Perry is always afraid to play us. Always making an excuse.:hilarious:
Just from what I have read, IMO I think Hazard would have more to lose. Based on if Perry won then kids may stop transferring to Hazard. Plus Hazard has the tradition and are supposed to win. Perry is like the little brother.
Either way it would be a physical game.
More like our Little Sister. ahahahahahaahahah:Cheerlead
Bulldogs4Ever Wrote:Perry is always afraid to play us. Always making an excuse.:hilarious:

Hazard canceled all those games back in 2009 for being 'scared for safety', not Perry. So cute you try to flip the script on that now Confusednicker:
Bulldogs4Ever Wrote:More like our Little Sister. ahahahahahaahahah:Cheerlead

Just looking at KHSAA
Perry beat Hazard 3 times in boys basketball
Perry beat Hazard 2 times in girls basketball
Perry beat hazard 2 times in Boys soccer
Perry beat Hazard 2 times in girs soccer
Perry has beat Hazard in softball 1 time as of now
Hazard has beat Perry 1 time in baseball as of now
Hazard beat Perry 2 times in volleyball

Its not looking like Perry is a little sister.
Im talking about in the MANS GAME of Football. Not the other sports. Little Sister in Football.
The_Rock Wrote:I'd almost be willing to bet that they could win Perry Centrals district almost every single year.

Harlan County won the 5A district in 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013.

In 2010, Hazard beat Letcher by 14; HCHS beat them by 31

In 2011, Harlan County beat Morristown West, Dunbar, Pulaski County (20-0) in regional finals; Hazard lost to Breathitt, Breathitt beat Letcher by 21 and HCHS beat them by 48

In 2012, HCHS beat Tates Creek, Pulaski, Bell, Gate City, Va.; Hazard lost to Breathitt County, Somerset and Lexington Christian and lost in the regional finals while Harlan County won its region by 34 points over Pulaski County

In 2013, Hazard lost to Williamsburg 21-7, Williamsburg lost to North by 17, North lost to Perry and HCHS beat Perry by 45 points.
HCS Wrote:Harlan County won the 5A district in 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013.

In 2010, Hazard beat Letcher by 14; HCHS beat them by 31

In 2011, Harlan County beat Morristown West, Dunbar, Pulaski County (20-0) in regional finals; Hazard lost to Breathitt, Breathitt beat Letcher by 21 and HCHS beat them by 48

In 2012, HCHS beat Tates Creek, Pulaski, Bell, Gate City, Va.; Hazard lost to Breathitt County, Somerset and Lexington Christian and lost in the regional finals while Harlan County won its region by 34 points over Pulaski County

In 2013, Hazard lost to Williamsburg 21-7, Williamsburg lost to North by 17, North lost to Perry and HCHS beat Perry by 45 points.

Hazard didn't lose in the Regional finals in 2012. They played Fairview in the semi-finals and lost but was later awarded the win due to a forfeit per sanctions from the KHSAA.
Since the title in 2011 for Hazard the team that beat them in the playoffs played in Bowling Green.
That is nothing to hang there heads about. Perry's needs to atleast get by the second round in the playoffs.

Perry's biggest win in school his is there win over Johnson Central. To me that's a damn good win too especially beating statistically the best running back in kentucky history.